Topic Stats

• 446 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190805_123033 (resized).jpg
20190805_122710 (resized).jpg
IMG_0876 (resized).JPG
fullsizeoutput_1e4c (resized).jpeg
20190715_201144 (resized).jpg
379728C4-2A6E-40F5-95E3-C08AEE578596 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9148 (resized).JPG
f14tomcat (resized).jpg
IMG_9023 (resized).JPG
IMG_8998 (resized).JPG
IMG_8997 (resized).JPG
IMG_1530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1527 (resized).JPG
IMG_3901 (resized).JPG
IMG_1286 (resized).JPG
IMG_0759 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I've never seen one with a good playfield. It's better to lock in a new playfield and just assume your game will need it when you find one.

I found this one in June of 2015 (my first ever pin) that had been sitting in a garage untouched since 1999.
I know it's not perfect by no means and I'm no pro, but, I consider this playfield to be "good".
Especially if I had someone to remove the mylar, clean/touch it up and clear coat it or whatever the pros do to them.
......Don't get me wrong, if I had $800 plus to spear I would be in for a new one myself. never know, things may change, tomorrow is a new day.

DSCF2242_(resized).JPG

DSCF2241_(resized).JPG

DSCF2240_(resized).JPG

DSCF2239_(resized).JPG

6 months later
#164 3 years ago

Hi Peter, Even though I have a fairly nice playfield on my F-14, I have decided to go ahead and place my pre-order for one of your new reproductions. I have sent you an email with a couple of questions for you.

Thanks, Jon

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

I have sent an email out to all that have per-paid.
If you didnt receive an Email, then I did not receive your pre-payment.
Many thanks for your trust.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

I received your Email. I am feeling good about this! Looking forward in getting my new playfield!
...Peter, before you clear coat mine, I need you to have Steve Ritchie autograph the upper playfield between Hitman and Gen. Yagov.
It will go good with my autographed translite.
Don't forget to autograph and date the underside yourself if you don't mind.

Jon

DSCF2651_(resized).JPG

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hi.
I can send you the F-14 playfield with a sanded clear coat, then you can ask Steve Ritchie to sighn the playfield, then you can send it for a final clear coat to some one in the US. Let me know if this will work for you.
Ill be happy to sign the playfield with date under the appron?
Regrads from Hamburg
Peter

Guess I will do without the Steve Ritchie autograph since he is 1600 miles away from me, but you are welcome to sign and date under the apron. .....

Thanks, Jon

2 weeks later
#187 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I have a question that might concern others as well. Will the underside be dimpled for PCB or individual lamp holders for the arrow inserts? Could you easily dimple for both? Many thanks!

Forgive me for not knowing this, but what do you mean by dimpled?

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

A dimple is a small punch in the wood that serves as a grip for the screw tip when you assemble the playfield. Since there are multiple editions of the F-14 playfield, one with PCBs for the arrow insert lights and one with individual lights. If this PF only gets dimpled with the PCB one I need to make a jig or template to make the dimples myself.

Oh I see, Since mine is a later version, I don't guess I have deal with that....I would think he would accommodate for all versions since they are not all the same.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Oh I see, Since mine is a later version, I don't guess I have deal with that....I would think he would accommodate for all versions since they are not all the same.

Or maybe send a template for those who need it?

1 month later
#209 3 years ago

Groovy!

1 week later
#230 3 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I would definitely be in, just seems like it's one repro playfield that is never going to happen.

Bazinga!!

#235 3 years ago

SWEET!!

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Zoomed and enhanced!

Nice! And that's without the clear coat

1 week later
#277 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Picked u an f-14 today. Would like to get in on this if anyone is interested in selling their spot!

Did you ask him if he made an extra's

3 weeks later
#292 3 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

I got a DHL message in German also this morning

What did it say?

#296 3 years ago

It says if you had have paid up in full the first day, this playfield would have been going to your place

Well that was nice of them to let you know.

#303 3 years ago

Ok, translated email and yes , F14 playfield was signed over to DHL today with a tracking number. I thought Santa was going to bring it?

Oh, he sent you two different emails then?

#306 3 years ago

O I C....I'm guessing you mistranslated it the first time I ask you what it said?

1 week later
#324 2 years ago

Who all is gonna try and stay factory original and who is gonna restro-mod theirs?

#327 2 years ago

F14 already nice. What would you mod it out with

It's a pretty long list of things I have seen people do to their F-14's,
Haven't you seen any?

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I was going to pimp mine out

Have you saw the colored diverter ramps freeplay40 makes? I was thinking getting a red one and powder coating all the wire ramps red along with all the legs, side rails, coin door, ball shooter housing, lock down bar, with all the bolts black.
There are some other pretty cool mods available for the F-14's too.

#330 2 years ago

Sorry Peter, Not meaning to hijack the thread, just trying to stir up some action here. Kinda excited about getting my new playfield!

#334 2 years ago

I can't wait to see some of the tricked out F-14's we'll be seeing here pretty soon

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

I picked mine up from the post office today. Looks sexy as hell. Now I just need to forget about it for a few months.

Why?

#363 2 years ago

Relax dude you'll get it

#366 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Mine just cleared customs. So, the majority of the US folks had to go pick it up at the USPS office? I'm worried somebody is going to drop it off on my porch. I imagine a packaged playfield look like a flatscreen TV that will throw itself at some pikey passing by.

I asked Peter about that, He said it will need a signature to receive

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

You need signiture, mailman left a card to sign but i wanted to see package before excepting it just in case someone threw it on the truck and damaged it, not sure how you can claim damage after signing so im headed to the post office in a few to pickup mine. Fingers crossed

Are you saying the post office will let you open the package before signing for it?

#372 2 years ago

Is there a certain way these should be stored if they are not going to be installed right away?
Seems like there could be a possibility of warpage (...."warpage", redneck Okie word....) if not stored properly?

1 week later
#390 2 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Awesome!
To my surprise, my playfield arrived today. I never did get an email notification that is was shipped. But, it looks fantastic!! Peter is first class all the way. Thank you Peter!!
It's funny how the half tone dots on the repro playfields have the same flaw as the original playfields.
Now to work!

Did it come to your door or did you have to go pick it up?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, CA
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside