Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 282 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KingNine
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GZ.jpg
    0.jpg
    fact.jpg
    303241.jpg
    FordMustandFB1.jpg
    FordMustandFB.jpg
    image.jpg
    Melony.jpg
    Hooters.jpg
    MelonPosts13.jpg
    MelonPosts12.jpg
    MelonPosts11.jpg
    MelonPosts14.jpg
    MelonPosts8.jpg
    MelonPosts9.jpg
    MelonPosts10.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

EDIT: If you had your FB post deleted and were lucky enough to get a screen shot before post it here for posterities sake. If you were banned and want to vent this is the place. - End Edit

I shared Stern Pinball's facebook page about their aftermarket add on's and congratulated them on the move to start selling them. I followed with a statement of not going after the other 3rd party market people so they don't alienate themselves. And it was deleted. I reposted it and it was deleted and I was banned. I just bought a $5,000 machine and helped them by sharing the post on our groups pinball page and I get banned? Was this worth a facebook ban? Here is the post (yes it has a typo):

SternPage.jpgSternPage.jpg

#3 9 years ago

I guess I'm not either as I heard they were like social media nazis. It is swell that I can still share their stuff though.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Don't feel bad. Stern banned me on Facebook and Youtube after I complained about the Bevel & Emboss on Star Trek. lol. But I think you are only temporarily banned. Com back in a month or something and you will be able to post again.

Thanks! I hope it isn't permanent. I own a company with a facebook page and I would NEVER delete my customers posts unless there was some moral issue i.e. racist or threatening remarks.

#7 9 years ago

Was your ban temporary?

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I like to see what they post on FB, but I never post a reply, as if I don't just post some "Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!" comment or something equally positive, I figure I may risk the ban hammer, so I figure why bother? I just observe, LOL.

So you have a self imposed ban then. I like it

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can't believe they did that! Moved to Stern sub-forum...

Tigerlaw, Have I ben banned from the "All Pinball" section?

#46 9 years ago

I disagree with the few post saying Facebook is just a marketing site. It is first and foremost a social networking site to keep up with friends and family. It is only in facebooks recent history that business pages have become very popular as the facebook users like to interact with the businesses they like and share these experiences with their friends. I own a business and we have a facebook page. Our customers leave us ratings as well as ask us questions. We answer them all and never delete a one of them. It is commonly know in the business world not to delete or alter user interactions on sites like these as to the damage it does to your reputation. This post and all of these interactions just go to prove that it is a correct theroy as well. Most sites such as Yelp locks the business from doing such stupid things and all of them encourage businesses to post answers back to the customers leaving the questions/complaints/compliments.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

If I had a dime for every time someone made a post on Pinside about how their post on Sterns FB page got deleted, I'd be a very rich man!

I know RobT. I had to do it though. I know they monitor this site and they pissed me off. Now they get to pay with a little hit to their reputation. If I see Gary at IAAPA next month I plan on telling him as well!

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from tl54hill:

I am more troubled that Stern may be infringing on the third party vendors. Their innovation and creativity takes some games to the next level.

I am too! Very much so!

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

At least you admit your real intention.

Yeah, I'm not hiding it. The title and original post is pretty straight forward. They don't value customer feedback. My comment wasn't negative towards them. It congratulated them on the initial idea then states not to go after other 3rd party people as it would alienate themselves. Now they are alienating themselves. I'll think long and hard before giving Gary Stern more money. Each person they piss off is a potential $5,000 to $8,000 sale for them or their distributors. I'm still going to enjoy my machine I just purchased but it will be a long time before I purchase another from them. I'll be looking at the Hobbit or Pat Lawlor's new game before I look at Stern. (Honestly JJP is kind of pissy too. Having a Mod take down Aurich's image of a Hobbit machine that was clearly just a mock up of what he would have liked to have seen)

Quoted from blondetall:

I guess I cant blame them for wanting to keep the comments positive, but it seems deletion would leave a bad taste in future customers' mouths too. I dont plan on buying anything from Stern because I have been priced out of new games anyway, but it does seem like they are going after every dollar they can. I just hope they dont start going after private mod sellers to create a Monopoly on all things Stern related.
    Also, I initially read the thread title as 'Delete This Thread' and almost made it disappear thinking it was an accidental post/duplicate. Oops.

Funny Blondetall. I didn't think about it as a Mod Request title.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

You still don't get it. "Feedback" would be sending them a private message or email. You blasted them in a public *advertisement*. They may very well have heeded your warning and forwarded it directly to Gary for all you know. To expect them to leave such a comment is insane. How have they gone after 3rd party people exactly? By selling really cool parts into the market that they created? Whoa, the nerve of them.

I do get it: Deleting posts and questions on social media is a known No No in the corporate advertising world. They are practicing it and not repsonding to questions and comments as is the best business practice. I just made my post where it is permanent and can't be deleted. I now know how many other people have been banned for silly things as well really stressing the point that businesses shouldn't delete post but respond to them. My business, and any normal business, would have responded to a post like mine similar to this: Thanks for the message _insert name here__. Stern is excited to offer these new aftermarket products as we know how people like to personalize their machines. We also value the other modification makers you referenced as well and think most are doing a great job. However if someone does infringe on a copyright we would unfortunately need to protect it. Thanks for the feedback and hope you enjoy your next Stern pinball!

Oh, and I was in the middle of sending them a message detailing the thougt process much further when I was banned and the message could no longer be sent. I dont' even have a message them option any longer. I'll probably find their corporate email today and send one as well.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Or you could just let it go??? I seriously doubt if they care what you or I think about their social media practices. I also doubt if a killer title came out, anyone in their right mind is going to say "Well, this is my dream theme and it appears to be the best Stern ever(After Metallica of course lol) BUT, they deleted my comments, so I wont be buying it. It is what it is, they own the page and they can do with it what they would like. You can start an ANTI-Stern FB page if you want, that might be a hoot~

I could (and will eventually) but right now I'm not. If I have the money to buy another pin in the next few months you can bet I'll be looking at JJP or Dutch before Stern at this point in time. That is in no way in Stern's best interest. If the dozen or so other people that have mentioned being banned (there are a lot more that have not posted here) do the same thing then Stern has an issue. If it is a killer title you are right. As upset as I am I would consider it but look at Mustang (or any mediocre title that didn't sell well). If people like me, and the other banned users, are on the fence do they buy it or look elsewhere? Even a few percentage points of the high end toys we play with add up to a lot of money. Ulitmately, I would like Stern to stop these communist era practices and realize that social media is just that, social. Interact with your customers and fans and make them feel apart of your business and as if they have an influence with what you are producing. At least JJP lets people know what is up with their titles and looks at feedback and such as the process rolls along. Some suggestions they can use and others they can't. As pissy as they can be they are at least interactive with their customers.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It is the exact opposite of what he said, but it was certainly not the opposite of what he also implied in the same post.

