IMG_0022 (resized).JPG
IMG_0021 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0005 (resized).JPG
IMG_7836 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

Hi,

I would like to know if there is demand for a Sorcerer playfield. If you are interested please let me know.

I would also need a good playfield to scan. As there is no original Art left it must not have bigger wear areas. It would be still same deal I would cover all shipping costs and you would get a free new one in return.

Also the plastic set would be interesting as I would do the combo with unbreakable plastics and playfields with same colors.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Mirco

#2 5 years ago

I'm in and would be interested in providing an original. I'll get you some photos tomorrow.

#3 5 years ago

Looks like CPR is close to doing this title. I'd be all in for one, but would feel bad jumping ship being that i'm on the pre order list there. That is if they haven't lost my email. I have the whole game minus the playfield waiting for this to happen. Make it so MIRCO!

#4 5 years ago

I already have plastics I got from Planetary a few years ago. He did a run of them. I know people are looking for them though.

#5 5 years ago

I'd love to get one but for the price difference I'll wait for CPR.

#6 5 years ago

I am in for one!

#7 5 years ago

You Mirco and CPR really need to work out who is going to do which playfields instead of trying to snag everything from CPR. Theres enough to go around....

#8 5 years ago

#9 5 years ago

so mirco is trying to screw over CPR Again! First it was Addams Family, then Joust, then Banzai Run, and now Sorcerer.....this is bullshit. There are so many titles that mirco could do that the community has asked for that CPR never approached, why does mirco have to keep trumping them with his InkJet version vs the superior CPR Silk-Screen version?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

You Mirco and CPR really need to work out who is going to do which playfields instead of trying to snag everything from CPR. Theres enough to go around....

Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

so mirco is trying to screw over CPR Again! First it was Addams Family, then Joust, then Banzai Run, and now Sorcerer.....this is bullshit. There are so many titles that mirco could do that the community has asked for that CPR never approached, why does mirco have to keep trumping them with his InkJet version vs the superior CPR Silk-Screen version?

How about CPR actually put the product out? I'm tired of people sticking up for these guys. Shit or get off the pot CPR. Sorcerer has been on the interest list for literally many, many years now. I should know as soon as it appeared I put my name on the wait list.

#11 5 years ago

I am not and never will be in any kind of relationship with CPR. I do not and will never care what titles they are doing. There is no reason why I should care about that. As long as the licence is available for me I do whatever title is needed. If there is demand I do it.

There is no reason why i should care about any title which i on a preorder list for years. Nobody knows how many more years it will take till they finally run the board.

As I have all equipment in house and have high capacities and short lead times I can do many titles in short time.

This is all i have to say to that topic and will be my last reply to any CPR related answer.

Sorry for being that rough but i hate this useless discussion.

Regards,
Mirco

#12 5 years ago

I like CPR and purchased several things from them before, but just because the playfield is on their pre-order list doesn't mean we are going to see it anytime soon. Not sure why everyone gets butt hurt when micro and CPR make the same playfield, competition is good for any market place.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I like CPR and purchased several things from them before, but just because the playfield is on their pre-order list doesn't mean we are going to see it anytime soon. Not sure why everyone gets butt hurt when micro and CPR make the same playfield, competition is good for any market place.

Amen.

#15 5 years ago

Johnny mnemonic

#16 5 years ago

Highclasspinball I have an uninstalled playfield with the laminated overlay as produced by John Greatwich. Art wise it should suit your needs perfectly. Please let me know via PM, if you'd like me to send it to you.

#17 5 years ago

I will take a playfield.

#19 5 years ago

Looking through your previous posts I'm guessing you're a CPR employee or very close to CPR?

A lot of people seem to be pissed with CPR over the quality of their playfields recently, check out the Whirlwind threads to see what I mean.

More than one supplier is always a good thing, pay your money and take your choice.

#20 5 years ago

Calling @uncivil_engineer....

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Looking through your previous posts I'm guessing you're a CPR employee or very close to CPR?
A lot of people seem to be pissed with CPR over the quality of their playfields recently, check out the Whirlwind threads to see what I mean.
More than one supplier is always a good thing, pay your money and take your choice.

He must be an employee because he threatened to have me taken off the Sorcerer playfield list because of my above posts. He actually took the time to pm me personally and explain why Mirco is not as good as CPR. Or at least that was my takeaway. Bottom line is I had a playfield sit for 4 years and never got it back from someone that was going to redo it and now CPR for a few more years while my game sits torn apart in my garage. I just want someone to make the damn thing so I can have a functioning game again.

