You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4337 (resized).JPG
IMG_5310 (resized).JPG
IMG_5281 (resized).JPG
IMG_5316 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomh52722.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I am going to buy a color dmd for my demo man. I have read quite a bit about whether to buy LED versus LCD and everything seems to point to it being a matter of preference, but that LCD makes more sense for some specific games and LED makes more sense for others. Would appreciate it if someone who has installed a color dmd in their demo man could let me know which they picked and why. Thanks

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice. At this point, I'm leaning towards LED. Does anyone have a demo man with a color DMD that can share their opinion as well? I know that there was a really nice one at the Ohio show this weekend, but not sure whether it was LED or LCD.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks everyone. I got impatient and ordered an led today before seeing the last two responses. Thanks for your advice though and either way I think I will be happy with my first dmd!

#9 7 years ago

Ok changed my mind after some additional advice and was able to change my order to the LCD instead. Just installed it and love it! If anyone has any advice on changing to a particular setting, please let me know. I am happy as is, but I will mess around with the settings more after I play it a lot tonight. Thanks again.

IMG_4337 (resized).JPGIMG_4337 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

LCD is my preference, with contrast at 4. Backlight is up to you. I usually have it at 5. Tile or Dots XL are my favorite modes.

Thanks for the advice. Mind is now set to your exact settings, with dotsxl. I might try some other settings to check them out, but think it looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 81.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 72.95
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomh52722.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-color-dmd-lcd-or-led?tu=tomh52722 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.