New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 49145)

Demo Man or HS2 Getaway?

By MnHotRod

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BALL_LESS1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Struggling to decide which one to buy. If you had opportunity to buy both of them, but could only choose one, which one would it be? Both are in great shape. Demo man may be a little nicer. Price is the same on both. Help me pick one.

#2 7 years ago

You win with either pick! Either one is a really good choice. I would have to choose HS2 if I had to, but that might be cause I dont have that one!

#3 7 years ago

Getaway, by a fair margin. I've had the opportunity to pick up a few Demo Mans (Demo Men?) in the $1500 range, but have always had other games come up; It's a decent game, but nothing special.

For me, Getaway is an A+ quality pin that only hasn't skyrocketed in price because of the large production numbers. I was thrilled to pick one up recently, and won't be selling it unless it's to make room for a nicer example of the game.

I would say Getaway is also generally worth around $300-500 more than a comparable Demo Man.

#4 7 years ago

You've got a nice collection I reckon HS2. It's very shallow compared to DM but you're not looking for depth considering your collection has a lot of depth already.

#5 7 years ago

Either with a very slight edge to HS2.

#6 7 years ago

Are they local or do you have to ship them?

#7 7 years ago

I personally like DM. I never cared for HS2. I like the selection of shots on DM and the general theme more.

#8 7 years ago

HS2 for me ... I will alway's Buy Either if I'm W/ out either .. My Current HS2 is a Keeper ..

I bought a Very Nice DM today ... It's in the Market Place ..

#9 7 years ago

HS2 still here...... DM gone,

1 month later
#10 7 years ago

I seem to be in the minority, but having both, I can't wait to get rid of HS2. Just has no depth to it whatsoever, whereas if you disable the claw in DM it changes the gameplay so much it's like a new game.

#11 7 years ago

Never cared for DM, have and like hs2. Shallow, but a very fun game that I keep going back to.

#12 7 years ago

Both good games, but DM really has surprised me with how much play it gets at my house. I'll say DM.

#13 7 years ago

The original HS is better in my opinion and DM is better than Getaway too. (IMO)

#14 7 years ago

HS2... no question

#15 7 years ago

Easy. Getaway hands down. Although DM has more ramps, it's cheesy, a pain to shop, and very easy. Gets boring real quick. Hs2 has great music, a fast pf, and an awesome theme.

#16 7 years ago

HS2 by a mile !! But I Dig DM also ... I Ship'd 3 of my 6 Police LED Flasher Kit's to HS2 member's today .. You can mount the Flasher's All on Top or on the Side , That is if you have a 2 or 4 Flasher Kit .. At 5:58 in the 2nd video , I have 6 Flasher's installed .. I Like the Light mod !!

If anyone is interested in a HS2 Police Flasher mod ,, PM me ......

#17 7 years ago

HS2.

#18 7 years ago

HS2 is one of my favorite pins. Ever. Only played DM once. So can't really compare. But I know you can't go wrong with the getaway! SUPER JACKPOT!

Mike

#19 7 years ago

HS2 but only by a little bit, either will be a winner. HS2 is more exciting IMO but DM is a lot deeper...both are great games.

#20 7 years ago

I own both of them. As lots of folks are saying, they are both good games. So this comes down to preference. I find them to be similar, both bashers. Just great pinball fun. No huge quest in either, just a bucket of fun. Super Jackpot in HS2, Demolition Jackpot in DM. Good stuff!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I own both of them. As lots of folks are saying, they are both good games. So this comes down to preference. I find them to be similar, both bashers. Just great pinball fun. No huge quest in either, just a bucket of fun. Super Jackpot in HS2, Demolition Jackpot in DM. Good stuff!

You Nailed it bro Just Dam Pinball FUN ! I Will say I've Never scored the 100Mil on
Red Line Mania , but I hope to 1-day .. Kick Azz Pin ...

#23 7 years ago

I like HS2 better than DM, but not by much

#24 7 years ago

HS2 is a classic but DM is fun with many more shots and stuff in the game. Also DM usually is a fast pin.

3 weeks later
#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

HS2 is a classic but DM is fun with many more shots and stuff in the game. Also DM usually is a fast pin.

HS2 is as fast as any machine I know

Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Easy. Getaway hands down. Although DM has more ramps, it's cheesy, a pain to shop, and very easy. Gets boring real quick. Hs2 has great music, a fast pf, and an awesome theme.

Choosing quality of game by how easy it is to shop. Should really get a few EM machines then

#26 7 years ago

IMO buy the first HS over Getaway. DM is a great game though..

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

You win with either pick! Either one is a really good choice. I would have to choose HS2 if I had to, but that might be cause I dont have that one!

my answer exactly...you win! slight edge to HS2

#29 7 years ago

I've owned both. Slight edge to DM.

#30 7 years ago

I like HS2 a little more, even though it's a little simpler. I love to get the ball whipping around the loops to try to max out the Freeway multiplier, and I love reaching down and grabbing a gear when it's time to shift. There's no other pinball machines that make you shift, and that little unique trick of unhanding the flipper button, while you reach down to time your shift, just does something for me.

#31 7 years ago

HS2? It is a little bit shallow, but just fun! You have deeper games already, so HS2 would fit in nicely.
If you can try both and then decide go play them both tomorrow! It is like going on dates with two good looking chicks and you get to pick one. To good looking pins to pick from.

#32 7 years ago

HSII! You have to give a little edge to ZZTop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside