• Latest reply 3 years ago by gregdole7
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6715 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hello all, thanks in advance for any help. I've had a demolition man machine for about 5 years, bought it as I grew up with one in my parent's house and loved it. Machine has been generally fine and performed well.

Today, my kids came up and told me it wouldn't work. Upon startup, the machine fires all of the balls one at a time and then won't begin a new game. Every now and then after startup, it will being a game, but game play is very odd--it continually fires balls, sometimes in succession, sometimes at random. During game play, flippers and bumpers all seem to work fine.

I do get the follow errors:

Check Switch 61, Side Ramp Enter
Check Switch 61, Side Ramp Exit
Check Switch F2, R. Flipper Button
Check Switch F4, L. Flipper Button
Claw Error, Arm out of range
Ramp Diverter is Stuck Closed

Video of the startup/balls firing here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5z2wtytgeg4zk7/IMG_6710%202.MOV?dl=0

I'm happy to try to trouble shoot this myself, also curious if anyone know of any great techs in Atlanta, GA area if this gets too far over my head.

#2 3 years ago

I'd start by checking the 20 volt fuse on the driver board. See if you lost opto power.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Thank you, just pull that fuse and check for 0 Ohms? Sorry for noob question. Also, I can pull both of these, but which are you referencing, 1 or 2 in my photo below?

IMG_6715 (resized).jpegIMG_6715 (resized).jpeg
#4 3 years ago

Also, a few other observations:

Claw does not move at all during tests. Claw Elevator works.

The ejector when you hit the ball by the computer works, but not during game play. When it "looks" for a lost ball, the ball is ejected without issue.

The game randomly fires balls during game play and randomly ends the ball/turn during game play.

There is a blinking LED light on the board with the AAA batters on it all the way on the left. All LEDs on the main board in the center (7 of them) are illuminated.

#5 3 years ago

Alright, tested all fuses (after googling) I could see (18 of them) and all appear fine.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from gregdole7:

Alright, tested all fuses (after googling) I could see (18 of them) and all appear fine.

Next up, please check the voltage test points on the driver board. See if any are low or missing. The 50V will be higher not under load.

#7 3 years ago

Not all your switch errors are related. You might check power to your ball trough boards too.

Ramp errors could be in need of adjusting, or broken wire at them or other switches of the same color. They'd have nothing to do with firing all the balls.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Next up, please check the voltage test points on the driver board. See if any are low or missing. The 50V will be higher not under load.

Can anyone point me to a “how to” on this?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from gregdole7:

Can anyone point me to a “how to” on this?

Youtube has lots of short videos on using your meter, how to check DC voltage.

The manual for your game can help you with what voltage and where.

On the driver board there are small metal studs sticking up labeled TP ( for Test Ppoint ) and a number like 5 ( for 5 volts ) or 50 ( for 50 volts ) one lead from your meter on ground and one lead on the test point.

#11 3 years ago

Thank you all.

TP 1: 12v tests at 14.5
TP 4: Not sure how to test ZC
TP 7: 20v, hits 18 when I first make contact, but it's back down to 1 quickly.
TP 8: 50v, totally dead

2 and 3 are at the number stated

LED 3, which the manuals says is normally off, is always on. Manual says this is "high/low line voltage sensor"

I removed and replaced the AAA batteries, which resulted in a return to factory settings. Game play is better, not random balls, and no firing of all balls upon startup. The ejector that wasn't working in game play is working now. Claw is not working. Didn't play a ton to discover any other anomalies, as there is obviously something that needs to be fixed.

#12 3 years ago

Tested the fuses again just to be sure, and they are all ok.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 72.95
$ 85.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-balls-constantly-launching-machine-unresponsive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.