You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

non working row (resized).png
high power solenoids (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hello guys,

I have this demo man that is really turning me crazy.. it has different problems and some of them seems to be related to each other:

1) First one is the "ramp divertor is suck closed" error: the ramp divertor doesn't moves anymore during play (during test it works instead), wires are firmly soldered to the coil and it moves freely by hand. Tested the related driver transistor and it seems good (no leg shorting and values same to the others on board..).

2) All solenoids on high power circuit are weak ( this means ball popper, ball plunger, ball release etc). The divertor is on this circuit --> could this be related to problem 1? I've checked the test point with a multimeter and the 50 volts are present (65-66v points to be precise). Also on the coils there are 50 to 60 volts on each of the 2/3 solder pad. Checked fuses F105 Solenoid #1-#8 and F112 Solenoid Secondary, they are new and working. Checked all h.power solenoid wires and there are no loose cables.

high power solenoids (resized).pnghigh power solenoids (resized).png

3) Even with the coindoor open (and the message shown of "playfield high power disabled") the game is able to test/fire all coils. Checked the coindoor switch with switch edge test and it works.. how this can be possible?

4) Row 3 of insert lamps is non working. There is continuity beetween all the lamps of the row and also from them to the board. I have replaced the related Q88 transistor but the problem is still here.
non working row (resized).pngnon working row (resized).png

please help! I really don't know where to look anymore..it's getting frustrating..
I'm learning very much from pinside but it seems that everytime I repair something there is always something else that get broken.. (
Thank you very much for your advices and help!!

#2 6 years ago

Have you tried Pinwiki ?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Have you tried Pinwiki ?

I have read some advices there, there is something in particular that you suggest to focus on?

#4 6 years ago

Regarding the weak solenoids, I had a very similar problem on Fish Tales. You can read about it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-driver-board-causing-weak-coils#post-3169010. The problem was that BR3 had failed (shorted open) and the coils were only getting half power. To verify, check coil voltage under load or replace BR3 and see if this makes a difference.

For the lamp row problem, if the transistor is good, the next thing to check are the ICs controlling it. I also had a similar problem on Judge Dredd. Check it out here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamp-column-out-on-jd#post-3633894. Check the controlling IC with a logic probe or you can use a meter as I described in that thread.

Hope that helps!

1 month later
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Regarding the weak solenoids, I had a very similar problem on Fish Tales. You can read about it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-driver-board-causing-weak-coils#post-3169010. The problem was that BR3 had failed (shorted open) and the coils were only getting half power. To verify, check coil voltage under load or replace BR3 and see if this makes a difference.
For the lamp row problem, if the transistor is good, the next thing to check are the ICs controlling it. I also had a similar problem on Judge Dredd. Check it out here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lamp-column-out-on-jd#post-3633894. Check the controlling IC with a logic probe or you can use a meter as I described in that thread.
Hope that helps!

I'm back on demolition man after a couple of month of pause..sorry for my disappaerance.
Arolden, nice advices!

1) I will test/replace B3 that was never replaced altough i have replaced C8 (same h.p. solenoid circuit);
2) I never thaught IC could be related, but my problem is with a row, not column! Any advice on which chip/feet to check? Is it possible to test it even without a logic probe?

Thank you very much!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 81.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-diverter-solenoids-and-lamp-row-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.