5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 282 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KingNine
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GZ.jpg
    0.jpg
    fact.jpg
    303241.jpg
    FordMustandFB1.jpg
    FordMustandFB.jpg
    image.jpg
    Melony.jpg
    Hooters.jpg
    MelonPosts13.jpg
    MelonPosts12.jpg
    MelonPosts11.jpg
    MelonPosts14.jpg
    MelonPosts8.jpg
    MelonPosts9.jpg
    MelonPosts10.jpg

There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the point is that Stern banned one of their customers who just last week bought a $5,000 game from them (I know they bought the game from them, I just played it last week at their place). That really is outrageously bad PR and I would be offended to if I were them.
    Of course, I say this and I'm also really mad at Stern right now myself over the armor upgrade for TWDLE . . . that basically upped the price by $500 to have the best armor. I'm almost to the point where I'm done with Stern in general, which is a shame as I've had a lot of good experiences with Stern as well.

You hit the nail on the head Tiger. And how apropos that the next day they post "Whoa Nellie" that gets a shit storm of negative comments from the sexism crowd. There was no way I couldn't screen shot it and keep it for posterities sake. This thread is the perfect repository for Stern FB screen shots before they get redacted. I got three personal thank you's from people for doing it. Maybe if I have time I'll go count how many posts were deleted out of the thread that I captured. Might be an interesting number to learn. People on the FB page were getting so pissed off that their posts were being deleted in this day and age which is why I created this thread. Stern signed up for a "social media" account and expects people to treat it like it is thier personal property. That isn't how social media works. My hope is that as they monitor Pinside (and we know they do) they will learn how much they are turning off a crowd of loyal customers in a hobby that needs more, not less, of them. All it takes is for enough of their employees to keep suggesting to Gary they need to change their habits. I'd be willing to bet a few have but met with great resistance. Now they can have evidence that we are pissed off when they bring it up.

#102 5 years ago

I frankly would ban any customer who facebook posts,
    with poor sentence structure, that's just me, if I had a pinball company that is...

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

with poor sentence structure, that's just me, if I had a pinball company that is...

You wouldnt sale many pinballs than wood you?

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Now that is funny

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the point is that Stern banned one of their customers who just last week bought a $5,000 game from them (I know they bought the game from them, I just played it last week at their place). That really is outrageously bad PR and I would be offended to if I were them.
    Of course, I say this and I'm also really mad at Stern right now myself over the armor upgrade for TWDLE . . . that basically upped the price by $500 to have the best armor. I'm almost to the point where I'm done with Stern in general, which is a shame as I've had a lot of good experiences with Stern as well.

No, I get the point. When you have an issue with someone you talk to them directly. What you don't do is air out your issues in a open forum where some future customers may see it. Take it up directly with Stern, not on one of their advertising outlets. I was going to be a customer of TWD but just don't like how the game looks, plays, drains, sound, etc. I moved on and wished all TWD the best and still do. Again, a lot of butthurt going on.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

No, I get the point. When you have an issue with someone you talk to them directly. What you don't do is air out you issues in a open forum where some future customers may see it. Take it up directly with Stern, not on one of their advertising outlets. I was going to be a customer of TWD but just don't like how the game looks, plays, drains, sound, etc. I moved on and wished all TWD the best and still do. Again, a lot of butthurt going on.

It isn't an advertising outlet. It is a "social media" page. Designed for interactions between businesses and fans or customers. Their reaction is always a "head in the sand" approach. Plus I've messaged them as well and had no response. In fact I've sent them emails over the past few years on many a subject and have never been graced with a reply. Thanks though.

#107 5 years ago

People are so sensitive nowadays and run to Facebook to vent about each and every little thing that gets them slightly annoyed. It's made the newsfeed almost unreadable most days.

I get being upset with a company, a place of business, your neighbor, the local school district, your kid's coach, etc. Take it up with them directly. See if the problem can be solved through actual, in-person, human interaction.

Just quit the whining on Facebook. You'd think these people had nothing else going on in their lives with the way they obsess about the dumbest things.

I prefer to see the big picture and see the glass as half full vs...wait...my glass is almost empty?!? Dammit!!! I'm gonna go post that on Facebook!

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Guess guys can't have stuff anymore, it was fun while it lasted guys! They say this game is made for men. So we men can now complain when the next Magic Mike movie comes out?
    I have never seen so much butthurt on a Facebook thread before.

To be a white male is offensive to many many people..

