• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mbelofsky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2015-11-16-16-54-47.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbelofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am restoring a Demolition Man. Before I started the restoration, the game worked fine. The ball goes to the elevator and the claw magnet picks up the ball and moves it. In T4 Solenoid test #33 also works. But in Claw Test mode, the magnet does not work.

I just replaced the Claw Opto board to be on the safe side (cheap $32 fix). I ordered the latest Game Rom chip from John Wart. (Haven't received it yet.)

Is there a problem with the Claw test mode not being the latest game rom? I bought replacement coils for the magnet. Since I have the game apart, I guess it would not hurt to replace the coil.

I have read the other posts and will check continuity on the wires to ensure they are not broke. But with the Claw over the elevator, the magnet works in T4 test mode, but does not work in T14 Claw Test. (EDIT: I just tested continuity between the coil lugs and the connector in the back/bottom and both wires are fine.)

#3 8 years ago

Yes. Working in game mode is all that matters but strange not in testing the claw but testing the coil. And yes. I had the yellow thingy on the coin door buttons keeping the high power engaged.

With the game apart I just wanted to do anything I need before putting back together.

Thanks

#5 8 years ago

I just tested it again this evening and it worked. I must be going crazy since it has never worked using the above above test.

I just turned on the game with a ball in the elevator and the buttons pressed (or effectively the door closed). The Claw came to the elevator, captured the ball and dropped it off to the far left.

I went into claw test mode and put the ball back. I held in the button. The elevator lifted the ball. The claw came to the elevator and lifted the ball and dropped it to the left. So This is the first time it has worked in Claw test mode and I did nothing different.

Thanks for your help. I'll see if I can ever reproduce this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbelofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-claw-magnet-works-but-not-in-claw-test?tu=mbelofsky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.