(Topic ID: 281670)

Demolition man: Cryoclaw goes out of range on initial startup.

By kmcmorris

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kmcmorris
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kmcmorris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Thanks for all the other help. Here's the issue: When first powered up, Claw goes left until it hits wall, issue shows up in test, easily remedied in claw test, then works fine for rest of powered up usage. I've read everything I can on this, removed opto board, tested resistors and diodes, re-flowed solder, did same on motor control board. checked where connectors go to on CPU, noticed thy were plugged into J208 and 206, instead of J209 and 207, switched them, made no difference.
Everyone says look to optos for problem, but my question is; if it works fine after power up resetting done, then optos are working fine, no? something is shooting power to the claw motor on boot before the testing is done, or started for the matter.. this one baffles me.

#3 3 years ago

I will try that. somewhere in this forum someone had a link to them. Marco something. I was over at Steve Youngs the other day, but he doesnt have them.

#5 3 years ago

I just looked at marco specialties, they had the optos, and the whole board assembly. I opted for the whole board. leaves out any variables of incorrect opto. hopefully this solves the startup issue.

#6 3 years ago

OK, so the opto board showed up, and I installed it. initial startup did the same thing, claw off to left into the wall, settings, reset it, played a game or 2, then i shut the game off, gave it a few and restarted it, worked fine! no out of range issue, I restarted it a few more times during the evening, and all was well. BUT, this morning, i tried it again before heading to work. ISSUE IS BACK! So it seems on hot restarts its ok, but a cold start makes claw move instantly out of range, I mean, soon as the switch is turned on...
This has me real baffled. Motor control board? could it be a bad cap or transistor somewhere? I'm not sure where to go next with this.. throwing random parts doesnt seem to be the answer..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 81.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 85.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kmcmorris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-cryoclaw-goes-out-of-range-on-initial-startup?tu=kmcmorris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.