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

It isn't an advertising outlet. It is a "social media" page. Designed for interactions between businesses and fans or customers. Their reaction is always a "head in the sand" approach. Plus I've messaged them as well and had no response. In fact I've sent them emails over the past few years on many a subject and have never been graced with a reply. Thanks though.

They own their page and can allow or reject anything they want. Yes Stern is using a social media site for advertising. You think they are there to catch up with old high school friends or to make new friends? They are on Facebook to push a product, update customers from time to time, and get the Stern name shared/linked to the biggest social network on the planet. Gotta let it go guy, they didn't like your post.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Do you really not think this is an advertising medium for them? If it was a social page, Gary himself, or the designers or programmers would be interacting with the public. They are not. Its just another way to advertise.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

People are so sensitive nowadays and run to Facebook to vent about each and every little thing that gets them slightly annoyed. It's made the newsfeed almost unreadable most days.
    I get being upset with a company, a place of business, your neighbor, the local school district, your kid's coach, etc. Take it up with them directly. See if the problem can be solved through actual, in-person, human interaction.
    Just quit the whining on Facebook. You'd think these people had nothing else going on in their lives with the way they obsess about the dumbest things.
    I prefer to see the big picture and see the glass as half full vs...wait...my glass is almost empty?!? Dammit!!! I'm gonna go post that on Facebook!

That's great but how does that relate to a company deleting comments and questions then banning users? We're not talking about users that said bad things but some that just asked questions about code updates. Also, If a company is filling up your news feed its an easy fix to turn off notifications from them or simply unlike them.

The Facebook page is where you are supposed to ask things of a company. Stern has no other recourse to do so reliably. Please don't say email as they don't respond to those either. One phone call from me does not show them they are doing something wrong. Many post on here from people saying they were wronged might.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

They own their page and can allow or reject anything they want. Yes Stern is using a social media site for advertising. You think they are there to catch up with old high school friends or to make new friends? They are on Facebook to push a product, update customers from time to time, and get the Stern name shared/linked to the biggest social network on the planet. Gotta let it go guy, they didn't like your post.

Quoted from Roostking:

Do you really not think this is an advertising medium for them? If it was a social page, Gary himself, or the designers or programmers would be interacting with the public. They are not. Its just another medium for advertising.

First, this isn't just about me. This is about Stern's Facebook practices. I know at the beginning of the thread it is more slanted to asking if I personally should have been banned. I could go change it but that is revisionist history. The main point is, should stern be deleting and banning innocuous comments from customers.

Second, have you guys not read my earlier posts? It is against all social media advertising protocols to act the way they do on their page. The pages are there to talk about their products as is all business pages. However, most businesses would never delete and ban a customers comment. They would respond to all questions and comments in a timely professional manner. The trail of comments is there for any customer to see that they respond and care about what all of their customers think. So if you think Facebook is nothing but an advertising outlet for corporations you are sadly misinformed.

#114 5 years ago

Just for full disclosure, KingNine is a friend of mine so I'm likely to agree with him - I acknowledge a bit of bias. Also, I too am frustrated with Stern at the moment (though I think I am calming down and may stick with my TWDLE order...still debating...).

That said, KingNine is spot on point here. Stern has a page that they hold out as being open to the public, but they really clandestinely sanitize the page pretty regularly. KingNine just bought a brand new game, Stern should be responsive to him and not send him a ban without telling him when he will be allowed back.

I think KingNine is entirely right in coming here and letting the rest of us know how he feels about his treatment on their facebook page. KingNine is also educating Stern (assuming they read this page) on how people feel when they get banned without any notice of how long the ban will last.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

That's great but how does that relate to a company deleting comments and questions then banning users? We're not talking about users that said bad things but some that just asked questions about code updates. Also, If a company is filling up your news feed its an easy fix to turn off notifications from them or simply unlike them.
    The Facebook page is where you are supposed to ask things of a company. Stern has no other recourse to do so reliably. Please don't say email as they don't respond to those either. One phone call from me does not show them they are doing something wrong. Many post on here from people saying they were wronged might.

You're right. I probably veered off-track there a bit, but that was based on the inclusion of the Whoa Nellie related stuff you posted on here from people going awol on that thread.

I will just never understand the reaction to stuff like this online. I see the Stern Facebook page as a company controlled marketing tool that they can do anything with as they see fit, including the removal of posts they deem outside the scope of what they want to see on their page. Maybe it means they'd be better off turning off commenting altogether. I don't know.

