IMG_1293.JPG
IMG_1292.JPG
IMAG1153.jpg
IMAG1224.jpg
IMAG1168.jpg
2012-07-26_07.42.10.jpg
2012-07-27_13.36.18.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Full LED Kit (CT Super and PBL 4 LED in inserts, CT Frosted and PBL 3 LED in GI) and Under Cab Flasher Kit.. Chrome Kit... External Sub.. I've had a few good games in the past but was pleasantly surprised by DM.. I think I like it better than some of the $4K games I've had...

Added White flashers one tied to left ramp, one to right and one to center ramp on the back of the back box and on top.

Overkill.. yes.. but this game seems fit for LED and a bit of 90's action movie overkill

2012-07-27_13.36.18.jpg2012-07-27_13.36.18.jpg 20120805_074935.jpg20120805_074935.jpg 2012-07-26_07.42.10.jpg2012-07-26_07.42.10.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Love my DM too. Great flow, fun multiball. Had my games folded up for about 6 months while I was working on my basement and I've been playing this one the most.

Agree that the game was made for LED's

#3 11 years ago

Love mine! Just ordered a custom topper to can't wait.

IMAG1168.jpgIMAG1168.jpg IMAG1224.jpgIMAG1224.jpg IMAG1153.jpgIMAG1153.jpg

#4 11 years ago

A friend recommended DM to me as my first pin and I love it. Which LED kit did you buy? I'm debating upgrades myself but I don't want to go too overboard being this is my first pin. How bout posting some playfield video.

Do you have any shop tips for cleaning? I need to completely tear mine down and find where I keep grabbing dirt. I suspect my underneath tunnels are the culprits. I wish I could find another pin to buy before tear down though.

#5 11 years ago

Demolition Man is an awesome game with great flow. I hope to own it (again) some day when I have more room. I agree it looks stunning with LEDs, really shines with all the wireform ramps and futuristic theming.

It doesn't hurt I unashamedly love the movie. Slick 90s action with great comedic and satiric aspects.

#6 11 years ago

I've had 2 Demo Mans in the past, but have traded both away, not sure why , especially since I really like the movie!!

I'd like to find another one, but the prices have gone up a lot on it since I last had one, not sure I can stomach the increase. Would definitely do some LED's on it, but not a fan of the total conversion, to each his own!

#7 11 years ago

I love my DM but I like widebody pins. Have not put in any LED's, maybe one day.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Full LED Kit and Under Cab Flasher Kit.. Chrome Kit... External Sub.. I've had a few good games in the past but was pleasantly surprised by DM.. I think I like it better than some of the $4K games I've had...
I'm waiting for some white LED strips to tie into the left and right ramp flasher for behind the backbox...

How aggressive is the external sub? The sound samples in that game lack all bass. Only deep sound clips come from super pops. I hardly noticed when I hooked up my sub.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

A friend recommended DM to me as my first pin and I love it. Which LED kit did you buy? I'm debating upgrades myself but I don't want to go too overboard being this is my first pin. How bout posting some playfield video.

Do you have any shop tips for cleaning? I need to completely tear mine down and find where I keep grabbing dirt. I suspect my underneath tunnels are the culprits. I wish I could find another pin to buy before tear down though.

Cost wise... DM is awesome.. can get a good gone for under $2K.

LED's I bought were from Cointaker because I didnt want to count what I needed, so for ease of use I just bought a kit.

There are a bunch of flashers.. thats where the cost is.. GI and Playfield aren't bad on $ and you could go with Pinball Life to save $$ too.

No shop tips to think of... other than its appears more daunting to remove the mess of ramps and the underground tunnel than it is. So go for it and you'll be done in no time

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How aggressive is the external sub? The sound samples in that game lack all bass. Only deep sound clips come from super pops. I hardly noticed when I hooked up my sub.

Only on certain samples, ie. Super Jets, ball launch and a few others is it quite noticeable, overall though I agree, its not like when I had it one on my Iron Man

#11 11 years ago

I'm thinking of doing mirror blades in mine. Plenty of space between cab and playfield.

#12 11 years ago

I'm thinking of doing mirror blades in mine. Plenty of space between cab and playfield.

Chrome Mirror blades look really good on it, especially if you re-chrome plate the gun handles:

IMG_1292.JPGIMG_1292.JPG IMG_1293.JPGIMG_1293.JPG

#13 11 years ago

I LOVE the undercabinet LED flashers. During development in the whitewood stage I put a strobe light under the cabinet to enhance the explosions. It looked great in your peripherial vision. One day while working on the game in Ted's office, I accidently touched it and got a nasty jolt. To my disappointment, it was left out for cost reasons.

#14 11 years ago

Cool thing when your mod gets a +1 from the game's designer. Good work Stevedave and thanks for stopping by, Dennis.

#15 11 years ago

I have a couple sets of under multi-color RBG cabinet flashers...

PM me if you are interested.

#16 11 years ago

I am in the same boat...DM is a great game for them money.
I chromed or polished out the SS to mirror all around.

Only thing I would add to you list is Chrome flipper bats from PBLife.

#17 11 years ago

Thats not over kill, that's the way its supposed to be. Nice job! Thanks for the vid and pics

#18 11 years ago

Only thing I would add to you list is Chrome flipper bats from PBLife.

+1
I have the chrome flippers and buttons on mine. I think they fit the theme and art package really well. The LEDs seem way too bright in the picture, but look good in person. LEDs just don't photograph that well.

IMG_1395.JPGIMG_1395.JPG

#19 11 years ago

Demo Man was my very first pin and will always hold a very special place for me. I wish I had never sold mine but I needed the space for another game I had on my wish list. Ironically it was for another Nordman gem in my opinion, Indianapolis 500. I missed out on buying Brock's DM a few weeks ago and hope another one pops up for sale. I will definitely re-chrome or plate the top handles and probably will put LEDs since it seems to suit and look great in the game.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Demo Man was my very first pin and will always hold a very special place for me. I wish I had never sold mine but I needed the space for another game I had on my wish list. Ironically it was for another Nordman gem in my opinion, Indianapolis 500. I missed out on buying Brock's DM a few weeks ago and hope another one pops up for sale. I will definitely re-chrome or plate the top handles and probably will put LEDs since it seems to suit and look great in the game.

I'm becoming more and more of a nordman fan. Picked up a pirates and a white water the last two weeks and am planning to grab an Indy 500 as soon as my second level is completed. All his games see unique to each other. He doesn't have a style which makes him that much more amazing to me.

#21 11 years ago

added flashers to the backbox

#22 11 years ago

OP - regular brightness or the super brights?

I started my own thread shopping my DM and am curious of which you used. I am guessing the super brights right?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

OP - regular brightness or the super brights?

I started my own thread shopping my DM and am curious of which you used. I am guessing the super brights right?

Cointaker Supers and Pinball Life 4 LED in the inserts

Cointaker Frosted and Pinball Life 3 LED in the GI

Cointaker Supers in the back glass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-overkill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.