Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by systemlcp
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider systemlcp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Original post issue was semi resolved (claw previously would only move one way, non stop), so... new post.

On boot I get the "elevator broken" error. The claw can go both directions in test mode and does so on boot as well. In test mode, each of the 4 optos show activity when they are interrupted. The elevator goes up and down.

In the claw test mode, auto run fails, but park elevator will lower it successfully and trigger the index opto.
I've reseated all connectors, replaced the EMI and DC motor boards, aux drive board, 7 sw opto board, and replaced the opto on the index opto board (which I have ordered and will be NOS soon as well).

In game with the claw enabled, the elevator goes up and the claw comes over and grabs the ball and an audible electrical hum starts, you can't move the claw with the flippers or triggers. Game is locked up at that point, only playable with the claw disabled in the option menu.

on the driver board I noticed Q36 and Q38 have been replaced, looking for some pointers on where to go from here, will probably replace Q36 and Q38 if the new opto board doesn't do the trick. Thanks in advance for the help.

#4 10 years ago

Mine was doing something similar initially, but stopped after I put a new EMI and dc motor control board in. On the verge of just replacing the whole assembly, upgrading to rottendog MPU and driver board.

#5 10 years ago

http://ksarcade.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=2&q=demolition+man

they have the emi and dc motor board cheap than I've found elsewhere.

2 weeks later
#7 10 years ago

So, still stuck. Replaced the index opto board to no avail. In test mode the elevator goes up and down and the magnet but the magnet won't grab the ball. if I put it in attract mode and put a ball in there the elevator raises it up and the claw will swing over and grab the ball with the magnet but then instead of swinging back left and dropping the ball down the ACMAG lane it just give off an electric hum sound. As the elevator error message is suppose to be an indication that the index opto state isn't being detected by the CPU, I went ahead and pulled it and the driverboard to reflow everything and replace Q36 and Q38 on the driver board (as they aren't the default TIP102 ones).

LTG, where you at man? say something that makes me feel stupid and simultaneously points out the solution.

1 week later
#8 10 years ago

[attachment=1357918,undefined]
// Error: Image 173725 not found //
so thats what it does when it gets a ball in the elevator in attractmode. forgets how to move left and right.
at a loss...

[attachment=1357918,] [attachment=1357918,]
2 months later
#13 10 years ago

have to check mine, but that's the same issue it has. Been moving so I've just been living without the claw function.

#15 10 years ago

nice, I'll have to bust mine open and see if that's the deal on mine. Sounds like it is.

2 months later
#17 9 years ago

Finally got mine apart and checked it all out. my gear motor was the correct one, granted I have a spare (which I also tried) cpu board just refuses to see the index opto during gameplay or test mode. If I go to the elevator test and park the elevator it show the index opto as working, but still fails the autorun test... Anyone know a good tech in austin that actually has time to do a service call? I'd gladly pay to put this behind me, on a losing streak with my project pins of late.

#19 9 years ago

if you move the claw all the way left or right in switch test mode you should see the opto switches (25/26) close. the elevator hold opto can be triggered in switch test mode with a ball or even just obstruct it with your finger. The Index opto (which is where all my headaches stem from)is under the play field, use the "park elevator" selection to see if it activates (granted mine does in test mode but only for a split second in autorun) Just finished LED'ing it out so at least its pretty.

3 weeks later
#20 9 years ago

DM is going into a local arcade repair shop to try and help figure out the weird claw issue. I'll be sure to post what the fix ends up being.

1 month later
#21 9 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-12330
there ended up being two issues. Issue one, the EMI board I bought from http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ was bad on arrival. Not the first time they've sold me dead boards. Buy from Marco or Pinballlife.
Anyway, that board was bad and the frame of the elevator housing was slightly bent creating an occasional bind when the OPTO interrupter hit the side of the OPTO instead of going in between it. Finally have DM up again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 81.95
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider systemlcp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-elevator-broken-error?tu=systemlcp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.