(Topic ID: 243387)

Demolition Man - game resets when flipper activates

By robotron911

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

This thing has some bugs. I got it and the left flipper would stick in the up position. Did a full rebuild on bott two flippers. The left coil metered fine but the sleeve was so stuck, it was impossible to remove. So I replaced the coil. Game flipped fine with triggers and right flipper, but would reset the moment the left flipper button was depressed. Also, DMD had vertical bars through it at regular intervals. Reseated cables with no luck. On game reset the DMD showed fine but now none of the flippers or triggers work. Buttons on handle come up in switch edge test but not triggers or flippers.

Any suggestions? I’m out of town until Thursday and I was hoping for some suggestions when I get back home and troubleshoot. I’m not a repair expert by any means, but am learning.

Thanks

#2 4 years ago

If it resets when you hit both flippers is possibly a bridge rectifier. This daughterboard may help. http://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

The DMD board can go bad but not typical.

If they were flipping before and aren't and now I would check fuses first

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

This thing has some bugs. I got it and the left flipper would stick in the up position. Did a full rebuild on bott two flippers. The left coil metered fine but the sleeve was so stuck, it was impossible to remove. So I replaced the coil. Game flipped fine with triggers and right flipper, but would reset the moment the left flipper button was depressed.

Maybe you soldered the flipper coil wires to the wrong terminals. Measure the two flipper coil windings and compare to the right flipper coil, with the EOS switch open and closed. Can you post a picture?

Quoted from robotron911:

Buttons on handle come up in switch edge test but not triggers or flippers.

You may have blown a fuse on the fliptronix board (top left board). Test the fuses with a meter.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Also, DMD had vertical bars through it at regular intervals.

Try reseating this ribbon cable.2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I will update when I get back home.

#7 4 years ago

check all connections/ reseat or look for faulty/corroded plugs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-game-resets-when-flipper-activates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.