20230203_092626 (resized).jpg
20230127_144210 (resized).jpg
20230127_161257 (resized).jpg
20230127_161338 (resized).jpg
20230127_144155 (resized).jpg
20230125_130639 (resized).jpg
20230125_155022 (resized).jpg
IMG_0205 (resized).JPG
There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 7 years ago

Probably will hold onto mine as my pf is still pretty solid, but Peter you have 100! Can't pass this up

#152 7 years ago

Thank you to all.
Have a nice day
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#153 7 years ago

I'm in for 100 EUR !@!

#154 7 years ago

Hello to all.

Lets get ready to rumble. The first board has the light inserts glued. Yesterday night we fetch the first bacht of boards from the carpenter,
now we have started to glued inserts.

Buthamburg team wishes all a good weekend.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

IMG_7836_(resized).JPGIMG_7836_(resized).JPG

#155 7 years ago

Looks great! Can't wait to see them finished! Thanks Peter!

#156 7 years ago

Peter, deposit sent! REALLY excited about having a smooth, mylar-free deck installed!

#157 7 years ago

Awesome... can't wait

#158 7 years ago

Wow, looks like its coming along. Hey Peter, Maybe you want to poll people to do a Black Knight 2000 PF...F-14 and BK2K are certainly two infamous mylar nightmares..

#159 7 years ago

bk2k is in the works ... (note pink is just a layer that we make pink so we can see it easier)

bk2k_(resized).jpgbk2k_(resized).jpg

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

bk2k is in the works ... (note pink is just a layer that we make pink so we can see it easier)

Sorry, I just fainted......Awesome!

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That right there puts me on the hunt for a BK2K!

Quoted from stwicks:

certainly two infamous mylar nightmares..

I wish somebody could make a Stargate, speaking of mylar nightmares...

#162 7 years ago

Thanks for Hijacking the Thread!

#163 7 years ago

Hi to all.

We will close the list soon. The carpenter is on holiday for 2 weeks.
After his holiday he will continue milling the ordered boards.
He will be finished on the 2nd of September. Thats the time we will close the pre-order list.

Here again the cost of the F-14 Playfields.

F-14 Playfield 650 Euro
Shipping to the USA / Canada 95 Euro
Shipping to Australia 105 Euro
Shipping to the EC countries 35 Euro
Shipping inside Germany 15 Euro
Buyers from the EC countries is + 19% VAT

We are busy collecting 100 Euro pre payments to confirm your order. Payment is via PayPal to [email protected]
We will only produce the ordered amount of boards to not land up with a huge stock in storage.
The finalizing date is approx. end of October.

Have a nice weekend
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#164 7 years ago

Hi Peter, Even though I have a fairly nice playfield on my F-14, I have decided to go ahead and place my pre-order for one of your new reproductions. I have sent you an email with a couple of questions for you.

Thanks, Jon

#165 7 years ago

We have made a picture of the black film on the raw playfield.
We have done further adjustments to the black film, to fit better, we will receive it next week.
The playfield will be silk screened with the original Williams films.

Buthamburg Team
www.buthamburg.de

IMG_7838_(resized).JPGIMG_7838_(resized).JPG

#166 7 years ago

Hi Peter, can you post a list of the people that you have received deposits from to assure us we have made your list. I hate to miss out because of a stupid error on PayPal end

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

The playfield will be silk screened with the original Williams films.

today-omg-jaw-dropping-reaction-shot-gif-video-2_(resized).pngtoday-omg-jaw-dropping-reaction-shot-gif-video-2_(resized).png

This just keeps getting more exciting by the day! Keep the updates coming!

#168 7 years ago

Awesome Peter!
I think the blue screen printing color should be matched to the new playfield plastic set....right?

Good job Peter!

#169 7 years ago

This is really exciting. Thank you for the updates! My F14 is already disassembled and waiting.

#170 7 years ago

100 Euro downpayment sent!!!

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Hi Peter, can you post a list of the people that you have received deposits from to assure us we have made your list. I hate to miss out because of a stupid error on PayPal end

Hi. Ill send an email out today to all the people who have pre-paid.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#172 7 years ago

I have sent an email out to all that have per-paid.
If you didnt receive an Email, then I did not receive your pre-payment.
Many thanks for your trust.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Awesome Peter!
I think the blue screen printing color should be matched to the new playfield plastic set....right?
Good job Peter!

No, we are only printing with the nice full color shades of the original boards.
It is important for us to match the colors as close as possible. Different shades can make the playfield look off.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#174 7 years ago

I agreed.

I heard the original playfields were made by 3 different manufacturers?
Each manufacturer could have a slightly different color mix.....just saying.
Go for an original deep blue!

#175 7 years ago

Deposit sent. Can't wait to see it on my doorstep!

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

I have sent an email out to all that have per-paid.
If you didnt receive an Email, then I did not receive your pre-payment.
Many thanks for your trust.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

I received your Email. I am feeling good about this! Looking forward in getting my new playfield!
...Peter, before you clear coat mine, I need you to have Steve Ritchie autograph the upper playfield between Hitman and Gen. Yagov.
It will go good with my autographed translite.
Don't forget to autograph and date the underside yourself if you don't mind.

