Topic Stats

• 446 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190805_123033 (resized).jpg
20190805_122710 (resized).jpg
IMG_0876 (resized).JPG
fullsizeoutput_1e4c (resized).jpeg
20190715_201144 (resized).jpg
379728C4-2A6E-40F5-95E3-C08AEE578596 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9148 (resized).JPG
f14tomcat (resized).jpg
IMG_9023 (resized).JPG
IMG_8998 (resized).JPG
IMG_8997 (resized).JPG
IMG_1530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1527 (resized).JPG
IMG_3901 (resized).JPG
IMG_1286 (resized).JPG
IMG_0759 (resized).JPG

There are 446 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 3 years ago

F-14 was my first game and I still miss it. A new playfield may put me on the hunt for a replacement...

#52 3 years ago

I would love to get one. The price tag will definitely hold a lot of people back. I really want this to get made though. Whether I can afford one right now or not.

#53 3 years ago

I would recommend that you change the title of the thread. Right now it doesn't say anything about repro playfields so some people who might be interested in one might miss it. Just a friendly suggestion.

#54 3 years ago

fun tip.. you can google "650 usd in cad" or "650 eur in usd" or "650 eur in aud" or whatever and it will tell you

#55 3 years ago

I'm to the point that just thinking of an f14 with a clear coated playfield reassembled to play how I like it would be brutally fun. I'm in as long as funds work out with the timing. Too much on the pinball plate this year already

#56 3 years ago

I have had a look, but I cant find out how to change the title?

#57 3 years ago

You can change it by pressing the pencil icon on the bottom right of your first post

2016-01-14_10-42-34_(resized).jpg

#58 3 years ago

Thank you, title is re-named.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

I'm to the point that just thinking of an f14 with a clear coated playfield reassembled to play how I like it would be brutally fun. I'm in as long as funds work out with the timing. Too much on the pinball plate this year already

I was just commenting about that the other day. I can't imagine how much faster and more brutal it is going to get when the ball is not being slowed down by raised inserts, shitty mylar, and worn spots. I'm so stoked for this. My only concern is the fluctuating exchange rates. I wish we could lock in the price like oil

#60 3 years ago

The Dollar / Euro has been stabil like this since many mounths. First the problem with Greece, now all the refugies comming into Europe,
That will keep the Euro low for some time.

#61 3 years ago

I could also ask full payment, then the exchange rate is fixed to the date of intrest.
But I dont then want to be rushed, it will take as long as it takes.

#62 3 years ago

And there are those of us that will be ready - no matter how long it takes!

#63 3 years ago

I am in as well. Screw the exchange, with a lot of this hobby stuff you have to get it or lose out. I cannot wait for the hope someone buys one and never uses it.

Besides I am hoping Canada recovers on their exchange a little bit by the time I owe Peter his money and it isn't lower... eep.

#64 3 years ago

Good News.

Peter, what would be the timeline and ETA for this PF's if produced?
Are we talking year 2016 or after ?

#65 3 years ago

I'm really tempted, how soon do you need a commitment? I've never ordered anything like this, how does payment work?

Thank you.

#66 3 years ago

Approx. 4 months once I can get started.
Payment via PayPal.

#67 3 years ago

If you get enough people to make this, you need to convince Rick to let you do Earthshaker and Diner playfields. You'd then become my new hero!!! .

Ed

#68 3 years ago

Earthshaker is being done by CPR, I believe Diner might as well.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This is news!! Have you given Earthshaker back to CPR to produce? The last official news I read was that PPS pulled the project from CPR and handed it to someone else, that was a few years ago. If CPR have it back in hand that is great news, any idea on a time frame for the playfield.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

And hopefully a re-run of the backglass. I may buy 2 playfields just because I was pretty well convinced it was never gonna happen. This is great news!!!!

Stu, please don't piss on my parade and tell me it ain't gonna happen til 2020......

#71 3 years ago

With the exchange rate, $1200 is out of my range for a $2000 game. Too bad, it would be cool.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

With the exchange rate, $1200 is out of my range for a $2000 game. Too bad, it would be cool.

You can't win here if haven't marked F-14 as a keeper.

#73 3 years ago

Peter,

Any idea of a number of pre-orders so far? If all of us who committed take time to PM a few people who don't frequent the site as much, we may get more support.

I'll gladly PM most of the Canada guys just to bug them to join.

#74 3 years ago

Hello.
I need roughly another 30 preorders, then Ill start the project.
Im buisy doing the mold for the insert allready, quiet sure this project will go through.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Thank you, title is re-named.

Thank you for not renaming it with "repo" in the title

Bump! Always great to see new parts being made.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

Peter,
Any idea of a number of pre-orders so far? If all of us who committed take time to PM a few people who don't frequent the site as much, we may get more support.
I'll gladly PM most of the Canada guys just to bug them to join.

I would be on board but the exchange rate knocks me out.

#77 3 years ago

i need Blue and Red Chevron Inserts for Playfield Restore help me

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

I would be on board but the exchange rate knocks me out.

The exchange rate is possibly on track to help you out.
http://www.forecasts.org/euro.htm

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

The exchange rate is possibly on track to help you out.
http://www.forecasts.org/euro.htm

That's USD which has never been an issue. CAD however is junk right now and likely will be for quite some time.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

That's USD which has never been an issue. CAD however is junk right now and likely will be for quite some time.

I don't know it wasn't too long ago that the US dollar was junk and your dollar was performing quite well. It could turn around.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I don't know it wasn't too long ago that the US dollar was junk and your dollar was performing quite well. It could turn around.

We are at a 10? or 20? year record low right now. I doubt highly it will correct in the time it takes peter to produce this playfield... lol. I just know I'd rather buy a new one and sell my old to someone to restore for a couple hundy. makes my life easier than saving the money.

#82 3 years ago

You need to rename your title to F-14 Tomcat if you want more hits. Nobody types in "Tom Cat" as separate words. Also use the hyphen between F and 14

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I've never seen one with a good playfield. It's better to lock in a new playfield and just assume your game will need it when you find one.

Take a gander at this

IMG_20160126_220620405_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160126_220853460_TOP_(resized).jpg

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

F-14 was my first game and I still miss it. A new playfield may put me on the hunt for a replacement...

I remember first meeting you when you were selling it, and Danny and I came over to check it out. You had a tron then also IIRC.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

How are you sourcing the chevron inserts? I thought they were unobtanium.

Two and a half years ago, someone at Illinois pinball found for me the last eight blue ones they had, and I had to order the red ones from Australia. I was very fortunate.

#86 3 years ago

Hello,
I would be very interested in an F-14 playfield ! I have the early version of the game, are there any differences on the playfield then the later version? ! I know the score display is different then the later models.
How much will they be in US Dollars and shipping ? Thanks !!

#87 3 years ago

The early one uses individual lamp sockets under the arrow inserts, while the newer one uses a PCB. The newer one also didnt have the 2 flashers behind the upper TOMCAT targets. Those things shouldnt be much of a problem though, I think.

#88 3 years ago

Thank you. I have just renamed to F-14 Tomcat.

#89 3 years ago

The playfield cost approx. 715 US$
The shipping approx. 105 US$ any were in the USA / Canada

#90 3 years ago

How close are we to the minimum required?

#91 3 years ago

Hello to all

I am still missing 20 orders. But Im going to risk it now, I will order the wood this week. Im sure that a couple of people will still
jump in.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#92 3 years ago

I am in need of one. And am in

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
I am still missing 20 orders. But Im going to risk it now, I will order the wood this week. Im sure that a couple of people will still
jump in.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Awesome!

#94 3 years ago

Great news, Peter!

#95 3 years ago

Please send an email directly to peter@buthamburg.de if you want to be on the list.

#96 3 years ago

very excited!! Thank you Peter.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Earthshaker is being done by CPR.

I'm checking the CPR website every other day to get on the wait list, but no updates. I'd have figured there would be more excitement regarding this?

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from koen12344:

The early one uses individual lamp sockets under the arrow inserts, while the newer one uses a PCB. The newer one also didnt have the 2 flashers behind the upper TOMCAT targets. Those things shouldnt be much of a problem though, I think.

Ok, Thank you koen12344 !! I appreciate the info !
John C.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I've never seen one with a good playfield. It's better to lock in a new playfield and just assume your game will need it when you find one.

I found this one in June of 2015 (my first ever pin) that had been sitting in a garage untouched since 1999.
I know it's not perfect by no means and I'm no pro, but, I consider this playfield to be "good".
Especially if I had someone to remove the mylar, clean/touch it up and clear coat it or whatever the pros do to them.
......Don't get me wrong, if I had $800 plus to spear I would be in for a new one myself. never know, things may change, tomorrow is a new day.

DSCF2242_(resized).JPG

DSCF2241_(resized).JPG

DSCF2240_(resized).JPG

DSCF2239_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenfield, WI
There are 446 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside