• Latest reply 3 years ago by joekiss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200817_224457 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

just had to replace a resistor on my demo man CPU. replaced R22 and seemed to work fine. Put it all back together and switches 15 16 17 and 18 as well as 62 arent working. How can random switches be out? switch 11 12 13 and 14 work fine as do 42 52 and 82. How can random switches not work?

as always...thanks in advance.

#2 3 years ago
IMG_20200817_224457 (resized).jpgIMG_20200817_224457 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

15 through 18 are all on the same column so I'd suspect a broken wire somewhere on the Green - Brown wire. Check each switch in that column from one to the next and remember that they aren't necessarily wired in the same order they are in the matrix. Look for a wire that may still be attached by the insulation but the copper is broken and if you're good with a meter you may just want to buzz them each jump. 62 is almost certainly an outlier and unrelated to the others, test the switch and diode with a meter and check all the wires going to it back to the next connection. Those mini-switches can be iffy when they get old and well worn.

#5 3 years ago

I assumed with a column it was all or nothing. I'll check the wire

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I assumed with a column it was all or nothing. I'll check the wire

No, all switches in the same column or row will have a common wire that is daisy-chained from one to the next and broken wires are the most common failures. Especially those switches in the in/out lanes that are near the flipper and sling mechs which create a lot of vibration.

#7 3 years ago

Pushed J207 pin 1 in one the CPU and started working. How could half of the switches work and half not if the pin wasn't making a connection? Anyway switch 11-14 are working. I'm suspect of the physical switch on 62. Thanks for the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
$ 40.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 81.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-odd-switch-problem- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.