I see your point. Wasn't my intention with it. I was refering to the other companies that send out C&D letters like they are going out of style. The ones everyone complains about when someone makes a part to fix a game that isn't currently being made. Then they get a C&D letter anyway because the company wants the right to do it later but, as we all know, they wont.

Edit: I obviously could have done a better job with the wording and was trying to message them more details about it when the ban hit. The message could not be sent after that.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

U can say that " again " .. Mustang suck'd , It was a Beauty but I wanted it Gone after 30 minutes
    edit: maybe it was 1 hr

I feel ya. I don't really have anything for or against that machine though. I just used it as an example of title that didn't sell well.

Edit: Off topic here but I hear that the LE's play better than the pros. I haven't played one to test the therory.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

I want to give you a comma.

Is that better?

#83 9 years ago

I've screen shot the entire post up to this point in time. It is about 20 images. If the posts disappear I'll post them up here in the official Delete This Stern! thread.

Warning it is long - Sorry. So many people were complaining about posts being deleted I had to go ahead and post it for posterities sake

#84 9 years ago

There is way too many post to go through and see what is being deleted. If you want to read them before Stern redacted them here is what I have. It isn't perfect and at the end I miss a few

MelonPosts1a.jpgMelonPosts1a.jpg
    MelonPosts1b.jpgMelonPosts1b.jpg
    MelonPosts1c.jpgMelonPosts1c.jpg
    MelonPosts1d.jpgMelonPosts1d.jpg

#85 9 years ago

MelonPosts1e.jpgMelonPosts1e.jpg
    MelonPosts1f.jpgMelonPosts1f.jpg
    MelonPosts1.jpgMelonPosts1.jpg
    MelonPosts2.jpgMelonPosts2.jpg

#86 9 years ago

MelonPosts3.jpgMelonPosts3.jpg
    MelonPosts4.jpgMelonPosts4.jpg
    MelonPosts5.jpgMelonPosts5.jpg
    MelonPosts6.jpgMelonPosts6.jpg

#87 9 years ago

MelonPosts7.jpgMelonPosts7.jpg
    MelonPosts8.jpgMelonPosts8.jpg
    MelonPosts9.jpgMelonPosts9.jpg
    MelonPosts10.jpgMelonPosts10.jpg

#88 9 years ago

MelonPosts11.jpgMelonPosts11.jpg
    MelonPosts12.jpgMelonPosts12.jpg
    MelonPosts13.jpgMelonPosts13.jpg
    MelonPosts14.jpgMelonPosts14.jpg

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Jeez man give it a break. No one cares. Thread drained.

Glad to see you go and feel the need to let us know. Do you have any idea what is going on on their page right now? This is a fairly big issue with over 150 post in a little over an hour. We care as this company needs to learn and get into the 18th century from their 17th century thinking. Al Gore will role over in his grave after he dies when he learns how Stern is treating his precious internet he invented.

#92 9 years ago

Now if anyone wants to see what was posted up to this point there it is. I'm done and getting back to life today. Enjoy if you posted there and now are banned today.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Ev'ry picture tells a story don't it.

Boy could we get a ton of discussion on that topic!

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

That is a risky title for Stern to do - I don't mind it, but I am a guy
    I frankly don't want that pin in my game room. If you do, fine, but I can see how that may get a few folks rattled.

The main topic here is Stern deleting posts and banning people but it's hard not to discuss what the topics are they are deleting and banning people from. I understand your point but I'd rather have it in my game room over a The Walking Dead and I'm a HUGE fan of that show. I'd be self concious evertime friends and family visited and looked at it over a Whoa Nellie. (Not that I'll have either at this point)

#101 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the point is that Stern banned one of their customers who just last week bought a $5,000 game from them (I know they bought the game from them, I just played it last week at their place). That really is outrageously bad PR and I would be offended to if I were them.
    Of course, I say this and I'm also really mad at Stern right now myself over the armor upgrade for TWDLE . . . that basically upped the price by $500 to have the best armor. I'm almost to the point where I'm done with Stern in general, which is a shame as I've had a lot of good experiences with Stern as well.

You hit the nail on the head Tiger. And how apropos that the next day they post "Whoa Nellie" that gets a shit storm of negative comments from the sexism crowd. There was no way I couldn't screen shot it and keep it for posterities sake. This thread is the perfect repository for Stern FB screen shots before they get redacted. I got three personal thank you's from people for doing it. Maybe if I have time I'll go count how many posts were deleted out of the thread that I captured. Might be an interesting number to learn. People on the FB page were getting so pissed off that their posts were being deleted in this day and age which is why I created this thread. Stern signed up for a "social media" account and expects people to treat it like it is thier personal property. That isn't how social media works. My hope is that as they monitor Pinside (and we know they do) they will learn how much they are turning off a crowd of loyal customers in a hobby that needs more, not less, of them. All it takes is for enough of their employees to keep suggesting to Gary they need to change their habits. I'd be willing to bet a few have but met with great resistance. Now they can have evidence that we are pissed off when they bring it up.

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I frankly would ban any customer who facebook posts,
    with poor sentence structure, that's just me, if I had a pinball company that is...

You wouldnt sale many pinballs than wood you?

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

No, I get the point. When you have an issue with someone you talk to them directly. What you don't do is air out you issues in a open forum where some future customers may see it. Take it up directly with Stern, not on one of their advertising outlets. I was going to be a customer of TWD but just don't like how the game looks, plays, drains, sound, etc. I moved on and wished all TWD the best and still do. Again, a lot of butthurt going on.

It isn't an advertising outlet. It is a "social media" page. Designed for interactions between businesses and fans or customers. Their reaction is always a "head in the sand" approach. Plus I've messaged them as well and had no response. In fact I've sent them emails over the past few years on many a subject and have never been graced with a reply. Thanks though.

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

People are so sensitive nowadays and run to Facebook to vent about each and every little thing that gets them slightly annoyed. It's made the newsfeed almost unreadable most days.
    I get being upset with a company, a place of business, your neighbor, the local school district, your kid's coach, etc. Take it up with them directly. See if the problem can be solved through actual, in-person, human interaction.
    Just quit the whining on Facebook. You'd think these people had nothing else going on in their lives with the way they obsess about the dumbest things.
    I prefer to see the big picture and see the glass as half full vs...wait...my glass is almost empty?!? Dammit!!! I'm gonna go post that on Facebook!

That's great but how does that relate to a company deleting comments and questions then banning users? We're not talking about users that said bad things but some that just asked questions about code updates. Also, If a company is filling up your news feed its an easy fix to turn off notifications from them or simply unlike them.

The Facebook page is where you are supposed to ask things of a company. Stern has no other recourse to do so reliably. Please don't say email as they don't respond to those either. One phone call from me does not show them they are doing something wrong. Many post on here from people saying they were wronged might.

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

They own their page and can allow or reject anything they want. Yes Stern is using a social media site for advertising. You think they are there to catch up with old high school friends or to make new friends? They are on Facebook to push a product, update customers from time to time, and get the Stern name shared/linked to the biggest social network on the planet. Gotta let it go guy, they didn't like your post.

Quoted from Roostking:

Do you really not think this is an advertising medium for them? If it was a social page, Gary himself, or the designers or programmers would be interacting with the public. They are not. Its just another medium for advertising.

First, this isn't just about me. This is about Stern's Facebook practices. I know at the beginning of the thread it is more slanted to asking if I personally should have been banned. I could go change it but that is revisionist history. The main point is, should stern be deleting and banning innocuous comments from customers.

Second, have you guys not read my earlier posts? It is against all social media advertising protocols to act the way they do on their page. The pages are there to talk about their products as is all business pages. However, most businesses would never delete and ban a customers comment. They would respond to all questions and comments in a timely professional manner. The trail of comments is there for any customer to see that they respond and care about what all of their customers think. So if you think Facebook is nothing but an advertising outlet for corporations you are sadly misinformed.

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You guys are pretty funny in your expectations of Stern's Facebook.
    I work for a company that does billions in sales.
    If you post anything on our Facebook page that is a criticism, a direction "You guys oughta...", a technical question, looking for employment, or anything else that is not front page material - you are getting instantly deleted.
    After being deleted, you get a PM directing you where you would be better served:
    Suggestions, directions and criticisms are all sent to our forum. Our forum is where you can throw out ideas, see if others have tried something, complain about the latest firmware, suggest changes....
    Questions are directed to our help desk system. We have a toll free number, new customer relations, online manuals, FAQ, forum, service bulletins, even FAX-back (remember that???).
    Employment questions are sent to our Human Resource page (believe me, you are not getting hired if you asked on Facebook, rather than going to the "Careers" page on our website, LOL.)
    -
    According to our boss, Facebook is our front lawn.
    It has to be perfectly groomed. No weeds or trash is ever going to be allowed to be seen by the public.
    We have 2 full time Facebook employees that maintain our page. They are the groundskeepers.
    They are not qualified to answer any questions or address any criticisms ; just like the groundskeepers at our physical headquarters. The guy mowing the lawn can probably tell you what door to go in, but you should not think that he is qualified to answer your protest of our overseas labor practices.
    -

Vid. That is a good analogy. I appreciate the point of view. Thanks for not telling me to "move along" lol. I don't treat our FB page the way your company does and will not. The big distinction is your company communicates to the person in violation of your policies where as Stern has never communicated with me and seems to never communicate to the others complaining here. They don't even respond to emails I've sent asking questions or suggesting themes etc... I promote them by sharing their posts on our groups pinball page all the time and buy their products. Most of the banned users are customers as well. Stern just needs to communicate, just like your company seems to do, and make their customers feel appreciated even if they feel the need to delete posts. I still contend that deleting posts is a terrible idea and there are many articles in the corporate world that back it up. I've also been to seminars at conventions that teach what I'm talking about. I'm sure there are a few that back up the front yard theory as well. Ultimately and hopefully Stern will soften their stance and start communicating.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Never said NOTHING BUT. I do hope you get a response from Stern on why you were deleted and banned.

You didn't but there are a bunch of posts that alude to that theory. Sorry I lumped you with the others.

Quoted from kid_ego:

You're right. I probably veered off-track there a bit, but that was based on the inclusion of the Whoa Nellie related stuff you posted on here from people going awol on that thread.
    I will just never understand the reaction to stuff like this online. I see the Stern Facebook page as a company controlled marketing tool that they can do anything with as they see fit, including the removal of posts they deem outside the scope of what they want to see on their page. Maybe it means they'd be better off turning off commenting altogether. I don't know.
    I get that others feel completely different in how they manage their page. I respect your opinion, even if I disagree.
    At the end of the day, I'm not going to let it affect my pinball purchasing decisions.

Thanks and it's hard not to veer off track and discuss what the Stern topic is that is causing the deletes and bans. I really didn't want others to get together and stop buying from Stern but show that I, and others like me, might think twice about buying from Stern because of this. Why, when JJP is making really cool looking machines and cutting into their market, would they alienate potential buyers of their goods? It makes no business sense to me and their facebook tactics are short sighted instead of looking at the big picture. IMHO

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from tl54hill:

I think one of the lessons to Stern should be if you don't want comments, don't have a Facebook page. There is a reason the format allows for comments...it is a dialogue, not simply a broadcast. They can send an email blast, or pay for in-page online ads if they want it to be a one way street.
    I understand they want the best of both worlds, but the consequence is pissing off repeat customers that drop $5000+ on their product.

Ding Ding Ding - We have a winner!!

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

What new theme suggestion are you going to possibly have, that Stern is not already aware of?

That is a no win question.
    Since Stern can't confirm or deny they thought of it, we will never know.

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
    Before you had ever even saw that first clip of the new Starwars7, Stern's Licensing Department already had read the script and had seen the storyboard art.

"Whoa Nellie" Vid. You can't possibly believe Stern has a list of every possible theme ever created known to man? I.e. Janitor Man - Ramp shot is clean up on aisle 9, a scoop shot that unclogs the toilet and starts mop head multiball. I know that analogy is way overboard but there is no way Stern knows it all.

Edit: The analogy above was a joke and I know it isn't a liscensed theme. - The more I reread your post to me the more I get offended. I don't like the tone of "your not good enough to come up with a theme they haven't thought of" in your post. Plus it isn't relative to my topic of this thread in the least bit. All theme's don't have to be Movie's or TV shows. Asking me what possible ideas I could have is insulting and is below you Vid! For your information I know a couple of independent film producers. Many films are shot and produced then brought to a major film company for distribution. So I do know of two or three movies at the moment that Stern has no idea exists as the producers haven't even approached a movie company to distribute it. I also am privie to their TV show sizzle reels they made to pitch to multiple TV companies like Discovery and HBO.

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Ok i think you guys are missing the point. I was kidding around with him. I wasn't the only one ribbing him about it. He's swift with the ban hammer. That's all.

No No your point is fine

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

No reason to get offended.
    You don't work in Licensing, so it is not your area of expertise.

I do believe you certainly COULD come up with a theme that Stern has not thought of.
    But Stern does not build games around themes, they ONLY do LICENSED THEMES with INTERNATIONAL APPEAL.
    Gary has stressed this point for many years now.

Now to be of service to Stern, how could you give Stern's Licensing Department 15 months notice about these movie's commercial debuts?
    Stern needs 12-15 months to produce a pinball title, so you would need very early permission from the film's producers to shop the theme option to Stern.
    If the movie has not found distribution yet, Stern may be cautious in investing the over one million dollars in pinball production costs on a yet unproven theme.
    It's kind of a Catch22, but if you can swing it, there could be a nice percentage in it for you......

Ok, again, this has nothing to do with my topic and is still on the condescending side. My whole point is that Stern needs to respond to, and not ignore, customers. Their practices are barbaric in today's world. As I stated, I've been to many education classes on business protocol in the social media world. The only thing Stern has done right was set up a Facebook page. Their management of it is terrible. Every interaction a prospective customer has with a company needs to be positive, helpful or informative in some way. Negative is NEVER an acceptable customer reaction. I'll repeat it, NEGATIVE is NEVER acceptable!! Will there be negative reactions? Sure, no one or no company can avoid it all together. But it doesn't mean you go out there and create the negative reactions yourself. That is plain stupid. Negative reactions should be treated as opportunites to show off how much you care about their concerns and how good your customer service is. Even if the negative problem doesn't get fixed it can be abated by good communication.

#142 9 years ago

This is long but I've cut the unimportant parts that didn't pertain to this discussion. Stern needs to read this! It is from an article I found on connecting with customers in both social and standard mediums.

14 Proven Ways to Connect With Customers

Today, there are more ways than ever to connect with customers. ...
    Data integration is often underestimated and poorly implemented, taking time and resources.

1. Survey your customers.

2. Use newsletters.

3. Blog. "One of the best ways to connect with customers is by blogging," says Deborah Sweeney, CEO, MyCorporation.com, an incorporation and trademarking service. "If you actively keep up a quality blog, not only will your customers read your blog, but they will respond to your blog," she notes. "This creates a positive flow of communication"--and helps build customer loyalty.

4. Pick up the phone.

5. Go visit.

6. Respond to email. "At our company, we make it our goal to respond to customer emails within five minutes, and the response we receive from our customers is usually something like 'Wow, that was fast' or 'Fastest response I've ever received. Thanks so much," says Giancarlo Massaro, the cofounder of ViralSweep, which provides businesses tools to create giveaways on their website. "How has this helped us? People love amazing customer service and in turn have been referring people to our service, all because of our customer service."

7. Send a personalized note or a postcard.

8. Be active on Twitter and Facebook. "One of the best ways to connect with customers is through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter," says Ian Aronovich, cofounder and president, GovernmentAuctions.org, a site that compiles and provides information about government auctions of seized and surplus merchandise from all over the country.

"With social media, you can reach out to your customers at any moment rather than wait for customers to send you emails or phone calls with feedback," Aronovich says. Use your company's Facebook fan page or Twitter account to "engage your followers and keep conversations going. Social media can also be used as a form of customer service, where company representatives can directly answer customer questions and concerns," he says.

“It's critical to have a social media listening post to quickly respond to each issue that arises," notes Chuck Wall, founder and CEO, Customer CEO Consulting. "You may not be able to solve their specific problem, but don't ignore them. They will give you credit for listening and acknowledging their situation."

9. Use Instagram.

10. Offer webinars.

11. Empower salespeople.

12. Provide exceptional customer service. "One of the most powerful tools an organization has to connect with its customers is its employee base," says Rick DeMarco, managing director, West Coast Operations, Inward Strategic Consulting, a marketing, branding and positioning firm."Every interaction between a customer and employee, whether that is pre-sale, the actual sales process, after sales support or billing, provides an opportunity to either add or detract from the equity of your brand and company," DeMarco says. "Significant empirical evidence exists that makes a direct connection between employee engagement and satisfaction and customer satisfaction and loyalty." So one of the best ways to connect and engage with customers, he says, is to "turn your employees into company ambassadors and brand advocates who deliver on your brand promise and business strategy at every single customer touch point."

13. Go mobile.

14. Monitor review sites. "Whether it's Yelp, TripAdvisor or Angie's List, find out what customers are saying about your business [on review sites]," says Lisa Parkin, president of Social Climber, LLC, a social media consultancy.

"Responding to customer reviews on these popular sites shows that your company is aware of any problems and is willing to fix them," Parkin says. However, she urges caution when replying to negative comments. Instead of being defensive or picking a fight, try to understand and offer to fix the problem or provide an inducement for the customer to try your product, service or establishment again.

Jennifer Lonoff Schiff is a business and technology writer and a contributor to CIO.com. She also runs Schiff & Schiff Communications, a marketing firm focused on helping organizations better interact with their customers, employees and partners.

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Oh please.... Try posting anything mildly critical on JJP's Facebook and see how long it lasts. The most hypersensitive company I've ever seen.
    More Stern bashing on Pinside? I'm shocked!

