(Topic ID: 202077)

Demographics of Pinside. Age / Gender / Race.

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Please select your category. Choose multiple options that describe you.”

• Male 18-35 67 votes
      12%
    • Male 36-54 191 votes
      35%
    • Male 55+ 36 votes
      7%
    • Female 18-35 7 votes
      1%
    • Female 36+ 6 votes
      1%
    • White / Caucasion 222 votes
      40%
    • Spanish / Latino 3 votes
      1%
    • Black / African American 9 votes
      2%
    • ALL Others / No offense not enough room to be PC 10 votes
      2%

(Multiple choice - 551 votes by 305 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault-1 (resized).jpg
    african+gele (resized).jpg
    steve (resized).png
    F37D5BFF-CBB4-4C20-8062-E7E7DD5F086F (resized).jpeg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Thought it would be interesting to know more about the people of Pinside that make up this great community. Please take a minute to fill out the Poll. This is like a pinside census.

Thank you.

#2 6 years ago

We've done this one before, over 50% are men over 50. Which is why Stern chooses a lot of the titles they do...

#3 6 years ago

This is gonna be a whole lot of old white men.

#4 6 years ago

Did you wanna know how old we act? Or how old we really are?

Because I think I'm 15 but my birth certificate and DL say otherwise. That's strange!

#5 6 years ago

Middle age white men will be over 80 %

#6 6 years ago

Wow! I didn't know that.

#7 6 years ago

For over 50 years, I thought my family history was British, Austrian.
    Turns out I'm a Bulgarian, Polish, Palestinian descent.
    Waiting on my Ancestry DNA results....

#8 6 years ago

I'm in the 18-35 range and ALL Others / No offense not enough room to be PC. From now on this is how I'm filling out all my paperwork.

#9 6 years ago

I guess we all (those of us over 50) were in the arcades of the seventies and eighties. I started playing Captain Fantastic on location when I was 11 in 1975.

#10 6 years ago

I'm 15 years old.

#11 6 years ago

I heard there was a guy on here named Otaku who was only 18. At least I believe I read where he posted that once or twice lol

#12 6 years ago

Well heck, I just turned 21, I've been convincing my friends to get into the hobby!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I heard there was a guy on here named otaku who was only 18. At least I believe I read where he posted that once or twice lol

Ya, with the social skills and common sense of a 10 year old...

#14 6 years ago

Great to see all you (Youngins) in the hobby!

#15 6 years ago

I personally am 35 but I do watch cartoons all day long so that had to count for something right lol.

#16 6 years ago

Just FYI for the statistically challenged the results are whacked because its the sum of all tallies as a denominator. not advisable to use any of the percentages unless you want to be very very wrong.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Well heck, I just turned 21, I've been convincing my friends to get into the hobby!

Dude, I just turned 21 too Been in the hobby since I was 12 haha

#18 6 years ago

Needs to be one poll for age, another for race, but personally the race thing doesn't interest me that much. The average age tends to be trending higher as the years pass, but not as fast as the years pass, if that makes any sense.

I was 37 when I got in the hobby, and I think I was about the average age at the time. My guess is the average age now is around 45, but I'm 54. So again, average age is going up, but not in real time.

Need a poll on age that is more like....
    20 and under
    21-24
    25-29
    30-34
    35-39
    40-44
    45-49
    50-54
    55-59
    60-64
    65-69
    70 and over.

Just a suggestion.

Terry.

#19 6 years ago

What about my two boys? 13 and 11. They spend their allowances on pinball. Couple nice pizzacades in Madison they enjoy. I have a feeling lots of gen x kids will grow up liking retro gaming- pins and arcades. This stuff is like Dino’s to them every time they bring friends over half of them are hooked. Finally it’s cool to be a arcade kid!!

#20 6 years ago

Trust me there were many other ways I wanted to structure this. However the Poll only allowed me to select 8 options. We will not be able to use the percentages but it will tell us the actual number of votes per group.

Hey I'm just Glad we finally got one African American on the board.

Typically they do not allow large number of all white groups to get together and talk.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Trust me there were many other ways I wanted to structure this. However the Poll only allowed me to select 8 options. We will not be able to use the percentages but it will tell us the actual number of votes per group.
    Hey I'm just Glad we finally got one African American on the board.
    Typically they do not allow large number of all white groups to get together and talk.

IBTL

#24 6 years ago

Ohh Geez!

#25 6 years ago

I am a meat popsicle.

