(Topic ID: 133551)

Demolition Man - DM modding, what to do/buy!?!?

By junkwavepete

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

402FA607-9152-4145-8B8F-CB3E821E334B (resized).jpeg
Comet Pinball Ice Blue (resized).png
demo-man-before-after (resized).jpg
demo-man-before-after (resized).jpg
demolition-man-playfield-tall-under-glass (resized).jpg
00-demo4.jpg
2015-07-19_02-20-47.jpg
2015-07-19_02-20-31.jpg
P1040135.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

Bumping, as I'm looking for more Demolition Mods, upgrades, and action in this thread. They seem hard to come by.

#13 7 years ago

I'm working on the brighter LED's right now, it had way too many white in there for my liking, but it didn't look bad either... That's why I put it off so long. But it's time for disassembly and deep cleaning of the upper play field at least. Currently, I have lighted flipper buttons, and no other mods.

I saw a Demolition Man at Allentown that had the small round rings around the trigger buttons up on top of the handles back lit and it looked great but I don't know who's game it was (yet, still hunting) or how they did it. But that's on my list.

Also considering mirror blades or some type of game blade, but didn't know which to get, I started a separate topic for that with a poll because I'd like to see some pics of them in games.

I already have cushioned target decals, but might swap them for a different set.

Attaching a pic of what I am starting with...

demolition-man-playfield-tall-under-glass (resized).jpgdemolition-man-playfield-tall-under-glass (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

Here's my before and after. v1 to v2, it may be a little too extreme now, but I'm going to roll with this for a little while and maybe make a few adjustments. I can always flip it back easy enough. I was going for more pop in the color and a bit more evil of a look with the reds, but it does cause problems with the red & blue mixing so that's what I think I gotta balance out a bit better. Plus cameras tend to oversaturate pics, it's not as extreme and more clear and tolerable in person.

Not a very fun game to tear apart, but for all the ramps and wire forms, I was surprised how easy it came apart and went back together.

demo-man-before-after (resized).jpgdemo-man-before-after (resized).jpg

1 week later
#16 7 years ago

Got a bit better pic that shows the true color a bit better. It was really bothering me. Still not sure what I like better, the white look seems a bit cleaner but in person I think I like the colored version better. Still working it out a bit more and not done, this is more or less a trial run as I hone in on what I want.

demo-man-before-after (resized).jpgdemo-man-before-after (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
$ 81.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-dm-modding-what-to-dobuy?tu=sevenrites and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.