Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CollinT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

demolition_derby_pin.jpg.jpg
    demo_derby_2.jpg
    Demo_Derby_1.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I see something new in the pinball world just about once a month around here.

Demo_Derby_1.jpgDemo_Derby_1.jpg demo_derby_2.jpgdemo_derby_2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

One of the Wonder Wizard home model games from the 1970's.
    They show up on CL quite a bit (at least around here). Usually unbelievably overpriced for something that was an overpriced toy to begin with.

#4 10 years ago

Looks cooler than "The Pin".

#5 10 years ago

Sorry o-din. You should of typed. "What do you mean this isn't the new 'The Pin'."
    Irony or sarcasm I always use it. LOL

#6 10 years ago

if a company made home model pins like this today would people buy them? Market them as retro and lay them out like an em and keep the costs down

#7 10 years ago

Pre-zizzle.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Sorry o-din. You should of typed. "What do you mean this isn't the new 'The Pin'."

You can have my job for a while then, while I muster up some new material.

1 month later
    #9 10 years ago

If anyone has parts for that pin get ahold of me i want to fix mine

#10 10 years ago

Too bad W/B never did a theme like this.

#11 10 years ago

I have seen Demolition Derby, Flying Aces, and Star Explorer (I have the Star Expolorer), but I have never seen CB Charlie, or the Star Raid. Out of all of them, now that I have seen one, I think I like the CB Charlie the best! Wonder if the titles are more popular is certain areas, and accounts why I never saw the 2 titles.
    If anybody has a CB Charlie, and interested in a trade or sale, let me know.
    --Ed LI NY

#12 10 years ago

New?

not worth the $479 they are asking on ebay. IMO

Zizzle has more to offer. Even the Pin is better just a way different price point.

2 years later
    #13 8 years ago

A friend has one of these. Are they worth anything in good shape?

demolition_derby_pin.jpg.jpgdemolition_derby_pin.jpg.jpg

#14 8 years ago

If that's new to you you must not check Craigslist on the reg.

That and Star Explorer probably show up more than any other game.

they are worthless as far as I'm concerned. Maybe 50 bucks working.

#15 8 years ago

Well I think it should be considered "new" since there isn't an entry in the archive for it like there is for Star Explorer

#16 8 years ago

Thanks CL. No, I never check Craigs List. Never heard of this game. A girl from our Cigar Club was left the machine from her family. I was just trying to get some information for her. She's not looking to sell it. It has sentimental value.

#17 8 years ago

So far it looks like it was made either 1977 or 78. No idea how many were made...

#18 8 years ago

On Craigslist for a year now.. detroit.craigslist.org link

1 year later
    #19 6 years ago

I might be getting one of these for 25 bucks, not sure if it's even worth it. Looks cool, maybe i'll make a coffee table out of it or something.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-derby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.