#26 6 years ago

F37D5BFF-CBB4-4C20-8062-E7E7DD5F086F (resized).jpegF37D5BFF-CBB4-4C20-8062-E7E7DD5F086F (resized).jpeg

#27 6 years ago

Well this went downhill quick.

#28 6 years ago

Just a poll guys no bad intentions here! Calm Down.

As per the poll I'm leaning more on the younger side. Older people should remember when a joke was just a joke.
    Sad movies like Blazing Saddles will never be made again. Most people are to sensitive and cant look at things as just a joke and no ill intentions.steve (resized).pngsteve (resized).png

#29 6 years ago

The Jerk is one of the best comedies. Steve Martin sure did make some great movies. And some stinkers too... I'm looking at you BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE!

#30 6 years ago

Deleted....Changed my mind on post.....Maybe a little too far for our new PC environment. Nothing about Race...Just on Gender.

#31 6 years ago

Listen. Some people are blessed with the gift of good grammar. While others struggle to articulate their words. Or maybe it’s because we are quick to type and click enter and we do not care how uneducated we may sound. As long as people get the point.

#32 6 years ago

I never knew where I was from ethnically, so I sent my semen to Ancestry.com and found out I'm 26% Nigerian.

So then I put the gele on my head and I tried not to cry.

I know, it's just a hat, but it's the most important hat I've ever owned.

african+gele (resized).jpgafrican+gele (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I never knew where I was from ethnically, so I sent my semen to Ancestry.com and found out I'm 26% Nigerian.

AncestryDNA is a simple saliva test you can do in the comfort of your own home.

I'm just saying you should not have had any trace signs of semen in your test.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

AncestryDNA is a simple saliva test you can do in the comfort of your own home.
    I'm just saying you should not have had any trace signs of semen in your test.

Do you think it may have affected my results?

#35 6 years ago

Awesome well played.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

So then I put the gele on my head and I tried not to cry.
    I know, it's just a hat, but it's the most important hat I've ever owned.

Vid, you nailed it.

I see these commercials and roll my eyes every time. Using some parlor trick of a DNA test shouldn't change someones life at all.

Now their life is suddenly defined by a culture they know nothing about and have never even experienced before? How empty does a person's life have to be?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Vid, you nailed it.
    I see these commercials and roll my eyes every time. Using some parlor trick of a DNA test shouldn't change someones life at all.
    Now their life is suddenly defined by a culture they know nothing about and have never even experienced before? How empty does a person's life have to be?

Plus if you are less than 51% of anything and more than 51% of combined anything else then you are technically "Other"

I am 1/16 Cherokee but I sure as heck don't go around saying i am Native American and talking about my "Indian Heritage" LOL

#39 6 years ago

From this point forward we will name you Running Bear.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

From this point forward we will name you Running Bear.

Now that is AWESOME !!!

#41 6 years ago

my brother did the 23andme.. turns out we are like hyper white.. 97.8% northern european, 1.3% southern european, 0.8% misc european , and >80% percentile neanderthal.. so much for diversity. Also says we are likely to have wet ear wax.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

>80% percentile neanderthal

All my unibrow brothas...

#43 6 years ago

Remember these commercials? They were pulled down because it was not PC enough for to today's society.

hqdefault-1 (resized).jpghqdefault-1 (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago

Yeah, I thought they were hilarious..... you sure that's why they stopped the theme though? Heh.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Do you think it may have affected my results?

Nm....any additional comments will only banish thread to the basement

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Remember these commercials? They were pulled down because it was not PC enough for to today's society.

They ran for like 15 years and were cancelled because everybody was sick of them.

Are you really THAT eager to be offended by people being offended that you have to make stupid shit up?

#47 6 years ago

They were still running those commercials this year. The last one I remember was Jacob deGrom. It ran on mlb network into this season.

#48 6 years ago

Crazy Levi. Google it my friend. There were many groups that said this is considered racist and sexist. Not my beliefs but there are alot of people that get offended by the smallest thing. And then there are people who just look to bitch about everything. Trust me I got better shit to do then make this up.

Stop looking for an argument. Or better yet looking for something to bitch about.

#49 6 years ago

Where's @pezpunk? Normally he's all over these discussions.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Where's pezpunk? Normally he's all over these discussions.

As much as I dislike the guy, usually when it's stuff like that, he's probably got a point. There's no point to be had here. If there had been much outrage over those ads, it'd be all over google, and certainly Wikipedia, and it's just not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEICO_Cavemen

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demographics-of-pinside-age-gender-race?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.