20230203_092626 (resized).jpg
20230127_144210 (resized).jpg
20230127_161257 (resized).jpg
20230127_161338 (resized).jpg
20230127_144155 (resized).jpg
20230125_130639 (resized).jpg
20230125_155022 (resized).jpg
IMG_0205 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StylesBitchly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

Awesome!
I want one too!

#48 8 years ago

It's confirmed! I'm on the list!

1 week later
#82 8 years ago

You need to rename your title to F-14 Tomcat if you want more hits. Nobody types in "Tom Cat" as separate words. Also use the hyphen between F and 14

#101 8 years ago

Oh hell yes bronco
That beats my F-14 playfield by miles!

#102 8 years ago

Right now I'm in the process of sanding the F-14 playfield down to the wood, applying brush laquer and installing all the main theme art as decals, color laser printed on matt white adhesive backed vinyl. I had already purchased a playfield protector. I got the art scans a while back. I touched up everything to perfection in photoshop. I will also install new insert decals. I only plan to use the flame and black smoke art around the targets and Yagov and Hitman and the left and right side jet and missiles and center red target art as well as some custom art. I remade the main jet at bottom center (see pics). The semi-transparent overlay is just for reference to the inserts. All the backround black areas will be the wood. No key lines to mess with! If I get a new repro playfield, I will either hang this one on the wall or sell it. I got this idea from the topic "F14 Tomcat Blank Edition" by Star_Gazer here on Pinside.

*** I know the jet is kind of stupid, but I'm no artist and my Photoshop skills are limited and I only rented it online for one month for $30.00 and had limited time to come up with something. So don't laugh!

î ƒ

0c421e1c47cb93046bf1a7f8cf75a159730794c9_(resized).jpg0c421e1c47cb93046bf1a7f8cf75a159730794c9_(resized).jpg

Jet_(resized).jpgJet_(resized).jpg

Jet_(resized).jpgJet_(resized).jpg

#104 8 years ago

If you mean the two red flashers at top of playfield that Williams sent out the service bulletin to disable on the earlier F-14's, I already re-enabled them and insulated everything.

6 months later
#153 7 years ago

I'm in for 100 EUR !@!

2 months later
#208 7 years ago

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

1 week later
#249 7 years ago

You guy's are lucky the plastic set for F-14 is only $150.00. Some tables like my Sharkey's Shootout are $190.00!
I got a new set of plastics included with the machine when I bought it. It also had a new Pinscore display and translite and decal set. I just used a standard rivet gun to install plastics. Not about to buy a $200.00 rivet press just to install a few smooth faced rivets. They look fine.

#250 7 years ago

Peter is now asking for final payment. Got the email this morning. I'm in!
Now comes the work of installing it. Just a little nervous about that!

1 week later
#274 7 years ago

Stick a playfield protector over it instead. That's what I'm doing. Playfield will stay virgin and it will look like thick clear coat.

#279 7 years ago

If you put a playfield protector on it, is there a timeframe that you should wait to allow the clear to cure?

Good question.
But I would think if it's ready to play on when shipped it's ready to install protector on. Also, it's going to take me some time to install everything on bottom side and rebuild pop bumper and flippers etc.. before I even start on top side.
Cheers!

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

If you put a playfield protector on it, is there a timeframe that you should wait to allow the clear to cure?

Good question.
But I would think if it's ready to play on when shipped it's ready to install protector on. Also, it's going to take me some time to install everything on bottom side and rebuild pop bumper and flippers etc.. before I even start on top side.
Cheers!

1 month later
#383 7 years ago

I can't wait !!
I was in the 2nd batch. Still no email.

#387 7 years ago

Awesome!
To my surprise, my playfield arrived today. I never did get an email notification that is was shipped. But, it looks fantastic!! Peter is first class all the way. Thank you Peter!!
It's funny how the half tone dots on the repro playfields have the same flaw as the original playfields (picture courtesy of vid).
Now to work!

halftone dots (resized).jpghalftone dots (resized).jpg

#391 7 years ago

I never signed for it. They just left it in my breeze-way. I live in the country.

1 year later
#417 6 years ago

Thanks to vid1900, I solved a problem with the Launch Lane VUK saucer 'ball stop', causing ball to bounce back.
Here are some pictures. Notice the first one where the ball stop is square to the saucer hole? It needs to be angled counter clockwise slightly to kill the ball energy so it drops down into hole and not bounce out. As I stated before, these repro playfields have holes that are not drilled in exactly the same place so these adjustments are needed. I just epoxied shut one screw hole and drilled another to set the stop at an angle. It plays great now. No bounce backs!

IMG_1527 (resized).JPGIMG_1527 (resized).JPG

IMG_1530 (resized).JPGIMG_1530 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StylesBitchly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-f14-tom-cat?tu=StylesBitchly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.