Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by coincms
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 51 days ago

please help, i have a demo man i recently purchased. i was trying to do preventative maint. and replaced the large caps on the power driver board. reflowed solder to all the power going in. i placed the board back in and got a horizontal line in the display and missing some of the lower voltages. i sent that board in for repair and ordered a new rotten dog wpc89 board and installed it. i replaced all ribbon cables before installing new board and now i still have horizontal line and auto plunger activates as soon as it turned on.the balls do not come out but will make firing sound and all other solenoids will ball search. looking for ideas. all voltages are lit on new board, removed all ribbon cables and still same issue. please help.

#2 51 days ago

All connectors in right spots ? Facing the right direction ? Ribbon cable red stripe pin one each end ? Not off by a row ?

LTG : )

#3 50 days ago

ok reseated all connections got the display back, but the auto plunger stays on when i turn power on, thinking possible bad transistor. going to dig into it a little more. thank you for the help

#4 50 days ago

also when powering down sounds like a cap is de energizing over the speakers, not sure if that has anything to do with the new board, it didnt do it before.

#5 50 days ago

Double check all your connectors. If the solenoid connector is off by one pin it can lock up a coil or flasher.

#6 50 days ago

will check , and let you know what i find out.thank you

#7 49 days ago

ok now on to the next issue, i replaced the transistor that drives the auto plunger because it was shorted, turned game back on pressed the start button it fired the first ball the plunger stuck and the machine shut down. i replaced the solenoid, the old one read 3 ohms new one read 4ohms. figured i would start there. i havent checked the transistor yet but my guess is it shorted out again. where else should i look?what else could be shorting it out and taking out the transistor?are there pre drivers on the cpu board i should look at?if i disconnect the power wire to the auto plunger solenoid the game works great. any helpful ideas would be great

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plainfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Mascouche, QC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Goffstown, NH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
3,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PinSound
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 47.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside