(Topic ID: 151643)

Demo Man no pop bumpers

By bankmansam

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

The game is fairly new to me. The pop bumper work from the test menu, but not from the play field. So far I have for signal at the switch then follow bad to pwb j and i have a switching signal their also. what now? Is the problem at the pwb J ? Thanks Chris

#2 8 years ago

Do they fire at all manually? There is an adjustment that can be made underneath. It's probably not making good contact. There is a little spoon underneath that can be cleaned also.

#3 8 years ago

Go into switch test and see if the pop bumper switches are registering. If none of them are working I would check for a broken wire. Right and left pop bumpers are both in column 4 (grn-yel wire). The wire can also be broken at the switch prior to the pop bumpers.

#4 8 years ago

Yes they fire from the test menu. I did the edge test and they do not register. I have already checked for a broken wire at the board it is good. I checked the resistance from green and yellow wire to the white and orange at the main board and you can see it trip so i think that rules out a broken wire. What do i do next? Thanks Chris

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

I have already checked for a broken wire at the board it is good.

You need to check for a broken wire under the playfield around the pops.

#6 8 years ago

Sounds like you just need to clean the contacts and adjust the switch. There is a white plastic spoon that needs to be centers on the stinger that come down from the pop bumpers.
Assuming there aren't any broken wires.
To clean contacts use a business card. Pinch the card between the contacts and pull the card out. (Do this with the machine off)
Upload pics if u need to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-no-pop-bumpers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.