By Buthamburg

2 years ago

Stats

• 416 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 months ago by cletus14
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 70 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3901 (resized).JPG
IMG_1286 (resized).JPG
IMG_0759 (resized).JPG
IMG_2720 (resized).JPG
halftone dots (resized).jpg
IMG_2689 (resized).JPG
20161223_165901 (resized).jpg
20161223_165813 (resized).jpg
20161223_165735 (resized).jpg
20161223_165100 (resized).jpg
YZIoshe (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
DSC_3209.jpg
DSC_3208.jpg
DSC_3210.jpg
DSC_3211.jpg

There are 416 posts in topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 1 year ago

Mine says its in US for almost a week

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

SOF
We are thinking of putting up a vote side, then you could vote for playfields needed and we can check if we can get the rights to do them.
Peter

Firepower. There's tons of them out there and the playfields are all beat unless you were lucky enough to get a repro several years ago.

#353 1 year ago

Comet. Almost all the play fields are dust at this point.

#354 1 year ago

The Addams Family... I know it would be awfully expensive( for the rights) , but it sure would get people signing up for one real quick!

#355 1 year ago

I picked mine up from the post office today. Looks sexy as hell. Now I just need to forget about it for a few months.

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

I picked mine up from the post office today. Looks sexy as hell. Now I just need to forget about it for a few months.

Why?

#357 1 year ago

Mine says it has not landed in the US yet

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Mine says it has not landed in the US yet

Mine said that for 10 days, and just updated this morning to:
"The shipment has left the import package center in the destination country.

Next Step
The package will be transported to the delivery warehouse."

Can't wait.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

We are thinking of putting up a vote side, then you could vote for playfields needed and we can check if we can get the rights to do them.

Stargate
Six Million Dollar Man
Meteor (If CPR won't do it)

#360 1 year ago

Flash Gordon?

#361 1 year ago

My playfield is waiting at the post office.

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from crlush:

My playfield is waiting at the post office.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Relax dude you'll get it

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Relax dude you'll get it

I'm just having a bit of fun with the anticipation.

#365 1 year ago

Mine just cleared customs. So, the majority of the US folks had to go pick it up at the USPS office? I'm worried somebody is going to drop it off on my porch. I imagine a packaged playfield look like a flatscreen TV that will throw itself at some pikey passing by.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

Mine just cleared customs. So, the majority of the US folks had to go pick it up at the USPS office? I'm worried somebody is going to drop it off on my porch. I imagine a packaged playfield look like a flatscreen TV that will throw itself at some pikey passing by.

I asked Peter about that, He said it will need a signature to receive

#367 1 year ago

You need signiture, mailman left a card to sign but i wanted to see package before excepting it just in case someone threw it on the truck and damaged it, not sure how you can claim damage after signing so im headed to the post office in a few to pickup mine. Fingers crossed

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from crlush:

You need signiture, mailman left a card to sign but i wanted to see package before excepting it just in case someone threw it on the truck and damaged it, not sure how you can claim damage after signing so im headed to the post office in a few to pickup mine. Fingers crossed

You can't make a claim - the sender has to do it.

#369 1 year ago

Whew got mine looks sweet! While opening the box i could still smell the clearcoat (reminds me of a fresh paint job on a car) looks wet.

20161223_165100 (resized).jpg
20161223_165735 (resized).jpg

20161223_165813 (resized).jpg

20161223_165901 (resized).jpg

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from crlush:

Are you saying the post office will let you open the package before signing for it?

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Are you saying the post office will let you open the package before signing for it?

No i just didnt want to accept the package without seeing it, not sure how it works now but years ago i ordered a chrome bumper for my classic car and it got lost in tbe mail for a while so i called the company and they had the shipping company find it and when they delivered it i had to sign for it when the box arrived it looked like it got stuck on a conveyor belt for a couple of days because it rubbed thru the box and you could see the chrome was ruined in that area, the ups guy said if i refuse to sign it would be shiped back to the company so thats what i did. You can see in the pic above the package looks incredible for the long journey it traveled, shit i ordered a part in the summer just a couple states over and the box looked like they threw it off a cliff even though what was inside was still fine. But all is well here i hope everyone else that ordered one is happy as well. Merry Christmas

#372 1 year ago

Is there a certain way these should be stored if they are not going to be installed right away?
Seems like there could be a possibility of warpage (...."warpage", redneck Okie word....) if not stored properly?

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Is there a certain way these should be stored if they are not going to be installed right away?
Seems like there could be a possibility of warpage (...."warpage", redneck Okie word....) if not stored properly?

Attach temporary side rails like this...

IMG_2689 (resized).JPG

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from crlush:

Whew got mine looks sweet! While opening the box i could still smell the clearcoat (reminds me of a fresh paint job on a car) looks wet.

Niiice!

#375 1 year ago

Hello to all.

We wish you all a Merry Christmass and all the best for 2017.

Regards from Hamburg
Buthamburg Team
http://www.buthamburg.de

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

I asked Peter about that, He said it will need a signature to receive

For the record, I got mine today, dropped off without signature. I've potty trained USPS to drop off packages in the back of my house and I was lucky it was there waiting for me. Christmas eve and everything!

