20230203_092626 (resized).jpg
20230127_144210 (resized).jpg
20230127_161257 (resized).jpg
20230127_161338 (resized).jpg
20230127_144155 (resized).jpg
20230125_130639 (resized).jpg
20230125_155022 (resized).jpg
IMG_0205 (resized).JPG
There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 7 years ago

F14 ball lost secret:
Fasten a black post to the back wall right where the main launch wire ramp
enters the black vacuum form gate guide system.
The post helps block the ball from falling off the backside
of the wire ramp and into the abyss of the back side of the playfield.

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Darren_Sisco:

Looks like I missed the boat . Time to roll up my sleeves.

That looks better than most I've seen, good luck!

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from Darren_Sisco:

Looks like I missed the boat . Time to roll up my sleeves.

If you want a REALLY nice original, let me know. I'll do the playfield swap and my original is VERY nice. Full Mylar, very minimal wear, no to VERY little insert lifting.

Almost hate to get rid of it to be honest, as it's in great shape.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

F14 ball lost secret:
Fasten a black post to the back wall right where the main launch wire ramp
enters the black vacuum form gate guide system.
The post helps block the ball from falling off the backside
of the wire ramp and into the abyss of the back side of the playfield.

I have never seen this happen. Ever. When/how have you seen this? Something must me missing/broke.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

I have never seen this happen. Ever. When/how have you seen this

Lift the playfield up with all the balls ejected into the metal wire entrance ramp.
A ball or two will end up behind the reverse kickback.

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

If you want a REALLY nice original, let me know. I'll do the playfield swap and my original is VERY nice. Full Mylar, very minimal wear, no to VERY little insert lifting.
Almost hate to get rid of it to be honest, as it's in great shape.

I got lucky and Buthamburg had one available. I sent him a payment and it should be on the way at some point. I'm considering fixing up my old board to sell as an original. Won't be until after I get done with the F14 and Spy Hunter projects though.

#407 7 years ago

I think my playfield will be here any day now, but I don't have an F14 anymore to put it in. If anyone needs one I will sell at same price I paid.

#408 7 years ago

Mine just came today looks amazing!!!

1 week later
#409 7 years ago

Are there any left to purchase?

2 months later
#410 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Are there any left to purchase?

This^^^

I'm late to the party but would love a new Tomcat play field.

#411 6 years ago

Hello to all.
Sorry, but the first bunch is sold out.
We will open a new pre-order list for F-14.
If you are interested to purchase a F-14 playfield, then please mail me to [email protected]
Pre-order list is now open.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#412 6 years ago

Message sent :^)

#413 6 years ago

I have one I'm not going to use - up for grabs...Also have a plastic set and repro ramp

Scott

IMG_3901 (resized).JPGIMG_3901 (resized).JPG

#414 6 years ago

fyi ... we just received a very limited # of F-14 Playfields from Peter in Germany, all highest quality sealed directly from him.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1357-554&Store_Code=PP

4 months later
#415 6 years ago

Any idea if you will be getting more in the future?

Quoted from PPS:

fyi ... we just received a very limited # of F-14 Playfields from Peter in Germany, all highest quality sealed directly from him.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1357-554&Store_Code=PP

4 months later
#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
After the second coat has setteled, we will check them and then decide if a 3rd coat is needed.
At the Moment there is not another Option to do custom clear coating. To do a decent mirrow finish it can take upto
2 years, and then you can still see the outlines of inserts after the clear coat has settled completly. But we will do our best to get a
decent Playfield out to you.
It would be the best to let the Playfield rest for atleast 6 months. Then sand and apply another clear coat layer and wait again and repeat until you are satisfied.
Kruzman would also be an option.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

I let my new #F-14 Tomcat playfield rest for 9 months on edge, turning it as needed to let gravity pull it flat as it sat. Now kruzman is working his magic on the surface.
I will post results here when the finished product is ready for its photo shoot.

