• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hey all

All of a sudden my Demo Man elevator started running really slow. It starts out ok....struggles about half way up then comes down ok. What could this be? Motor? Any help is appreciated

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

I'd certainly get in there and see if anything is binding or due for a good cleaning.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

bump for morning people

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Xanathar:

bump for morning people

I would do what LTG says, all the time, everytime! You're not going to get much better advice than LTG, he knows all. It's scary...

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

I would do what LTG says, all the time, everytime! You're not going to get much better advice than LTG, he knows all. It's scary...

I kind of figured I needed to check stuff already, was just hoping for a little more explanation as to what exactly could need cleaned or what part of the elvator usually binds. Guess I just need to take it apart. Never done it before so we will see what I get. I'll either break it more or fix it.

Thanks

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Xanathar:

Rick471 said:I would do what LTG says, all the time, everytime! You're not going to get much better advice than LTG, he knows all. It's scary...
I kind of figured I needed to check stuff already, was just hoping for a little more explanation as to what exactly could need cleaned or what part of the elvator usually binds. Guess I just need to take it apart. Never done it before so we will see what I get. I'll either break it more or fix it.
Thanks

Wow, not to be rude but then ask that. Saying "bump" after someone gives you a suggestion looks extremely rude and disrespectful. The person takes his time to answer you only to be ignored with "bump". If someone did that to me, they would join BVM on my permanent "do not help" list.

The reason why no one else is answering is because LTG already answered. If you go to ipdb, you can download the manual in PDF format. There you will find the break out of that lift mechanism. That should help you take it apart and clean it or inspect it for binding. It could be something rubbing on it or guck from being old or even guck from the previous owner trying to lubricate it. If you can lift the playfield and manually run the carriage you may see what's wrong. In my opinion, it's unlikely to be the motor. Probably something interfering with the motion.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Wow, not to be rude but then ask that. Saying "bump" after someone gives you a suggestion looks extremely rude and disrespectful. The person takes his time to answer you only to be ignored with "bump". If someone did that to me, they would join BVM on my permanent "do not help" list.

I apologize. I did not mean any disrespect by it. I just wanted to make sure someone else got to read my post, and it didn't get lost in the mass shuffle of post where no one looks.

Again I apologize. Meant no disrespect or to be rude

#8 11 years ago

My Elevator was Do-n the Same thing .. I sprayed some Silicon Lubricant on the Mechanism ,, Work's great now !!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd certainly get in there and see if anything is binding or due for a good cleaning

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

My Elevator was Do-n the Same thing .. I sprayed some Silicon Lubricant on the Mechanism ,, Work's great now !!

That sounds like a good idea as well. I will try to clean it like LTG suggested, then lube it like
B_R said to do.....Is it me or does that statement sound a bit.....Dirty....

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Xanathar:

LTG said:I'd certainly get in there and see if anything is binding or due for a good cleaning
BLACK_ROSE said:My Elevator was Do-n the Same thing .. I sprayed some Silicon Lubricant on the Mechanism ,, Work's great now !!
That sounds like a good idea as well. I will try to clean it like LTG suggested, then lube it like
B_R said to do.....Is it me or does that statement sound a bit.....Dirty....

I would clean it but not lube it. Most pinball parts were not meant to be lubed and doing so will cause it to gunk up in the future. It may be lube from previous owner that's causing your current problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 72.95
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-elevator-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.