(Topic ID: 133551)

Demolition Man - DM modding, what to do/buy!?!?

By junkwavepete

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

402FA607-9152-4145-8B8F-CB3E821E334B (resized).jpeg
Comet Pinball Ice Blue (resized).png
demo-man-before-after (resized).jpg
demo-man-before-after (resized).jpg
demolition-man-playfield-tall-under-glass (resized).jpg
00-demo4.jpg
2015-07-19_02-20-47.jpg
2015-07-19_02-20-31.jpg
P1040135.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just got a very nice looking demolition man Just wondered what mods people are doing on that machine?
Please show and tell! SHARE!

#2 8 years ago

Subtle but nevertheless a cool mod is the 3 shells. Thanks to member "Porkchop Express".

P1040135.JPGP1040135.JPG

#3 8 years ago

I lit up the kickout saucer on the left and had my handles redone by Chestnut.

2015-07-19_02-20-31.jpg2015-07-19_02-20-31.jpg

2015-07-19_02-20-47.jpg2015-07-19_02-20-47.jpg

You could also add some leds or strips behind the claw area shown here from spiroagnew's old DM

00-demo4.jpg00-demo4.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Got both the legs and handles powdercoated, LED's mounted in blue "Windows" just not hooked them up yet

A lit up kickout sourcer with a colorchanging LED could be cool!

Any other suggestions?

#5 8 years ago

Swear roms

#6 8 years ago

Demolition Man on Steroids software upgrade!

#7 8 years ago

^^^^^ How do you get this upgrade?

#8 8 years ago

Reach out to these guys - https://www.facebook.com/Pinnovating

They are the same guys to did the JM conversion to The Matrix and are currently working on Kill Bill. I can tell you first hand that the DMoS is totally worth the effort; custom sound tracks, clips from the movie on the dmd, deep and extremely fun/challenging code, great call outs from popular Stallone movies, etc.

#9 8 years ago

LEDs. Swear Roms are cool. REBUILD THE FLIPPERS!!! Mine is a different game since I did. Learn to lite the MTL lanes over and over for 5x bonus and extra ball.

1 year later
#10 7 years ago

Bumping, as I'm looking for more Demolition Mods, upgrades, and action in this thread. They seem hard to come by.

#11 7 years ago

not really a mod, but the target decals are cool here... mirror blades as well. get the handles done as mentioned earlier. pdi glass.
also get some colored sleeves in there... red, grey, light blue etc. small touches really do add to this game.
cool game, great flow. kinda sad i sold mine.

#12 7 years ago

Bright blue GI LEDS under all the ramps!

#13 7 years ago

I'm working on the brighter LED's right now, it had way too many white in there for my liking, but it didn't look bad either... That's why I put it off so long. But it's time for disassembly and deep cleaning of the upper play field at least. Currently, I have lighted flipper buttons, and no other mods.

I saw a Demolition Man at Allentown that had the small round rings around the trigger buttons up on top of the handles back lit and it looked great but I don't know who's game it was (yet, still hunting) or how they did it. But that's on my list.

Also considering mirror blades or some type of game blade, but didn't know which to get, I started a separate topic for that with a poll because I'd like to see some pics of them in games.

I already have cushioned target decals, but might swap them for a different set.

Attaching a pic of what I am starting with...

demolition-man-playfield-tall-under-glass (resized).jpgdemolition-man-playfield-tall-under-glass (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

The trough and back left areas look a bit dark. We can help light them up with our universal trough and backboard lights.

http://lermods.com/t/pinball-machine-led-strip-light-kits

#15 7 years ago

Here's my before and after. v1 to v2, it may be a little too extreme now, but I'm going to roll with this for a little while and maybe make a few adjustments. I can always flip it back easy enough. I was going for more pop in the color and a bit more evil of a look with the reds, but it does cause problems with the red & blue mixing so that's what I think I gotta balance out a bit better. Plus cameras tend to oversaturate pics, it's not as extreme and more clear and tolerable in person.

Not a very fun game to tear apart, but for all the ramps and wire forms, I was surprised how easy it came apart and went back together.

demo-man-before-after (resized).jpgdemo-man-before-after (resized).jpg

1 week later
#16 7 years ago

Got a bit better pic that shows the true color a bit better. It was really bothering me. Still not sure what I like better, the white look seems a bit cleaner but in person I think I like the colored version better. Still working it out a bit more and not done, this is more or less a trial run as I hone in on what I want.

demo-man-before-after (resized).jpgdemo-man-before-after (resized).jpg

9 months later
#17 6 years ago

gonna be buying some bulbs for my basket-case DM. What did you eventually settle on? I am thinking a mix of blue and white with blue up at the top fading into white midway for the rest.. yanno, that ice theme. Red looks good on the table too and I may include that as wireform lighting.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

mix of blue and white with blue up at the top fading into white midway for the rest.. yanno, that ice theme

Sounds like you need some Ice Blue LEDs from Comet! I think Demo Man and T2 were the machines they were thing of when developing it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/they-have-arrived-ice-blue-and-sunlight-leds-2-new-colors-by-comet-pinball

Comet Pinball Ice Blue (resized).pngComet Pinball Ice Blue (resized).png

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

gonna be buying some bulbs for my basket-case DM. What did you eventually settle on? I am thinking a mix of blue and white with blue up at the top fading into white midway for the rest.. yanno, that ice theme. Red looks good on the table too and I may include that as wireform lighting.

i had mostly this. mix of blue and white comets. 2835s everywhere. cool white at slings

4 years later
#20 2 years ago

Here’s a demoman translite. AMA

402FA607-9152-4145-8B8F-CB3E821E334B (resized).jpeg402FA607-9152-4145-8B8F-CB3E821E334B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 72.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-dm-modding-what-to-dobuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.