2 months later
#417 5 years ago

Thanks to vid1900, I solved a problem with the Launch Lane VUK saucer 'ball stop', causing ball to bounce back.
Here are some pictures. Notice the first one where the ball stop is square to the saucer hole? It needs to be angled counter clockwise slightly to kill the ball energy so it drops down into hole and not bounce out. As I stated before, these repro playfields have holes that are not drilled in exactly the same place so these adjustments are needed. I just epoxied shut one screw hole and drilled another to set the stop at an angle. It plays great now. No bounce backs!

IMG_1527 (resized).JPGIMG_1527 (resized).JPG

IMG_1530 (resized).JPGIMG_1530 (resized).JPG

9 months later
#418 5 years ago

Hello to all

We are busy setting up the milling machine for F-14 playfields.
The pre-order list is still open, if you wish to be on the F-14 playfield list,
Then please send me an email to [email protected] including your postal address.
Delivery time approx March 19

1 F-14 reproduction playfield Euro 700 Approx.
Shipping to the US and Canada Euro 95
Shipping to Australia Euro 105
Shipping inside the EC Euro 35
Shipping inside Germany Euro 18

Note: If the Playfield remains in the EC we have to charge 19% VAT / MwSt.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

1 month later
#419 5 years ago

Hello to all

Here is a picture of the raw F-14 board with glued and sanded inserts.
Now its time for primer.

Have a nice weekend
Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter

IMG_8997 (resized).JPGIMG_8997 (resized).JPG
#420 5 years ago

The last batch of playfields were beautiful! Congratulations to those getting new playfields this time around.

Peter- Are there any plans to make matched color plastic sets this time around? I’m very unhappy with the blue that CPR used on their sets.

#421 5 years ago

Woohoo! Will be excited to feature one of these at RPM.

#422 5 years ago

Woot! Can't wait for mine!

1 week later
#423 5 years ago

The F-14 Playfields now have primer and are ready for silk screen printing.
We will let them rest for 1 week. Printing is scheduled for beginning of April.
The picture is showing the F-14 Playfield with primer.
We still have a handful of F-14 Playfields available, if you wish to jump in on this production run,
then please send me an email to [email protected] with your postal address.

Have a nice Sunday
Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter

IMG_8998 (resized).JPGIMG_8998 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#424 5 years ago

Hello to all

Here is a short update. We are nearly finished printing.
If the printer manages to make the green and black screen until tomorrow, we will print the last 2 colors.

Have a nice day
Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter

IMG_9023 (resized).JPGIMG_9023 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#426 4 years ago

I can’t wait to get mine ... anxiously awaiting

2 weeks later
#427 4 years ago

I actually forgot all about this until I received an email this morning about payment. Looking forward to pulling the F14 out of my line up for a well deserved playfield swap!

f14tomcat (resized).jpgf14tomcat (resized).jpg
#428 4 years ago

I'm ready!!

3 weeks later
#429 4 years ago

Stoked to get this project rolling! PF is the remaining piece!

1 week later
#430 4 years ago

Hello to all

Here is a first peep of the F-14 Playfields.
We have had a bad delay for the printer failed badly. We had
to purchase a printing machine and repair printed the boards.
The F-14 playfields are now getting thier clear coat, the first batch
got the final clear coat this week. If all went well we will send out the first F-14 Playfields next week.
Wish you all a nice weekend.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter

IMG_9148 (resized).JPGIMG_9148 (resized).JPG
#431 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. Waiting on mine ... got an F-14 project brewing for the next TPF and this will be dynamite!

#432 4 years ago

Looks Great! I sent over my payment, can't wait to do this restore!

2 weeks later
#433 4 years ago

My playfield is on its way! Is it recommended to allow the playfield to cure for awhile before doing the swap? If yes, how long? Thanks!

#434 4 years ago

Yes, let the playfield rest for atleast 30 days.
You can also test the coat with your finger nail. Take a spot,
for example were the fire back coil gets mounted, Feel the hardness of the clear coat.
If you leave marks easly with your finger nail, then it is not ready to mount. If its very hard
to make a mark, then its ready for mounting.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#435 4 years ago

Arrived! Beautiful, can’t wait to get started! Thanks Peter and Leon!

