Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by waldo34
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My Demo Man is having claw issues / elavator issue. On startup the claw will rotate but the elavator will not move. After allot of debug and cleaning the normal opto boards for both elavator and claw I ruled those things out. After testing voltage I finally pulled my A-12697-1 driver board from my STTNG to replace the DM A-12697-3 board. The elavator worked like a champ. The issue I have now is I can't figure out the issue with the DM A-12697-3 board. Q40 tests fine. Not sure what else to test. Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

try replacing it anyways.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

try replacing it anyways.

also change the pre-driver, looks like Q39

#4 5 years ago

have you tried your nut driver set?..mike from lake villa broke this on saturday night because you did not have any EM machines at your party.

#5 5 years ago

Replaced Q40 and Q39 no luck. What's the correct way to test j126 pin 2 to make sure it comes on in test mode?

#6 5 years ago

Check componemts associated with 12 volts. Its possible you have a bad cap or failing bridge causing the 12 volts to go low when the motors energize. This will cause errors as the motors move slowly causing the feature to shut down to prevent motor damage.

#7 5 years ago

Resolved maybe? I decided to put my board from STTNG back in. This time the elevator hardly moved. Looking a little closer I found that the wire harness for the claw switches was compressed up against the elevator. After relocating the harness it worked just fine. Decided to put the DM board back in to see what happen. To my shock it started working just fine. Crazy! I'll leave this open for a bit to update but right now things are looking good.

#8 5 years ago

did you use your nut driver set to remove harness clamp?

#9 5 years ago

Working great after a few dozen games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 81.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-driver-board-elavator-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.