• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24786-i-533.jpg
IMG_0916.JPG

#1 10 years ago

IMG_0916.JPGIMG_0916.JPGIMG_0916.JPGIMG_0916.JPGIMG_0916.JPGIMG_0916.JPGSee the 2 1/2 inch hex head extension on top of the far lane guide in the first pic. I am wondering if it is original or just and "add on" to support the right upper plastic ramp. See where Black rose has his in the second pic. 24786-i-533.jpg24786-i-533.jpg
The hex extension has nothing on top of it (like rubber)and the ramp has no "natural looking" spot to attach it whether I put it were mine was before I took it apart(1st pic) or where BR has his on the lower hole of the third from the right lane guide.
The operations manual does not list a 2 1/2inch hex extension under its list of posts, nor does it provide a diagram of where each post goes on the play field like it does for rubbers and lamps/flashers.

#2 10 years ago

That hex extension belongs on the lower left lane guide, not upper right one.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Thanks, the lower left of which of the 4 lane guides? The one furthest to the left?

#4 10 years ago

I bought about 25 LEDs, an assortment of 44s and 555s, Before I put the ramps and plastics back on are there any particular lamps you can think of I should put LEDs in now because they would be a PIA to replace from under the Playfield?

#5 10 years ago

Ha, I was just looking at that same hex extension thingy this evening on my DM. I also thought it was kind of odd that it just sat under the ramp with an open screw hole on top, but mine looks exactly like the pic you have from BR. Lower hole, third from right, nothing screwed into top.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Ha, I was just looking at that same hex extension thingy this evening on my DM. I also thought it was kind of odd that it just sat under the ramp with an open screw hole on top, but mine looks exactly like the pic you have from BR. Lower hole, third from right, nothing screwed into top.

Do you think it is an a "mod " for ramp support?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Jwjsr:

Do you think it is an a "mod " for ramp support?

I don't think it is a "mod" since your machine, my machine, and BR's all have it. It makes sense to have it there. The plastic ramp and wireform meet up near there, and there is no other support in that area beyond the hex extension. When the ball really whips around that turn the ramp can dip a little. The hex stops it from going too far I'm guessing. Plus LTG says it belongs there. His word is law.

#8 10 years ago

I just found another one on YouTube with it where yours is. I was not clear on LTG's answer because there is a fourth lane guide to the left of this one. I am just starting to put all the ramps back on after a clean and wax. Trying to make sure i don't miss something that will cause me to have to take the ramps back off

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Jwjsr:

Thanks, the lower left of which of the 4 lane guides? The one furthest to the left?

I'm sorry for the confusion. The one to the right of the furthest one on the left.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry for the confusion. The one to the right of the furthest one on the left.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wheaton-glenmont, MD

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-playfield-layout-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.