Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by balboarules
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have newly found problems with my claw. Ive never gotten the claw out of range message. This is what I can figure out doing a switch test. Switch 74 Elevator hold works fine. What is switch 67 Elevator index? Cant find it. Also what are switches 25 and 26 Claw position 1 and 2? I see what I think are optos close to the motor similar to what works the flippers but am getting no response in a switch test. Am I missing the obvious?

#2 3 years ago

claw opto board probably needs replaced.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/dmcob.html

mine had similar issues, replaced it and all good now.

#3 3 years ago

How can I test the switches?? I need to test switch 67 as well if I can find it

#4 3 years ago

Nobody can give advice on how to test these switches?

#5 3 years ago

If the switch is an opto that's on the board Pinside Troll was talking about you have to get to the board & trigger it. If I'm not mistaken (probably am) the opto board is accessible from the very bottom of the machine. I'm sketchy on location because I just replaced that board also, but I hit it from the top while shopping the machine. Noticed it underneath after, but that may be the elevator board I was seeing.

#6 3 years ago

If you pull up the manual on IPDB.org it should tell you switch locations.

#7 3 years ago

In the test menu, go to claw test and the elevator index switch test is in there. Once in claw test you cycle through claw left, claw right, and elevator test. If I remember correctly, you get the index when the elevator is completely down. Just run the elevator and somewhere in the travel, you will see the switch trigger on the DMD like in switch test mode.

#8 3 years ago

How do I run the elevator in switch test mode?

#9 3 years ago

It's not in switch test, it's in claw test mode. Get there and when you run the elevator it tests the elevator switches and gives you the prompt on screen similar to switch test mode. You cannot run the elevator in switch test mode.

#10 3 years ago

Got ya thanks

#11 3 years ago

#67 works. Any way I can test that claw opto board??

#12 3 years ago

problem resolved. Looks like the connection wasn't 100%.

#13 3 years ago

Just for the record, you can test the claw opto's as well, option 16 is claw test, during that you can test the claw and the elevator, switch 25 and 26 are the 2 claw positions, 25 is left, 26 is right, the elevator. The elevator index is an opto board located on the bottom of the elevator shaft, the elevator hold are the two optos at the top of the elevator.

First thing you should always do when you get a demo man, is to get to and clean these 4 opto areas out, q tip and Windex is fine, a lot of dirt builds up in that area, and gets into the opto's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Mascouche, QC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 50.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 269.99
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fond Du Lac, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Saint Petersburg, FL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside