Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150701_190804.jpg
image.jpg
gg.jpg
gga.jpg
20150623_141646.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Met pro led finally arrived. Small hole in the box....ripped it wider open. Appeared ok so I signed for it. So. I have a 300 lb brick on a hand cart. Tips? Off pallet first?open in garage, carry in outta box? Thing is big and heavy. Got a friend coming by at 6p to help move it...gonna be a long 3 Hr wait.20150623_141646.jpg20150623_141646.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Cool...met pro was my first NIB also...

#3 8 years ago

Congratulations ! The smell of new wood, fresh paint. What an experience and memory !

LTG : )™

#4 8 years ago

I think you should keep it in the box for 30 years and then sell it on eBay for maximum profit........

Just kidding! play the crap out of that thing. Met is a pretty fun pin.

#5 8 years ago

What'd yall say to get it in? Unpack and assemble in garahe, carry in? Or try to leave it protected in box, bring inside boxed, assemble in house?

#6 8 years ago

I'd have that sucker on all four legs by now! Screw waiting til 6!

Congrats Tom!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Met pro led finally arrived. Small hole in the box....ripped it wider open. Appeared ok so I signed for it. So. I have a 300 lb brick on a hand cart. Tips? Off pallet first?open in garage, carry in outta box? Thing is big and heavy. Got a friend coming by at 6p to help move it...gonna be a long 3 Hr wait.20150623_141646.jpg

I personally don't believe in keeping the box, so I just cut it open while the game is vertical like that, then you can attach the front legs, lower it onto a stool or cart or something and put the back legs on. Keeps it easy.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

What'd yall say to get it in? Unpack and assemble in garahe, carry in? Or try to leave it protected in box, bring inside boxed, assemble in house?

If the box will fit through the door, i'd move it to it's set-up location in the box. It'll be easier while you have the dolly there.

#9 8 years ago

Leave in box set up in game room, easy to mess up your first NIB out of box experience where you do it wrong, and carpet is your friend.

#10 8 years ago

I'd love to have it up now...don't wanna risk messing it up fro.harahe to house solo. I'll prolly try to get it in the house on pallet if it'll fit. Unbox on carpet in house I think...

#11 8 years ago

Agreed. Leave it in box until you have it where you want it. That's of course If it will fit through doorways.

Also, take note of box sides. Put cart on "truck this side only".

Have fun.

#12 8 years ago

3 hrs. 20 min. Waited for 3 weeks of delays from stern...I guess 3 hrs more won't kill me to avoid fucking it up.

#13 8 years ago

Honest question. Doesn't the "Do not truck from this side" on the box mean *not* to load in on the dolly that way?

Edit - refresh thread before posting. Hope nothing bad happened to it. Enjoy the game!

#14 8 years ago

Yea, just noticed that now. Thanks grbgmen....I'll move the dolley. Guy from truck pallet jacked it up for me...nice dude. Threw him a few bucks for lunch. Props to mime over at flipper fidelity as well. Great to work with...put up with my frustration at sterns delays. All around good guy.

#15 8 years ago

Yea..I noticed that when I posted. Guy took it up the driveway from the truck on a pallet jack for me. I just strapped it in, took the pic, then left it till my buddy shows. But I'll move the dolley for sure before we try to move it. Luckily haven't moved it an inch like that

#16 8 years ago

If you haven't watched any pinball unboxing videos on Youtube then I'd recommend doing that. Chris Bucci has some good ones, if I remember correctly.

It's nice to see how it's done before trying to do it yourself.

#17 8 years ago

As others said, if it fits through the doors, leave it in the box, but you can take it off the pallet now. If you bump the doorway or wall with the box, it is usually forgiving, but the pallet i not.

Also, you have the dooly on a side that says "do not truck from this side" so move it to the correct side

#18 8 years ago

CONGRATS AND ENJOY. I too will have my first NIB this year.

#19 8 years ago

I second Aurich. I threw my first NIB box away as well.
You'll tuck it away somewhere until you finally say, "why am I holding on to this? Even if I sell it, I'm not going to put it back in the box"

gg.jpggg.jpg
gga.jpggga.jpg

#21 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies all. I saw the vid for big buck by stern..should be good there. More concerned with moving the heavy ass thing inside the house. With a friend I'm hoping it'll be managable. Will try to get it off the pallet i think, then pull the box in, and unbox it in the house. Hand cart initially on the wrong side was a blessing in disguise. Dust cap popped off when I moved it. Ergo - wheel had a ton of play. I think the cap is broke..but ...put it back on, new cotterpin. Hopefully it holds up for this transport.

#22 8 years ago

You'd think with the amt of $ these things cost they'd pack them a bit better. Flimsy cardboard in a truck..recipe for disaster to me.

#23 8 years ago

Amazing artwork on that game! Congrats!

#24 8 years ago

Cut exterior straps.
Remove box with box cutter. I like to keep side of box with S/N and ship to address for proof of original ownership.
Remove pin from pallet/box bottom.
Secure onto appliance dolly.
Roll into area.
Install front legs.
Lift and install rear legs.
Move into place.
Remove glass and inspect.
Lift playfield and inspect.
Level.
Install balls and play.

#25 8 years ago

TVP ftw so far. I can't wait to play...2 hrs 40 min...

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

More concerned with moving the heavy ass thing inside the house.

Don't worry, one day you'll look back and laugh. You stay in this hobby long enough you move a *lot* of games back and forth.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't worry, one day you'll look back and laugh. You stay in this hobby long enough you move a *lot* of games back and forth.

By far the worst part of the hobby. I HATE the lug.

#28 8 years ago

While you're waiting for your friend, you could go out to Target and pick up a package of Magic Sliders (60mm 4 pack). Makes moving your machine around the room by yourself easy.

#29 8 years ago

1st game on your own NIB metallica is...well...magical. enjoy

#30 8 years ago

Dumb question as this is my first NIB ..it ships with everything i need right? I could pirate some pinballs from another machine if i had to..it never crossed my mind.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

.it ships with everything i need right?

Game, power cord, balls, legs and levelers, etc. etc. Be sure and clean the balls before you put them in.

Everything you'll need to enjoy it.

You will need to have some tools.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Dumb question as this is my first NIB

Incidentally, not a dumb question.

If you don't know something, ask. You'll get answers, learn, and may help others.

Better than not knowing.

#33 8 years ago

NIB ships with everything you need. Though some people like to put premium balls in their machines. You may want to look into any protectors for your machine, plastic protectors and Cliffy protectors for ramps and holes.

#34 8 years ago

Just watch out for the staples on the box

The game will not be set for free play, so you will have to change that

Enjoy

#35 8 years ago

A full set of cliffy's are sitting on top of my WW. Altho - it'll get played a bit before they go in most likely.

#36 8 years ago

While it's still in the box, can you tell me what the dimensions of the box are? Hoping to be getting a Met pro myself soon and wondering if I will be able to get it in the house without taking it out of the box.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from jkroeck25:

While it's still in the box, can you tell me what the dimensions of the box are? Hoping to be getting a Met pro myself soon and wondering if I will be able to get it in the house without taking it out of the box.

Great question. I am in the same boat.

#38 8 years ago

31 ish inches, give or take a half inch on each side. Most front doors are wider. Itll clear my front door, but...not my garage interior door.

#39 8 years ago

Thank you, hope you enjoy the game.

#40 8 years ago

Yes always clean your balls first! Good advice for any hobby. Congrats on the new game. Post a pic of it in its new home when you get it tucked in.

#41 8 years ago

what does one clean a pinball with?

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Windex, 409, just about any cleaner. Rinse and dry.

#43 8 years ago

Damn that was fast. Thanks!

#44 8 years ago

Don't even use the balls from Stern. They are crap.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Don't even use the balls from Stern. They are crap.

naw, you can get a good 20 games in before they look like pitted out pieces of iron ore

#46 8 years ago

Congrats. Too cool. Nice machine. I am on my 4th nib. Awaiting Kiss. I love the smell of new pins. Enjoy!!

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Pinballs come with a film of oil on them to keep them from rusting. Not so sure I would rinse them with water. Pitting and rusting are a playfield's worst enemy but you need to get the oil film off.

You can play with the balls that come with the game for now, but factory pinballs are notorious for being cheap and pitted and it is highly recommended to replace them in the near term.

I buy these balls and replace them after a few hundred plays.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

After thousands of plays, the playfields still look factory perfect.

I buy them for $1.50 each and sell them on craigslist after a few hundred plays for $1.00 each. So my cost if 50 cents per ball. Even a new ball is shitty sometimes so buy a few extra.

#48 8 years ago

I'll order a set. Played a few games. Seems and feels ok. Question tho game specific. It sounds like something near the plunger is firing when I hit the back orbit in either direction ....from the left or right side. Don't recall that happening on location where. I paid to play ot. Those with the game...is that normal?

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

It sounds like something near the plunger is firing when I hit the back orbit in either direction ....from the left or right side

ya, the loop diverter coil fires (back outer orbit), if I am understanding you correctly. funny, I found the plastic tip for that shooter rod in the bottom of my cabinet today when I was playing and testing machines on location as I noticed all my balls were looping the orbit during multiballs (as the loop diverter should pop up and place balls into the pop bumpers for mb).

#50 8 years ago

Thanks. Didn't hear it on location and was shiting bricks thinking something was broke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

7,600 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/delivery-day-first-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.