379728C4-2A6E-40F5-95E3-C08AEE578596 (resized).jpeg379728C4-2A6E-40F5-95E3-C08AEE578596 (resized).jpeg
#436 4 years ago

Well I got home from work to an unexpected surprise! I didn't even know it had shipped lmao

20190715_201144 (resized).jpg20190715_201144 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#437 4 years ago

I received my remake play field from Germany today. It looks fantastic!!! I likely will not tackle the swap for a few years. Is there any expert advice on how to store this play field until then? Wrapped in paper or not? Laying flat under a bed or standing on its long side against a wall? Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

fullsizeoutput_1e4c (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1e4c (resized).jpegIMG_0876 (resized).JPGIMG_0876 (resized).JPG
#438 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Laying flat under a bed or standing on its long side against a wall? Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I store mine flat in a dark, climate controlled environment.

1 week later
#439 4 years ago

We got ours last week, looks amazing. Can't wait to start this project in a couple months.

20190805_122710 (resized).jpg20190805_122710 (resized).jpg20190805_123033 (resized).jpg20190805_123033 (resized).jpg
#440 4 years ago

I miss Doug Watson playfield art.

2 weeks later
#441 4 years ago

Buthamburg is posting some pretty interesting videos showing how strong his clearcoat is....pretty hilarious given the current events:

https://www.facebook.com/buthamburg.de/videos/369100100673747/

https://www.facebook.com/buthamburg.de/videos/2830057340466872/

#442 4 years ago

Hello to all

It makes us proud that you are all happy with our hand craft work, that is the best loan that we can receive, Thank you.
The time was now to stand up for we were mentioned having Ghosting problems. We did have a ghosting problem,
the problem was man made and not because the clear and paints dont match. 8 Boards didnt get primered, 1 paint both
load. Having no primer on the inserts caused the ghosting, the clear coat couldnt hold to the plastic insert. In the last few months,
we are often asked if our playfields are having issues with clear coat, others have canceled thier pre-order, others dont respons to mails.
So we decided to take a video showing how we break down the art print and the clear coat. We did expect attleast some clear coat chipping
off while hammering the insert. The insert is cracked but we cant see any ghosting, the clear coat is badly dented and the hammer left deep
dimples in the wood area. I think we have now showed that our playfields dont have the issues that certian other playfield manufactures have.
Knock 3 times on wood.

Have a nice day
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter

#443 4 years ago

Buthamburg Peter, thank you so much for your hard work and huge contributions to the hobby!

Only wish is that you could produce MORE!

#444 4 years ago

Thank you.
I must pass it on to my Son, Leon, working with the same passion on producing playfields
and pinball spare parts.
We are now working on capacity, we are looking for new company premises.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter

#445 4 years ago

Any play fields left from your latest production run? Never hurts to ask, right?

#446 4 years ago

Yes, we still have some F-14 Playfields available.
Please send me an E-Mail directly to peter at buthamburg dot de.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter

5 months later
#447 4 years ago

This playfield is amazing. Amazing quality on the build of it.

20200129_152521_HDR (resized).jpg20200129_152521_HDR (resized).jpg
#448 4 years ago

Are they dimpled on both sides?

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Are they dimpled on both sides?

Yes, and they are dimpled deeper and more precise than other vendors playfields. Great quality !!

1 month later
#450 4 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Yes, and they are dimpled deeper and more precise than other vendors playfields. Great quality !!

I just finished my F-14 playfield swap. Peter’s work is really outstanding. My CPR gold EATPM was a mess.

This one was so easy to work on and all the dimpling was in order and the depths were perfect.

All I changed was the original alignment of the other red and blue lamp boards so they were centered more in the inserts. This was a factory design issue and not a Peter issue.

Thanks again Peter. Really an outstanding plAyfield. I can’t wait for police force

There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-f14-tom-cat/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.