I'm cool with people complaining about JJP deleting posts here as well. I don't interact with them much to know if they are as bad as Stern or not. The big issue is if either of them are doing it they should stop. It is bad business no matter how many people say "it is their page and they can do what they want". I wan't to keep buying pinball machines in the future and if they treat customers this way they won't be selling them but for a few more years. (please don't reply to this and say a few is hard set to 3 and I'm crazy to think they would close in three years. You know what I mean) It will start slow and build and when it hits critical mass it will be too late for them to realize what they've done and fix it.

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You will probably have to call Stern and make an appointment to speak with Gary directly.
    Gary is great on the phone, you will enjoy his frankness.
    No one here on Pinside is going to be able to implement the above changes you believe need to be made at Stern.

You seem to know a lot of people there. I nominate you to call since you think the phone is the best way to get them to see how many people the've upset. With your gravitas they'll listen more than if just I call.

#153 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Good gravy. To the op, I am thinking you might as well bow out of this. While most agree with you, most don't care. I am totally jumping too conclusions here, but you show 11 pins in your collection, congrats, but you also appear to be either in high school or taking business 101 classes and probably from a well-off family, so you have yet to face the cruel, heartless world. You for sure have a keen ability to wiki "Social Media do's and don'ts".. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish? Stern probably has a FB page cause its "the thing to do" but I'm sure they dont care much about it. I still do not think that anybody is going to pass up a dream theme because Stern deleted and or banned them.
    I do wish you luck on your crusade though!

I think what "I'm trying to accomplish" is fairly well stated in most of my posts. It is bad business practice plain and simple. It will catch up with them eventually. There are a limited number of pinball purchasers in the world and banning them and ignoring them is not in Sterns best interest. Anyone that thinks it is has a proverbial screw loose in my opinion.

If I bow out as you suggest then Stern (and from what I'm learning JJP) will keep up their arcane social practices. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. All of the people who like Stern banning people and posting to let it go will just propagate the practice further. It's a free country and and
    anyone can feel free to keep disagreeing with me here but it's not helpful to the cause if you really agree with it.

I also find it humorous how many people like to throw in snide comments about me either blatantly or hidden in condescending innuendo. They are not helpful, but hurtful, and truly show who they are hidden behind that keyboard. I do not need to defend my age, my business acumen or intelligence. I have a clear point and that is Stern should stop doing what they are doing.

#168 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

This is known info.
    Also they should have told you that most bans are not permanent. Just a day or so.
    So the fact that 11 are currently banned is still a bit ridiculous.
    I would love to know the number of post deleted over the past week. Not the currently banned.

Exactly, how many does that extrapolate to over a year? The deleted post number must be astronomical. In the hundreds this year as they deleted massive amounts last week alone. Let's look back at our marketing lesson again shall we:

“It's critical to have a social media listening post to quickly respond to each issue that arises," notes Chuck Wall, founder and CEO, Customer CEO Consulting. "You may not be able to solve their specific problem, but don't ignore them. They will give you credit for listening and acknowledging their situation."

Be sure to cover your study guides and read the chapter as we will be having a test next class.

#169 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I think they meant that 11 people are permanently banned.

I can understand a permanent ban for the extreme cases of malfeasance. Threats, Racism etc.... no room anywhere for that sort of stuff.

#175 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

My friend posted his totally wrecked Focus picture and said "I can't believed I walked away from this with only a bloody nose", and they deleted it.
    To me, that would be a great testament to Ford's safety, but clearly Ford did not like it.

You are right! That is a great testament for the car. That is publicity you can't buy. Where in the world did you get the numbers of deleted post from Ford?

Also I should mentioned above about banned users for extreme malfeasance would also extend to posts.

Now knowing a company would delete posts for extreme malfeasance Ford has sooo many more people to deal with. 187 times as many people in fact. Stern has 15,000 likes to Fords main page of 2,800,000 likes. Out of that many people 25,000 posts (if correct) is less than 1% of their likes in a year. Stern is probably already surpassed 1% of their page likes with post deletes in the last few months. I agree with the post above that car fanatics are probably WAY more diverse than pinheads and there are probably more people who are likely to make threatening, racist, sexist or vile offensive posts than we have. At least I'd like to think so although I know we have them too. (Like the people who made the YouTube videos I used to enjoy before they got bad)

#176 9 years ago

Also, thanks for bringing Ford up as an example. They do exactly what they are supposed to do. They respond to Facebook fans and have open dialogues with them making them feel appreciated and building brand loyalty.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #177 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Ford deletes over 25,000 posts a year.
    You would think that car drivers would be smarter than pinheads (you have to obtain a license to drive a car).

OMG, how did I miss this comment? I guess it's because I'm a pinhead and not as smart as a car driver. Wait, I do have a state issued license so I am smart.

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Obviously, all of those Ford comments were in some way fawning over the car they owned. None of those appear to be complaints or suggestions on how to fix a Ford car.
    I ask again, what was the response from Stern when you emailed or called them with your concerns?

Doesn't matter what the comments are and who made up a rule that complaints and suggestions are the only factor to get responses? Find one from Stern on their page interacting with a fan/owner. The point is Ford interacts with their facebook users making them feel good and building brand loyalty.

I never said I would call or email them about this issue specifically. If you are trying to back me into a corner asking it go ahead. Vid insisted on a phone call or email approach. I've stated earlier they have never responded to any email from me or others I've spoken to. You can feel free to try your hand at it but I won't bang my head on that wall again. Also, according to Vid you can call Gary directly and enjoy his frankness.

#182 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ford has money to pay some high school kids to say" Wow Awesome" Great Pic!!!!!!! Stern does not, so they probably areny going to be overly social. Get on Fords page and post a pic of their new truck burning to the ground and I bet it gets yanked too.
    I'm not trying to get you to do anything, but maybe you will get to hear a human voice when you make your suggestion, as opposed to posting on a commercial err social website. And I have contacted Stern and got new drop targets sent the next day, but I didnt ask them through facebook.

I'm not saying facebook is a way of getting parts and service. I wouldn't try to get parts and service from a social media site. And I highly doubt Ford is paying high school kids to say "wow" and "great" or whatever. Stern obviously has someone reading every post so they can delete them. Not much harder to type a few things to their fans as well.

#188 9 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

WOW, really? It's Sterns web page to do whatever they want. Simple as that. I'm draining this useless thread after I post this. LOL

I think you are just plain "special" and don't have to be lit to make post like that. As much as I might be dissagreeing with some people here they are here talking about it. Not posting a snide comment and running away. Andy BTW, it isn't their web page it is their social media facebook page.