#22 5 years ago

Someone took your playfield and never gave it back? Man I’d be so mad

#23 5 years ago

I am Not an employee of CPR. Nor do I live in Canada, which is where CPR is located. I have been a Collector for 38+ Years and I support the companies that have supported this hobby for so long, like CPR which has provided us with great products for the past 15 Years. Yes I called out Squeakman for not supporting CPR, although I did Not say I would have him taken off the Sorcerer PF list. What I did PM Squeakman was the following: "ok, no problem, I'll let CPR know that you are no longer interested in buying their products or supporting their efforts to help keep this hobby alive.... "

Quoted from jsyjay:

#24 5 years ago

I am Not an employee of CPR. Nor do I live in Canada, which is where CPR is located. I have been a Collector for 38+ Years and I support the companies that have supported this hobby for so long, like CPR which has provided us with great products for the past 15 Years. Yes I called out Squeakman for not supporting CPR, although I did Not say I would have him taken off the Sorcerer PF list. What I did PM Squeakman was the following: "ok, no problem, I'll let CPR know that you are no longer interested in buying their products or supporting their efforts to help keep this hobby alive.... "

Competition is good, even better when the only company producing these playfields moves like molasses...

#25 5 years ago

"ok, no problem, I'll let CPR know that you are no longer interested in buying their products or supporting their efforts to help keep this hobby alive.... "

Why would you threaten to do that though? If you have nothing to do with CPR then Squeakman has nothing to do with you.

Maybe mind your own business.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Calling uncivil_engineer....

You bet I’d be in for a new playfield and plastics. I’d love to have a nice playfield to go with my new cabinet.

IMG_7836 (resized).JPGIMG_7836 (resized).JPG
#27 5 years ago

I'm tired of waiting and would love to be able to buy a new Sorcerer playfield in the next year.

#28 5 years ago

I want to see Sorcerer made and I don't particularly care who does it... I might die of old age waiting for CPR to finally get to it, so other entrants to the field would be welcome.

#29 5 years ago

I bought one of the final Greatwich playfields. This one has an overlay with a clear. Looks really nice. Looking forward to doing the swap on it

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I bought one of the final Greatwich playfields. This one has an overlay with a clear. Looks really nice. Looking forward to doing the swap on it

You probably got mine. He had my playfield for three years for direct ink and ended up having to do an overlay. He didn't contact me directly when it was done and by the time I realized it was ready he had sold it.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

You probably got mine. He had my playfield for three years for direct ink and ended up having to do an overlay. He didn't contact me directly when it was done and by the time I realized it was ready he had sold it.

my apologies. I'd sell it to you for what I paid for it but I imagine that whole process has left a bad taste in your mouth

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Quoted from Squeakman:
my apologies. I'd sell it to you for what I paid for it but I imagine that whole process has left a bad taste in your mouth

No harm done. If it gets a repro I will be fine. I would however like to see pics when you get it installed.

#33 5 years ago

I just emailed about Sorcerer to sqeakman. Doing another overlay version on my own playfield.

#34 5 years ago

Pictures of maybe my last Sorcerer overlay install. Almost 12 years ago I started direct ink restorations. Mirco is better off locating original playfield & plastics to work with for colors. I restored almost 30 playfields mostly direct ink restorations, & some overlays. Still a hard process since I mask the lenses & wood areas to spray white. Many coats of varethane waterbourne gloss used also. The overlay I apply wet to try for best look, & then hand trim it. Very hard process compared to installing a new playfield.

IMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPG
#35 5 years ago

I would be interested in a sorcerer playfield!

1 week later
#36 5 years ago

I am definitely down for Sorcerer pf

#37 5 years ago

Yes I would like a new playfield and plastics too please.
Just picked up this “folk art” repainted Sorcerer.

40CBE2BD-68BD-413A-8FDA-7F89465E672E (resized).jpeg40CBE2BD-68BD-413A-8FDA-7F89465E672E (resized).jpeg
#38 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Just picked up this “folk art” repainted Sorcerer.

That's kind of incredible!

#39 5 years ago

yeah someone put a lot of time in painting this playfield.
I kinda like it, but it is too uneven to play properly.
Plans for now, scrape off the letters and numbers from the inserts.
Buy the insert decals and put a playfield protector over top to smooth out the gameplay.
that should do until A new playfield is being sold.

#40 5 years ago

I'm down on a CPR playfield , but really need a playfield so if they get made would have to get it where I can. Just hope its sooner than later as have playfield stripped with pictures but dont want to forget how it goes back together. At least a few others will be swapping out at same time.

#41 5 years ago

I would be in for a Sorcerer playfield

2 months later
#42 5 years ago

CPR is already making them as we speak.

2 months later
#43 4 years ago

Hi Mirco, can you indicate when your Sorcerer playfield will be available?

#44 4 years ago

Hi, I'm really busy with other stuff right now but will concentrate on them in a handful weeks. We are almost finished with the upgrade on one of the robots which would more than double its capacity. Once that is back in production I will finish some new titles...

Sorry but this delay is for future upgrades speed!

Regards,
Mirco

#45 4 years ago

Ok I understand. I'm ot in a hurry. Just want to be sure that you will be producing this title in the near future.

#46 4 years ago

They are already printed so just a matter of finishing them up....

Regards,
Mirco

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-sorcerer-playfield-from-mircoplayfields-?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.