• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RGman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all,
I got myself some under cab led-strips from Tim Mezel, and i really like 'm. But a weird thing happens on my Demolition Man: when it's plugged in (12v, left of the coin door ), the right flipper loses its power when it's triggered by the flipper button- no problem with the left one.
But i can't figure out why there's no power drain when i use the gun-handle to trigger the flipper...then it works just fine. Anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

The flipper button uses an optical switch / flipper onto board which runs on 12v. The flipper buttons on the handle don't.

Since I'm assuming your optos work and your other flipper works, sounds like a flipper board issue, or some screwy power going to the flipper board because of the mod.

Try checking your voltages at the flipper opto board, compare it to what you are getting on the working flipper opto board.

Try swapping the left and right flipper opto boards.

Games were't designed to run mods, they were designed to do exactly what they are doing. Sometimes the game can handle it, sometimes they can't. Typically, a game can handle it, but installing mods can bring issues out of the woodwork that you never would have noticed if you didn't install the mod.

Quoted from Benfica99:

Hi all,
I got myself some under cab led-strips from Tim Mezel, and i really like 'm. But a weird thing happens on my Demolition Man: when it's plugged in (12v, left of the coin door ), the right flipper loses its power when it's triggered by the flipper button- no problem with the left one.
But i can't figure out why there's no power drain when i use the gun-handle to trigger the flipper...then it works just fine. Anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks

#3 9 years ago

I'm having this problem as well with no mods.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 72.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-flipper-power-drainled-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.