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I'm one and proud memeber of the FB 11 dude!...banned last year for bashing them for the unfinished code. But forget about Stern's FB page, nothing going on there.

What is sad is that there could be. A little interaction could make it much better. As it stands it is just a glorified web page with stuff they don't want to put on their webpage directly.

#191 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

3 out of 8 responses on the pic you posted start with awesome lol. Doesnt take much skill to do that job..

If that is all they do is post day in and day out and start each thing with awesome it wouldn't take much skill. You do realize that is just from one section of one thread on their page right? I'm sure I can go find some other more meaningful interactions if you really make me do it. But the intereactions, however worded, prove my point anyway. Ford is responding and Stern isn't

#192 9 years ago

Well I couldn't help but go look to see and the first Ford Facebook page I went to was their Mustang page. It has 8,036,000 likes. WOW! Add that to the 2,800,000 from the main page and the numbers are getting astronomical. If you add just those two pages together the 25,000 deleted posts are just .0023% of their likes. Look what their high school students can post:

FordMustandFB.jpgFordMustandFB.jpg

I didn't need to scroll long amounts of posts to find it. Their high school students are posting meaningful messages to their followers on the first post I saw! They didn't even delete the post from the person saying they didnt' like the shirts. Stern would have that down in seconds. Here is what Ford did instead:

FordMustandFB1.jpgFordMustandFB1.jpg

I appologize for the condescending tone of this post in advance. I'm just so tired of the people trying so hard to prove I'm wrong and that Stern should have free reign to delete, not respond and ban at will on a social media site they chose to participate in. Of course they have the right to do it but is still is bad business!

EDIT: I took out some of the condescending post at the begining. I don't like revisionist history but I thought it was rather arrogant and insulting so I removed it. Sorry!

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I don't think anyone is trying to prove you wrong.
    Pinsiders are just trying to point out to you that different companies use Facebook in different ways.
    One company might be more conservative than Stern, another might be more lax.
    Some companies have a single employee that maintains their Facebook for a few minutes a week, other companies have 25 full time Facebook employees that monitor 24/7.
    Some companies don't let people leave any comments at all.
    -
    So quit worrying about Stern's Facebook, or that people are trying to prove you right or wrong.
    There is no right or wrong, it's friggin' Facebook, and before that it was Myspace, and before that it was Geocities, and before that.....

That sounds good but if that were true you and the others would not have been trying to point out things that made my theory incorrect. Using different techniques of condescension or blatantly implying that I'm stupid and wrong. I fell prey to being condescending in my last post but honestly had one too many to drink last night when I made it. I've tried to keep my posts above board as much as possible.

For you to say "It's just Facebook" is a statement from someone who doesn't understand the importance of social media today. Business, and the world we conduct it in, is changing. It's not just Facebook, but a myriad of similar sites, and Stern will use these same practices on any of them if they aren't already. (I have no idea if they are utilizing the other social sites as of this post) The practices are giving their customers negative experiences and I am obviously one of them. How can a business think it is a good idea to give negative experiences to their customers on a daily basis? The big picture is that pinball doesn't have much room for it. How many customers can you piss off before your sales figures hurt. Ford obviously values the posts from their customers and responds in kind just as I showed above. Can Ford make that lady like the shirts? No. But they responded and asked if she had seen the rest of the collection. It doesn't fix the lady's problem of not liking the shirts but she knows she's been heard. Stern doens't need 25 full time employees to maintain a page with just 15,000 likes. They already pay someone to monitor it or else how could they delete every posts and ban users. In less time than it takes to anaylize every post on the worthiness of staying or not they could have just typed a response to those people.

#195 9 years ago

My ban has been lifted. The crusade wasn't about my ban being lifted though. Stern really needs to get on the bandwagon of how to operate in today's world.

#200 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I know why kids used to like Facebook (they are obviously done with it : http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/10/teenagers-messenger-apps-facebook-exodus ) but I can't understand why any adults would bother with Stern's page.

Kids are always looking for a new place that their parents won't be able to monitor their activities. As I said before, most companies are moving to those sites and apps as well. Stern might have, I don't know. If they haven't they should and they should change their practices while doing so. It isnt' just a facebook thing dude. It is the entire social media thing. Facebook just happens to be the medium we were discussing the problem with and the one Stern is doing the wrong thing with. Your oppinion of why anyone would use it isn't relevant. Obviously 15,000 people want to interact with them on it.

Quoted from vid1900:

It's been like that since Cain killed Able.

And once the wheel got itself developed, look out !

C'mon man, the point was how rapidly things are changing and they aren't even close now to the way business has been conducted in the past 300 years. The past 10 years has been a renaissance of how business works.

Quoted from vid1900:

The best negative experience web site is Priceline.

You name your own price, and most of the time you get nothing.

So I get a negative experience almost every time I use it.

Amazing, yet I keep going back.

In the same way, you keep going back to Stern's page to see if you can post again, so clearly Stern has you firmly in it's maw.

Not even remotely similar.

Yes I've checked to see if and when I would be reinstated. We do a lot with our local pinball group (and all the other nearby groups around our area) on facebook keeping up with each other and all the local tournaments and games for sale. Tons of great information gets dissemenated to all us "kids" on facebook.

Quoted from vid1900:

The Ford Facebook employees are just toying with that woman.

They know she is an idiot for even posting that she does not like the shirt design (Who cares that she does not like something???), so they are laughing their asses off showing her where to look for other designs.

Anyone with even 1% of their brain functioning would be able to find additional Ford T-shirt designs , without Facebook assistance.

BUT, maybe that's the point of Facebook.

It might appeal more to people who are constantly looking for approval, looking for other's opinions, looking for direction.

Well wow. There is just so much wrong here where would you start? Was the plan to confuse people?

I'm quite sure Ford values each customer and understands how each interaction with someone is as important as is the one for the sale of the car. Your company may toy with customers and pander to them and talk about them being idiots but Ford doesn't. It is a professionaly run corporation.

As for the facebook comment, you obviously want to keep proving your lack of understanding of social media and all of its uses both personal and professional. I am far from a facebook fan and really only use it to keep up with this hobby I love and a few friends and family. The point is while you might not like it and use it, that doesn't mean the rest of the world does not like it and use it. It is there and being used and Stern is utilizing it in a poor fashion. Once again I want to see Stern utilize it in a fashion that promotes customer loyalty not to turn them away. (This goes for any social media not just facebook)

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

So Stern's Facebook allowing you to post was important with your local pinball group?

I don't understand Social Media I guess, because I don't see the connection.

No, your not missing it here. Your just confusing the two as if they are related. I was saying what I personally use facebook for most of the time and since we are discussing Stern you thought they were tied together. Our local group does a lot of communicating with each other via facebook and it is a great medium for it. We have about 90 members all talking about pinball, collections, tournaments, repair etc... Even with the ban I was able to share Stern information with the other members if I chose to do it. My concern is that Stern is upsetting people for no good reason when it is so easy to keep them either happy or at least complacent. Why go out of the way to upset customers as a business model?

Quoted from vid1900:

Once again, there is no one on Pinside that can help you with that.

You are probably correct unless the magical person at Stern that can affect change reads this. I'm looking for the power of the group to hold Stern to a higher standard. I dont want to be the person on the sidelines at the Boston Tea Party laughing and saying "What do those guys think they will accomplish throwing that tea overboard. What a waste of good tea."

Quoted from vid1900:

I don't have any friends or family.

When I die, they will only find what's left of me that my dogs have not eaten.

Now that is funny!

Quoted from vid1900:

I'm telling you, every few years there is a disruptive innovation that changes how business works.

It's nothing new.

I agree with you here as well. It is just how rapid business has changed in a wholesale way that is amazing. Most other changes have taken centuries and or decades to take full affect and this is happening so rapidly its crazy. Businesses are starting to adapt and things are changing before they finish adapting. We're really talking about the same thing and I think whatever the original point was is now lost in this.

And, Vid, as much as you might have me wanting to pull my hair out some days on this thread I commend you for staying and discussing your points. You are a stalwart of the forum and your repair series are second to none. I am amazed at your knowledge on other subjects as well such as photography. (I believe it was you discussing photography skills on the thread where the other idiots were bashing the poor girls posing for the calendar. ) I truly don't understand the people who feel the need to announce they will drain a thread after they make the post saying how much they think your post is stupid. It's kind of akin to a kid grabbing his toys and going home.

#207 9 years ago
    Quoted from marcos:

That was here in Champaign, several years ago, where Hooters opened a new location. The Hooters girls were bringing out free drinks to the protester(s).
    How does this relate to pinball? I operated an X-Men LE at that exact location for a few months last year, before the regional manager demanded it be removed immediately. Why? To give an exact quote: "Pinball belongs in dive bars." That was one of the funniest and most ridiculous things I have ever heard about pinball. Because, you know...Hooters is classy, and stuff.
    -Mark

303241.jpg 40 KB

Thanks for the laugh! Are you the one that posted that pic in the "Robins Gone" thread?

#211 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Why should stern respond to customers suggestions of themes? Its their company they can do what they want, including running a FB that bans people from posting. If FB did not want users to be able to delete and ban users there wouldn't be an option for it.

Why wouldn't they? Anyway we've established it's their page and they can do what they want. It just so happens doing what they want is not a good idea. Obviously they can't respond to every post but they delete posts regularly and it goes against business and marketing principles to do so. I don't know many business schools teaching business 101 that teaches students its a good idea to make customers upset on a daily basis.

As to why would FB give people the ability to delete and ban: Threats, Racism, Porn....

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I remember it slightly differently.

fact.jpg 14 KB

ROFL

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Problem is, when you are basically the only game in town, pun intended, Stern can do what they want. You either buy their product, or you dont buy ANY of that product. Yes, there are some boutique makers out there coming on strong, but they arent putting out the # of games Stern is. So you either accept that this is how they operate this part of their marketing strategy, you stick to your guns and never buy another NIB pinball game for $5,000(cause no boutique makers are even in that price range) or you accept this is how they operate this part of their marketing strategy and you buy a game in the $5,000 range. Either way, its up to you.
    Ford has to be nice, because there are a ton of other car makers out there. Stern, eh, not so much..

That is a good point. There sure is no harm in trying to help them help themselves though. And if Stern really operates under the "eh, not so much" theory then whole hearted Screw Them is in order. If that is the case then the boutique manufacturers will gain steam fairly quickly as Stern continues down a path of destruction. I don't think that is the case though. Stern is just mis guided in how to operate a social media site and are probably patting themselves on the back that they have one and have 15,000 followers at the moment.

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Again, I'm sorry your banned from their FB page but you gotta let this go. Large business will do what they want for mass appeal, not to make 1 guy happy.

Quoted from phishrace:

Complaining about facebook is like complaining that it hurts when you hit yourself in the head with a hammer. Stop doing it.

Apparently the two of you haven't read most of the thread. Just the first post or two then post back here. The main point is that Stern has a social media page on Facebook. They delete and ban users on a daily basis. This is a known mistake in the corporate advertising/marketing world. We have a hobby with a limited numbers of customers. Pissing them off is not in anyones best interest. Your's, mine, Sterns, no ones! If they sell a couple fewer pins each time then they will make up the difference in price increases. If they piss off enough people it could reach a tipping point which, again, is no good for anyone.

Quoted from dantebean:

Just because you laugh at something, doesn't make you an expert at comedy.
    Just because you play pinball, doesn't make you an expert in developing/designing/budgeting/engneering/innovating/............ pinball machines for a multi-million dollar company.

You have no idea what my qualifications are and "developing/designing/budgeting/engineering/innovating........pinball machines" has nothing to do with this thread nor do I have aspirations to do any of it.

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You've got to keep your front yard clean.
    One kid always throws his Red Bull cans into the pond on my front lawn.
    Even though I know it pisses the kid off, my lawn guy cleans them out.
    I'd rather have 99% of my neighbors happy, and have a nice looking home, than worry about the one retarded kid.

Keeping it clean and running a communist state are two different things lol. Vid, you and I have discussed this ad nauseam at this point haven't we?

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Wait, you posted critically on THEIR FB page and they deleted it.
    (hint...hint...hint....)
    So you reposted the same exact thing that they deleted? Hmmm. Did you think they just didnt understand you the first time?
    And you're wondering why they banned you?
    I haven't seen anyone get so worked up about a facebook page since my 11-year old started using it.... btw, she outgrew it about a year later....

I don't think I posted critically and I reposted really because I didn't think it got posted the first time. I was wondering if they really deleted it or if I didnt hit the post button on the phone correctly. I was unaware of how bad their reputation was about it till I reposted it and was told by someone that they deleted it on purpose and would probably ban me now. Sure enough within minutes the prediction came true. I have never seen a professional organization run a page in this manner and it is stunning how many people accept it as ok behavior. I have explained how it isn't in acceptable norms of today's marketing world and shown great examples of how a page should be run. Too many people are just jumping on the "sour grapes" theory without an understanding of what is truly the topic here.

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

On Pinball Arcade's Facebook, folks post table suggestions, bug reports, constructive criticism and unhinged rants. Pinball Arcade's Facebook guy often responds to all of these. If it's a bug, they will say if they're aware of it and working on it, or if they need more information from the person reporting. If it's a table request, they will often say "no chance" or "maybe". If it's a technical problem, they offer an email to write and get help. They don't respond to everyone, but enough that reading it and posting to it is a constructive activity. They look good, posters with legitimate questions/complaints get positive feedback, and idiot posters look like idiots for everyone to see. It is really not that hard to do this.
    It's a culture thing - they are a software company of the digital age. They know their customers would not abide by the kind of behavior Stern is exhibiting on Facebook. I don't see Stern changing until there is a leadership change.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Great analogy.

#244 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Well, as the OP has restated his position in his 63 of the 240 posts in this thread, it *was* feeling a bit like a "crusade"

Crusade is a strong word. I was obviously upset at the begining and I admit that. Even though I'm not upset and I'm not banned anymore I'm still wanting Stern to change. My opinion of their procedures is unaffected by that.

Quoted from lowepg:

You got 1 "warning shot", then they shoot to kill . The don't care if they hurt your feelings. They don't want to have to police a bunch of folks getting "off message" for their goal: sell pinball machines

This is just plumb ass crazy for all of us to accept as acceptable behaviour in todays world. Social media is not supposed to be used like that. Their website is supposed to be used like that. I guess if 99.99% of all pinball purchasers from collectors to operators to distributors who get posts deleted or banned think that way then so be it. I'm wrong and will say so. But you said it yourself "They don't care if they hurt your feelings" There is no way and in no world where that is a good business practice. One less purchase of a machine hurts us all as collectors/operators/distrubitors. The next game will be 2 less, and the next 4 and so forth and so forth. Since engaging people on social media sites makes them feel connected to your company Stern's goal of selling more pinball machines would be even easier.

Quoted from Arcade:

he does not actualy expect Stern to come over to his house and appologize.

Well that sure would be nice

#247 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Funny, they deleted my post about Xbox tables unable to play. They deleted my post and told me to contact them. I contacted them and asked to move my purchases over to PS Network or even OS and they said they couldnt. I purchased all tables on Xbox and 4-5 on OS. I am done with Aracde Pinball but what I will not do is complain about my deleted post. I will just not buy from them and move on. (unlike some people who can't let things go)

So they contacted you and didn't ban you. I disagree with the deleted posts but two giants steps ahead of Stern. They followed up with you from the contact as well. That is great too. You won't purchase from them again so this proves my point of Stern shouldn't be pissing people off. You can make fun my assertion but you just proved it. One less customer for them to sell to and they did contact you, where as Stern would simply have deleted, ignored and maybe banned you.

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Dude.... iTS FACEBOOK!?!?!?!?
    WTF cares?
    Did you really NEED a reason to stop playing on FB... well, if you did- here it is.

If you are a Facebook hater then this point is moot. Move along please. Many companies engage their customers in meaningful ways on Facebook. Your experience with it does not equal the rest of the worlds experience with it. Hundreds of millions of people use it for all sorts of reasons.

#263 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

I know its been agreed upon. You don't seem to understand that in life sometimes there are things that you just can't change. You agree that its theirs to do what they want, so why are we still discussing it?

You can't change what you don't asked to be changed. Letting it go is not helpful to anyone. If you don't like reading about it then fine. Stern is not acting in a known way to achieve customer loyalty and sense of ownership in their company. They instead are acting in a known way to alienate themselves from their once loyal base. They could sell even more machines if they changed. So please quit telling them via this page the way they act is ok. No one is asking for a Stern boycot or anything but just to let them know they aren't acting in a professional manner.

Quoted from Roostking:

Just clarifying your confusing stance. On one hand, you claim Stern is "silencing" people, but then you agree that moderation is good. I mean, you kind of called people spineless and accepting of censorship...

Boy has then been discussed. You are just trying to back people into a corner but it won't work. Censorship is nesessary as we have discussed earlier. Racism, Hatred, Threats of Violence... the list is long and once again we've discussed it. There are many posts on pinside complaining of pinside and of pinside moderators. They don't delete these unless they fit the criteria discussed.

#270 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

By you and the OP. Most everyone else is like, Meh...

And the people who agreed with me at the begining of the thread. They, unlike you guys, made comments and moved along. Some of you seem very intent on coming back to say let it go or go give youself a circle jerk.... I have to ask why any of you don't let it go? None of the tones of my posts were mean natured. I simply asked for an opinion if my posts should have been deleted and me banned. I didn't go off on a rant. There sure seem to be a lot of rants saying I'm on a rant. My point is so clear and I restate it over and over and over. Stern is not following known marketing strategies for increasing customer base and customer loyalty. Plain and simple. All the let it go speech is not refuting it nor very helpful. If you want to me to "let it go" follow your own requests please as saying it once was enough. And before you say "why do you keep coming back to say something about our posts" its because it's my thread so of course I'm going to keep explaining my position.

#275 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ah sorry, I should specify, I used to be in the USMC but I am over here as a contractor now. Sorry bout that!
    So with that I'll bow out of this thread. Been good chattin!

Even if you are a contractor now I agree with Arcade. Thanks for your past service! I obviously don't see eye to eye with you on this topic but I do appreciate your sacrifice you made for us.

#277 9 years ago

Well the one you got is awesome! Good luck finding more when you get back!

#282 9 years ago

I would love to play that game to Motley Crue's Kick Start My Heart. It is my ultimate blood pumping song!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/delete-this-stern?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.