And yes! It looks nothing absolutely amazing! My current F14 is a proper beater with raised inserts, pulled mylar and worn to the wood in some places so this will be a VERY nice upgrade!

Thanks Peter for all the hard work and look forward to your future endeavors!

#377 1 year ago

Got mine yesterday and decided to not open it until today (Christmas). A few notes:
-It looks amazing.
-My old plastics look like crap now.
-I'm scared to death of drilling it at all those dimples.

I think I might pick up a bunch of nice new screws for it and some new drill bits for sure. Time to start a playfield swap thread?

#378 1 year ago

Mine still says it's waiting to be transported to destination country. :/ been that way since the 12th

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from Wes910:

Mine still says it's waiting to be transported to destination country. :/ been that way since the 12th

Same here.

#381 1 year ago

I would be in for a swords of fury as well.

#382 1 year ago

My F14 playfield arrived in the mail recently. It was extremely well packed and arrived in perfect condition.

As for the playfield itself, WOW! I'm extremely impressed by it. No crazing on the inserts, they look perfect! The registration is sharp, colors are great, and the clearcoat is like glass. I would not hesitate to order again from Peter - big thumbs up from me!

#383 1 year ago

I can't wait !!
I was in the 2nd batch. Still no email.

#384 1 year ago

If anyone in the US wants to resell theirs just shoot me a message. Thanks

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

+1

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

I don't own this table but it's on my shortlist of System 11 titles... I'd definitely pick up a repro playfield if they ran because every example I've seen is totally roached.

#387 1 year ago

Awesome!
To my surprise, my playfield arrived today. I never did get an email notification that is was shipped. But, it looks fantastic!! Peter is first class all the way. Thank you Peter!!
It's funny how the half tone dots on the repro playfields have the same flaw as the original playfields (picture courtesy of vid).
Now to work!

halftone dots (resized).jpg

#388 1 year ago

Received mine, as well. Beautiful work and top notch packing. Thank you Peter!

Steve

#389 1 year ago

Hello to all.

We are happy to see that the playfields are rolling in now.
Thank you for all your patient and thanks for the acnoledgement, we really apritiate it.
The Mark in the Raster is in the original films that Williams used. We were not sure if its a mistake or if
something should have been printed in that area. Looking at the pixels in the original data, the you can see that the raster
is running out towards that area, and above that area the raster gets stronger again. We decided to print them as they were printed.

We wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2017.

In January we will start of with Getaway and Terminator 2 Judgement day.

Regards from Hamburg
But Hamburg Team

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Awesome!
To my surprise, my playfield arrived today. I never did get an email notification that is was shipped. But, it looks fantastic!! Peter is first class all the way. Thank you Peter!!
It's funny how the half tone dots on the repro playfields have the same flaw as the original playfields.
Now to work!

Did it come to your door or did you have to go pick it up?

#391 1 year ago

I never signed for it. They just left it in my breeze-way. I live in the country.

#392 1 year ago

Hello to all.

We wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2017.

Regards from Hamburg
Buthamburg Team

#393 1 year ago

Has anybody ever played on a playfield of buthamburg with the original clear coat? Reviews about playability, dimples or insert problems?

#394 1 year ago

Happy new year!

IMG_2720 (resized).JPG

#395 1 year ago

Peter,

Can you give us an idea of the hardness of this particular clear coat you use? Is it a two part automotive style or equivalent?

Do these play fields dimple over time?

I have used 2 part automotive and that clear is VERY hard, and practically nothing with scratch/break it.

Are others intending to clear over this clear for extra protection?

Peter do you have a recommendation to "bullet proof" this playfield, or leave as is.

Thank you. DHL email says mine is on the way.

#396 1 year ago

Hi

Yes, it is a 2 part automotive clear coat.

If you have the possiblility to "bullet proof" it, it would always be better.
Please note that we cannot do custom clear coating on production runs, but we do our best
and we put extra clear coats if the first 2 coats dont work out well. All the material are very fresh
on production runs, with the time it will dimple. If you have the time, then it would be better to let the clear coat settle
for atleast 6 months and then give it to a "professional" for extra clear coating.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Peter,
Can you give us an idea of the hardness of this particular clear coat you use? Is it a two part automotive style or equivalent?
Do these play fields dimple over time?
I have used 2 part automotive and that clear is VERY hard, and practically nothing with scratch/break it.
Are others intending to clear over this clear for extra protection?
Peter do you have a recommendation to "bullet proof" this playfield, or leave as is.
Thank you. DHL email says mine is on the way.

I add extra clear on almost all my pfs, but peter does a great job - No clearcoat won't dimple over time. I don't care what anyone else says. Extra clear is usually better as peter suggests a brief settling time to fill in the recesses around the inserts.

2 weeks later
#398 1 year ago

Thanks Peter! Beautiful!

I look forward to doing business again soon!

IMG_0759 (resized).JPG

#399 1 year ago

Do the dimples require a pre-drill or do we just run the screws right in?

Predrill dimples on both top and bottom of playfield??

Share techniques for predrilling?

Cleanest way to predrill the anti biff (metal guides below the flippers)???

Will swap mine later this year, just wondering the prep others do.

Thanks!

#400 1 year ago

Looks like I missed the boat :(. Time to roll up my sleeves.

IMG_1286 (resized).JPG

There are 416 posts in topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside