10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by WOLF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider conester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Ok, fixed the flipper opto board problem....now on to the next issue (aren't pinball machines fun!)

When I hit the ball launch button, the right flipper flips. If I continue to play the game the right flipper fuse 901 on the fliptronics board eventually blows. I tested the switches in switch edge test and they are fine. Also tested the flippers in solenoid test and they are fine. I thought I figured it out when I found a flipper diode that was bad on the right coil, but after I replaced the coil, it is still doing it. Any ideas? I checked all the switches in that column with the launch button switch and they all look ok...nothing grounded. So what do ya think.....besides throw the Demo Man out the window....which I'm almost ready to do!! hahaha!!!

Thanks!!

Brian

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

Do you have a GLM replacement flipper board (w/ the magnet) on the right flipper?
I had a similar issue w/ my JD...the magnet was interfering w/ the coil...every time the coil fired it would cause the flipper to fire as well...if that's the case, try flipping the magnet over & see if it still happens.

You are right on the money!!! I JUST figured this out about 20 minutes ago! I hooked the old flipper optic board up and had no issues with the flipper flipping while hitting the launch button. Swapped out the GLM board for another one and it worked ok, then the launch button started making the flipper flip again.....moved the magnet a little bit away from the launch coil and BINGO! No more flipper activating! Good call!! Glad to see even if I didn't figure it out, I would have after reading this! Thanks for the reply!!!

P.S. The cause of the 901 fuse blowing was due to a bad flipper diode. Unrelated to this problem, but it looked like it was since it was happening to the right flipper.

I hope that's the last problem I need to fix with this thing!!!

Thanks!!
Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider conester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-ball-launch-causes-right-flipper-to-flip?tu=conester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.