Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by GreenMachine19
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

94211E94-DE04-4EEA-953B-400573C6A776 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Hi all

I can’t seem to find this problem anywhere else so documenting it here in case someone down the track needs it - provided we find a solution of course.

Upon starting up my Demo Man Machine the Claw immediately moves to its right (towards the side of the cabinet past the Acmag drop point)

If the side of the cabinet wasn’t there to stop it I would say it would keep going.
Then I manually move the Claw back into its correct spot, reset the game and it plays fine then. I have the same problem next time I turn on the machine.

The steps I have taken are:
Had a tech look at the Claw Opto Board mounted on the inside of the base, all fine.
Replaced the plug that goes into the elevator board under the Playfield.
Replaced the standard roms for swear roms and this problem popped up at the time time though I don’t think it’s related.

Firstly has anyone else encountered this issue and what was the solution?

If not, does anyone have any ideas they can share? This is driving me nuts and GLM no longer supplying boards hasn’t helped

94211E94-DE04-4EEA-953B-400573C6A776 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2 1 year ago

I'm having the same motor issue on my TZ clock, which shares the DC Motor control board A-16120 with demo man. I've put the TZ board on it and it's giving me this issue too the claw keeps going on left and goes out of range. I think you have to look on this board, maybe/probably the little 100ufd cap has leaked just like on mine!

Anyway now i'm having issue in putting the claw back "in range".. the game won't move it on it's own neither in game nor in test.. I've always been told not to move manually motorized parts.. is there another safe way?

#3 1 year ago

I had a similar issue but not the same. Upon boot up the error for claw out of range would be on immediately. Claw would not move at all. During my resto I had failed to plug in the connector for the claw board. I plugged it back in and still claw out of range. I found one of the switch wires shorted to the light board. Lots of stuff crammed into this tight location. Were you doing anything to the game when this error occurred or did it just happen one day? If you were performing any kind of maintenance to the game you may have caused this condition. You may need to retrace your steps.

#4 1 year ago

i too had the same issue, ended up removing the ramps and the cryo claw housing (grey) and re-seating the opto board inside the housing, not many people know its there, but it is, it could also be a bad opto sensor on that board. hope this helps

#5 1 year ago

As it turns out it was the elevated board being faulty that affected the claw.
Replaced it with this https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-16120.html
It has buttons to move the claw left and right rather than having to do manually and solved the problem

#6 1 year ago

Glad you got it going again. Thanks for the update. I may have to snag one of these for the future.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Carteret, NJ
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside