Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dasmb
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Demolition_Man.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Well after a few months of looking, trying to buy, missing them on craigslist, attempting to trade, etc... I finally got a Demolition Man! I need to fix a pop bumper and there is a spot of minor playfield wear, but other than that it looks pretty nice.

Does anyone have a set of normal ROMs they don't need? If you send me those, I can send you back the profanity ones. I really don't need kids playing the game that say F---ing at the end when you don't match the numbers.

Thanks!

// Error: Image 54349 not found //

#2 7 years ago

Picture!

Demolition_Man.jpg

#3 7 years ago

I would be willing to swap normal for profanity roms. But you do know you can turn them off in the settings too.

Congrats on DM it's in my top 3 favorite games

#4 7 years ago

You can keep the profanity sound ROMs in the game.

In adjustment turn off adult mode.

If still not tame enough, get the normal game ROM and put it in. It won't know to call up the adult things.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out the settings. At first I thought, "did he just say what I thought he said?" Then I played it again and "oh, yes he did!"

#6 7 years ago

He says " Wonder if I can play the accordion too"
Not what you think he said

#7 7 years ago

Congrats! Nice looking game

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Not what you think he said []

Yes, but with the profanity roms Sly also chimes in with "Be F#%@_d" from time to time.

#9 7 years ago

I am pretty sure f----ing comes before accordion. Sly then says something followed by s---head. I am at the gym now. I am going to look into this and the pop bumper later.

The left bumper (aka jet) works in test but not in game. It won't work with a push of the finger either. I suspect either too large of a switch gap or a broken plunger.

I traded HS2 in case anyone was wondering.

Next for the chopping block is probably T2. I am looking at a NGG. Not a trade of course. It's more of a sell T2, add cash and buy NGG.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

The left bumper (aka jet) works in test but not in game. It won't work with a push of the finger either. I suspect either too large of a switch gap or a broken plunger.

Works in test ? Not a broken plunger.

Adjust it's switch better.

LTG : )

#11 7 years ago

Thanks Lyold. I am going straight to that when I get back to the machine. I hate the credit dot.

#12 7 years ago

I used get a credit dot after a while because I always used the handles so it trips the dot for not seeing the regular flipper buttons used. Make sure you hit them every few games, or hit the buttons on the handles if you do not use them.

Do you know when to hit the thumb buttons for the secret jackpots?

#13 7 years ago

Nope. I really don't know much about the game other than I love ramps and this game has about 51 of them.

#14 7 years ago

My fav is when Stallone calls out "REPLAY!"

#15 7 years ago

Hmm I haven't heard that yet on mine. I think my match percentage is set really low though. I have the profanity roms in mine and I turned vulgar speech off when my parents came by. I didn't turn off the match speech though. Wouldn't you know Wesley dropped the F-bomb on us.

#16 7 years ago

Nice pin bro!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Do you know when to hit the thumb buttons for the secret jackpots?

ASAP for different modes, anytime for a free jackpot during multiball.

#18 7 years ago

Copied from:
http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#662

When using the trigger buttons as flipper buttons, all Combos made gives an extra million to the bonus.

Pressing both thumb buttons on the handles...
...during Multiball awards the next Jackpot as Secret Jackpot.
...when getting "Big Points/1M" at the top lock awards an "Eat at Joe´s" animation and 5M.
...and triggers when getting "Big Points/1M" at the top lock awards "WAG" and 10M.
...right after Simon has been captured the third time awards a 10M Capture bonus.
...right after hitting the second Retina Scan awards a gruesome animation and a 10M Smithers bonus.
...right after getting the U-Look-Gr8-2Day awards a 10M Feel Great bonus.
...in AcMag mode awards an exploding cow and a free AcMag award.
...when draining through an outlane during "Capture Simon" mode before Simon is captured awards a "Simon Captured".
The 8th AcMag award is an exploding cow.

A cow can be seen on the rotating icon panel for the top lock´s mystery award.

Getting the ball up the left inlane and into the Retina Scan saucer awards a 10M Huxley bonus.

With a ball in the shooting lane, press the launcher button on the left handle 4-5 times. Lenina Huxley will now say "What I wouldn't give for some action!" This only works once per game.

When you enable any multiball there's a DO on the bottom left of the display and a HO on the bottom right.

When you shoot the Fortress multiball there's a DOHO in the display (on the right side in the hill).

#19 7 years ago

Congrats! We love ours. It's an underrated pin if you like flow and ramps. Looks great with LEDS also. If you go that route you will need ghost busters in the white targets, crane, acmag, and super jack. I used frosted in the rest.

If your coming to VA I'd be interested in that T2

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Not what you think he said

Sarge is correct. This line is taken directly from the movie. It does sound similar to f*****g and a couple people at WMS thought the same thing. I forget where the line is in the movie but if you watch it you'll hear it. "Wonder f*****g play the accordion too?" makes no sense...but I'm not sayin' everything I did made sense.

Dennis

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Sarge is correct. This line is taken directly from the movie. It does sound similar to f*****g and a couple people at WMS thought the same thing. I forget where the line is in the movie but if you watch it you'll hear it. "Wonder f*****g play the accordion too?" makes no sense...but I'm not sayin' everything I did made sense.
Dennis

Dennis,
I feel demo man was your best design ever
thanks
derek

#22 7 years ago

Thank you very much, Derek.

Dennis

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

If your coming to VA I'd be interested in that T2

Sorry that's a LONG trip. I did it once but probably won't again.

#24 7 years ago

Demo man is very good but WHITEWATER is a total Masterpiece second to none. Most original playfield and best theme and artwork ever. Great gamplay and so many satisfying shots. Dennis and gang did it on this game.

#25 7 years ago

I have a Whitewater at my place on loan right now, I tried to deny it before but it's my absolute favorite pin. Love the design and strategy needed to make the Vacation Jackpot, just one more game!

And I consider Demo Man my favorite "sleeper", suprised the hell out of me on how much I enjoy playing it.

#26 7 years ago

I've logged maybe 15 games now. It is quite a good pin. Slowly changing out some bulbs and correcting small issues. This is quite a good game... no wonder why the prices have slowly climbed from $1,500-$1,600 closer to $2,000.

#27 7 years ago

Thank you wolfy and Kryzsky, Whitewater and Demo Man are two of my favorite games I designed.

I'm glad you are enjoying it, Stack!

Dennis

#28 7 years ago

Love to see Dennis chime in...WOW. I do have to say DM gets a lot of love in my collection as well. Proof the wide bodies can have great flow.

#29 7 years ago

Everyone that comes over loves White Water and are surprised at how much fun and fast Indianapolis 500 is too!

I am planning to add a Demo Man back in my line up as I have reached that stage in collecting where I am revisiting games I sold in the past or did have for a long enough period of time. My reason for selling Demo Man after 11 months was to make space and had I known a month later I was turfing my pool table I would have never sold it!

#30 7 years ago

Just got mine a month or two ago. Even had the good fortune of getting Dennis to sign my translite at Pinball Expo last month. Thanks for the great game, Dennis. ...and the signature!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#31 7 years ago

looks nice, i almost got one and would have put it beside my T2 also

#32 7 years ago

I just watched this movie last week. Looks like a fun pin.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I just watched this movie last week.

I never saw the movie prior to purchasing the pin (a couple months ago). Watching it was kind of a surreal experience. My wife and I spent half the time laughing our heads off and the other half picking out sound clips from the pin! It's amazing how well themed the pin turned out. Very faithful to the movie.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

#34 7 years ago

Thank you, Ryan. I tried hard to make the game as much like the movie as I could. But, I have to say, I thought the movie was...um...well, it could have been better.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Thank you, Ryan. I tried hard to make the game as much like the movie as I could. But, I have to say, I thought the movie was...um...well, it could have been better.

Don't worry.Your pin is way better then the movie!
Love mine!!!

#36 7 years ago

Underrated movie. I still chuckle at the name "Lenina Huxley." Would love to play the pin someday.

#37 7 years ago

Love my Demo Man! Sitting right next to my Whitewater, been playing both quite a bit lately and can't imagine letting either go. Too much fun!

#38 7 years ago

The only thing missing is the Taco Bell. License cut I'm sure.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Copied from:
http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#662
When using the trigger buttons as flipper buttons, all Combos made gives an extra million to the bonus.
Pressing both thumb buttons on the handles...
...during Multiball awards the next Jackpot as Secret Jackpot.
...when getting "Big Points/1M" at the top lock awards an "Eat at Joe´s" animation and 5M.
...and triggers when getting "Big Points/1M" at the top lock awards "WAG" and 10M.
...right after Simon has been captured the third time awards a 10M Capture bonus.
...right after hitting the second Retina Scan awards a gruesome animation and a 10M Smithers bonus.
...right after getting the U-Look-Gr8-2Day awards a 10M Feel Great bonus.
...in AcMag mode awards an exploding cow and a free AcMag award.
...when draining through an outlane during "Capture Simon" mode before Simon is captured awards a "Simon Captured".
The 8th AcMag award is an exploding cow.
A cow can be seen on the rotating icon panel for the top lock´s mystery award.
Getting the ball up the left inlane and into the Retina Scan saucer awards a 10M Huxley bonus.
With a ball in the shooting lane, press the launcher button on the left handle 4-5 times. Lenina Huxley will now say "What I wouldn't give for some action!" This only works once per game.
When you enable any multiball there's a DO on the bottom left of the display and a HO on the bottom right.
When you shoot the Fortress multiball there's a DOHO in the display (on the right side in the hill).

Hmm, have had the game over a year and there's a couple here I didn't know about.

Great pickup! Probably my favorite game right now.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

The only thing missing is the Taco Bell. License cut I'm sure.

Mod opportunity spotted.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

Underrated movie. I still chuckle at the name "Lenina Huxley." Would love to play the pin someday.

So that's where the Huxley award comes from.

I gotta watch the movie again.

#42 7 years ago

Lenina Crowne is the name of the main female character in Aldous Huxley's "A Brave New World," which is an awesome book to read if you want to be depressed and angry for a while. Like 1984, it would make a horrible movie. I'd rather watch Demolition Man. Or Blade Runner. Or the first Total Recall. Or Sleeper.

#43 7 years ago

"Like 1984, it would make a horrible movie."

How about a 1984 pinball? Rat torture multiball - lock balls around a rotating metal mask, 10 min. Of hate hurry up, memory hole saucer, spell julia to start crazy sex multiball, at the end of the game big brother always wins, taunting you to play again - to depressing? I think it has some legs

#44 7 years ago

I think it could work as an EM. Deep ruleset would do it in. Knock down the parole targets to spell "D o u b l e t h i n k" and change the light saying whether you're at war with Oceania or Eastasia.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside