Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-01-14 17_17_36-IMG_9914 (002).JPG ?- Photos (resized).jpg
2018-01-14 17_17_03-IMG_9916 (002).JPG ?- Photos (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I had an issue with my DMD recently but after opening it up and reconnecting the ribbon cables it is now working. While I was in there I noticed that there was some burning of a couple of components.

Can anyone tell me what these are for and if it should be causing an issue for the machine. Should I fix them or leave as is. The machine is working fine now.

2018-01-14 17_17_03-IMG_9916 (002).JPG ?- Photos (resized).jpg2018-01-14 17_17_03-IMG_9916 (002).JPG ?- Photos (resized).jpg

2018-01-14 17_17_36-IMG_9914 (002).JPG ?- Photos (resized).jpg2018-01-14 17_17_36-IMG_9914 (002).JPG ?- Photos (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from douglasmcneill:

I had an issue with my DMD recently but after opening it up and reconnecting the ribbon cables it is now working. While I was in there I noticed that there was some burning of a couple of components.
Can anyone tell me what these are for and if it should be causing an issue for the machine. Should I fix them or leave as is. The machine is working fine now.

Those regulate the high voltage for the dmd. Common to have some burning but that looks pretty bad. You should probably get it rebuilt or replace it if starts causing problems.

#3 6 years ago

zacaj is correct. And that looks very badly burnt. I would get a new or rebuild board. I might even have a rebuilt one if you are interested.

FYI. I've repaired several of these and I wouldn't touch this one.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks both of you.

Turtle - thanks for the offer. Can you PM me with the details or email me rustystarfish'at'gmail.com. Would be interested.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from douglasmcneill:

If you get stuck, we have used this satellite board before. Works well.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14039-SAT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 81.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 72.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-dmd-burnt-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.