Jon

DSCF2651_(resized).JPGDSCF2651_(resized).JPG

#177 7 years ago

Thanks Peter for letting us all know who's deposits made it to you. I buy most of my stuff over the Internet with no guarantee , but I would buy a pin to repair, just to have one of Peter's playfields in it! THEY ARE THAT GREAT!!!

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

I received your Email. I am feeling good about this! Looking forward in getting my new playfield!
...Peter, before you clear coat mine, I need you to have Steve Ritchie autograph the upper playfield between Hitman and Gen. Yagov.
It will go good with my autographed translite.
Don't forget to autograph and date the underside yourself if you don't mind.
Jon

Hi.
I can send you the F-14 playfield with a sanded clear coat, then you can ask Steve Ritchie to sighn the playfield, then you can send it for a final clear coat to some one in the US. Let me know if this will work for you.
Ill be happy to sign the playfield with date under the appron?

Regrads from Hamburg
Peter

#179 7 years ago

Peter, please feel free to keep posting lots of pictures!

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hi.
I can send you the F-14 playfield with a sanded clear coat, then you can ask Steve Ritchie to sighn the playfield, then you can send it for a final clear coat to some one in the US. Let me know if this will work for you.
Ill be happy to sign the playfield with date under the appron?
Regrads from Hamburg
Peter

Guess I will do without the Steve Ritchie autograph since he is 1600 miles away from me, but you are welcome to sign and date under the apron. .....

Thanks, Jon

#181 7 years ago

payment sent

2 weeks later
#182 7 years ago

I have a question that might concern others as well. Will the underside be dimpled for PCB or individual lamp holders for the arrow inserts? Could you easily dimple for both? Many thanks!

#183 7 years ago

Got my confirmation email, I'm so excited for this! Been sitting on my F-14 for years but not worked on it cause the playfield is so shot due to raised inserts and Mylar. It'll be good to get it playing with a brand new deck. Thank you so much for taking this project on!

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I have a question that might concern others as well. Will the underside be dimpled for PCB or individual lamp holders for the arrow inserts? Could you easily dimple for both? Many thanks!

Excellent question that I wondered myself. Mine is technically a prototype machine or part of a very early run (has proto ROMs in it) and has individual lamp sockets everywhere. I could get by without the dimples, but it sure would help.

#185 7 years ago

Now if only someone had the Phantom of the Opera films...

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I could get by without the dimples, but it sure would help.

Mine is early as well and I could survive without dimples for those two rows.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Forgive me for not knowing this, but what do you mean by dimpled?

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Forgive me for not knowing this, but what do you mean by dimpled?

A dimple is a small punch in the wood that serves as a grip for the screw tip when you assemble the playfield. Since there are multiple editions of the F-14 playfield, one with PCBs for the arrow insert lights and one with individual lights. If this PF only gets dimpled with the PCB one I need to make a jig or template to make the dimples myself.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

A dimple is a small punch in the wood that serves as a grip for the screw tip when you assemble the playfield. Since there are multiple editions of the F-14 playfield, one with PCBs for the arrow insert lights and one with individual lights. If this PF only gets dimpled with the PCB one I need to make a jig or template to make the dimples myself.

Oh I see, Since mine is a later version, I don't guess I have deal with that....I would think he would accommodate for all versions since they are not all the same.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Oh I see, Since mine is a later version, I don't guess I have deal with that....I would think he would accommodate for all versions since they are not all the same.

Or maybe send a template for those who need it?

#191 7 years ago

Hello to all.

We have some dimples from both sides, enough to place the parts correctly. We only have the version with the lite sockets,
not the version with the light boards, all our sample playfields were equipt with singel lite sockets for the flying arrow lite rows.

We have glued inserts on 60 Playfields and are now busy sanding them down so we can bring the first bunch of playfields
to the paint shop to get the primer.

The pre-order list will close on the 9th of September.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

IMG_7841 (resized).JPGIMG_7841 (resized).JPG

#192 7 years ago

The first board has the inserts in the lane out twisted. Will be fixed.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Hopefully that's easier than the way I did mine. I marked each individual hole then placed a peg in each hole so i knew what I'd done.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Holy Crap. Take my money! Can I pre-order??????

1 week later
#195 7 years ago

Peter- will you be posting here when our final payments are due?

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Peter- will you be posting here when our final payments are due?

Hi. Yes Ill post it here. I will also send an email to all on the pre-payment list.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
www.buthamburg.de

#197 7 years ago

How is the progress? Any more photos to share?

#198 7 years ago

Hi to all.

Inserts are all glued, we are busy sanding them.
The first load is at the painters shop for primer.
Printing is planned begining of October.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#199 7 years ago

Any updates? Can't wait to see what they look like once printing starts.

1 week later
#200 7 years ago

BUMP

There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-f14-tom-cat/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.