I get that others feel completely different in how they manage their page. I respect your opinion, even if I disagree.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to let it affect my pinball purchasing decisions.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just for full disclosure, KingNine is a friend of mine so I'm likely to agree with him - I acknowledge a bit of bias. Also, I too am frustrated with Stern at the moment (though I think I am calming down and may stick with my TWDLE order...still debating...).
    That said, KingNine is spot on point here. Stern has a page that they hold out as being open to the public, but they really clandestinely sanitize the page pretty regularly. KingNine just bought a brand new game, Stern should be responsive to him and not send him a ban without telling him when he will be allowed back.
    I think KingNine is entirely right in coming here and letting the rest of us know how he feels about his treatment on their facebook page. KingNine is also educating Stern (assuming they read this page) on how people feel when they get banned without any notice of how long the ban will last.

Agreed, he can come HERE no problem and debate.

Quoted from KingNine:

Facebook is nothing but

Never said NOTHING BUT. I do hope you get a response from Stern on why you were deleted and banned.

I ran a Facebook business page for the comedy club I managed. I deleted posts like "That comic isn't funny", "Not coming to that show", "why don't you bring in <insert hack comic here>". I then sent an IM warning the person not to post negitive comments about comics, staff, and the club. If they did it again they were gone. Stern should have given you the respect of letting you know why.

#117 5 years ago

Happy to see that everyone has come to an understanding here.
    Glad to have read everything that Stern thought we should not read.

#118 5 years ago

Whether you agree or not, it's there page to do what they want. You are not paying a dime to visit said page so they owe you nothing. Is it bad business on their part to not at least PM you a reason? Probably. The thing is, what are they more worried about, alienating someone who just paid $5,000 for a game, or someone who might buy a game and sees your worries about software updates or whatever and decide not to buy. Dont answer, its the latter, trust me, they already got your money.

#119 5 years ago

You guys are pretty funny in your expectations of Stern's Facebook.

I work for a company that does billions in sales.

If you post anything on our Facebook page that is a criticism, a direction "You guys oughta...", a technical question, looking for employment, or anything else that is not front page material - you are getting instantly deleted.

After being deleted, you get a PM directing you where you would be better served:

Suggestions, directions and criticisms are all sent to our forum. Our forum is where you can throw out ideas, see if others have tried something, complain about the latest firmware, suggest changes....

Questions are directed to our help desk system. We have a toll free number, new customer relations, online manuals, FAQ, forum, service bulletins, even FAX-back (remember that???).

Employment questions are sent to our Human Resource page (believe me, you are not getting hired if you asked on Facebook, rather than going to the "Careers" page on our website, LOL.)

-

According to our boss, Facebook is our front lawn.

It has to be perfectly groomed. No weeds or trash is ever going to be allowed to be seen by the public.

We have 2 full time Facebook employees that maintain our page. They are the groundskeepers.

They are not qualified to answer any questions or address any criticisms ; just like the groundskeepers at our physical headquarters. The guy mowing the lawn can probably tell you what door to go in, but you should not think that he is qualified to answer your protest of our overseas labor practices.

-

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you post anything on our Facebook page that is a criticism, a direction "You guys oughta...", a technical question, looking for employment, or anything else that is not front page material - you are getting instantly deleted.
    After being deleted, you get a PM directing you where you would be better served:
    Suggestions, directions and criticisms are all sent to our forum. Our forum is where you can throw out ideas, see if others have tried something, complain about the latest firmware, suggest changes....
    Questions are directed to our help desk system. We have a toll free number, new customer relations, online manuals, FAQ, forum, service bulletins, even FAX-back (remember that???).
    Employment questions are sent to our Human Resource page (believe me, you are not getting hired if you asked on Facebook, rather than going to the "Careers" page on our website, LOL.)
    -
    It has to be perfectly groomed. No weeds or trash is ever going to be allowed to be seen by the public.
    We have 2 full time Facebook employees that maintain our page. They are the groundskeepers.
    They are not qualified to answer any questions or address any criticisms ; just like the groundskeepers at our physical headquarters. The guy mowing the lawn can probably tell you what door to go in, but you should not think that he is qualified to answer your protest of our overseas labor practices.
    -

LOVE the front yard analogy.

#122 5 years ago

Very different situation. That poster posted in our zero tolerance thread, of which two exist - one for WOZ and one for MMr (the two most emotionally charged games of the past decade). People are told in the intro of those two threads what the rules are, if they break them they get the boot.

They can post criticisms of WOZ and MMr in other threads . . . just not those two. We provide a medium for communication.

Anyway, I'm not going to discuss our moderation further as I don't want this to turn into a debate on Pinside's rules.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

-
    -

Vid. That is a good analogy. I appreciate the point of view. Thanks for not telling me to "move along" lol. I don't treat our FB page the way your company does and will not. The big distinction is your company communicates to the person in violation of your policies where as Stern has never communicated with me and seems to never communicate to the others complaining here. They don't even respond to emails I've sent asking questions or suggesting themes etc... I promote them by sharing their posts on our groups pinball page all the time and buy their products. Most of the banned users are customers as well. Stern just needs to communicate, just like your company seems to do, and make their customers feel appreciated even if they feel the need to delete posts. I still contend that deleting posts is a terrible idea and there are many articles in the corporate world that back it up. I've also been to seminars at conventions that teach what I'm talking about. I'm sure there are a few that back up the front yard theory as well. Ultimately and hopefully Stern will soften their stance and start communicating.

#124 5 years ago

I agree that it's not a good business practice for Stern.

Pinball is a fairly niche market, and niche companies that actively engage with their customers in meaningful ways are generally better liked, and more successful. I think this is fairly well understood fact in the marketing world.

Everyone wants to feel special, and being engaged with as a human being with opinions is a really simple way of making that connection.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Never said NOTHING BUT. I do hope you get a response from Stern on why you were deleted and banned.

You didn't but there are a bunch of posts that alude to that theory. Sorry I lumped you with the others.

Quoted from kid_ego:

You're right. I probably veered off-track there a bit, but that was based on the inclusion of the Whoa Nellie related stuff you posted on here from people going awol on that thread.
    I will just never understand the reaction to stuff like this online. I see the Stern Facebook page as a company controlled marketing tool that they can do anything with as they see fit, including the removal of posts they deem outside the scope of what they want to see on their page. Maybe it means they'd be better off turning off commenting altogether. I don't know.
    I get that others feel completely different in how they manage their page. I respect your opinion, even if I disagree.
    At the end of the day, I'm not going to let it affect my pinball purchasing decisions.

Thanks and it's hard not to veer off track and discuss what the Stern topic is that is causing the deletes and bans. I really didn't want others to get together and stop buying from Stern but show that I, and others like me, might think twice about buying from Stern because of this. Why, when JJP is making really cool looking machines and cutting into their market, would they alienate potential buyers of their goods? It makes no business sense to me and their facebook tactics are short sighted instead of looking at the big picture. IMHO

#126 5 years ago

I think one of the lessons to Stern should be if you don't want comments, don't have a Facebook page. There is a reason the format allows for comments...it is a dialogue, not simply a broadcast. They can send an email blast, or pay for in-page online ads if they want it to be a one way street.

I understand they want the best of both worlds, but the consequence is pissing off repeat customers that drop $5000+ on their product.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from tl54hill:

I think one of the lessons to Stern should be if you don't want comments, don't have a Facebook page. There is a reason the format allows for comments...it is a dialogue, not simply a broadcast. They can send an email blast, or pay for in-page online ads if they want it to be a one way street.
    I understand they want the best of both worlds, but the consequence is pissing off repeat customers that drop $5000+ on their product.

Ding Ding Ding - We have a winner!!

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

They don't even respond to emails I've sent asking questions

In Stern's defense, they have answered my technical questions in less than 24 hours a few times.

Quoted from KingNine:

They don't even respond to emails I've sent suggesting themes, etc....

Stern can't answer those kind of questions.

Stern has a Licensing Department. Those are the guys who are working on the next 4 to 10 titles. Remember it takes 12-15 months to develop a new pinball machine.

As Gary Stern has said many times "We only do Licensed Themes that have appeal in Europe. 50% of all our games get shipped overseas".

The movie studios meet with potential licensees and tell them what is coming up, and what they think will be the next big release. You have to sign to a Non Disclosure Agreement before you are allowed into those valuable meetings.

So if you email Stern and say "Hey, I hear Disney is rebooting The Black Hole next year. You guys should do a pin based on the movie.", Stern can't acknowledge that they've already known about it a year before you did. The NDA means they are allowed no comment whatsoever.

The Licensing Department knows what the #1 TV shows are. They know what the next (hopefully) blockbuster movies are. That's their job. They've got it covered.

What new theme suggestion are you going to possibly have, that Stern is not already aware of?

#129 5 years ago

I was banned from Stern's FB page after I called Jody creepy for snapping pics of women's butts and posting it on the Stern page. I mean seriously, if I were Gary and I found out my marketing guy was doing that I'd be PISSED.

Anyway.. FU, Jody.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I was banned from Stern's FB page after I called Jody creepy for snapping pics of women's butts and posting it on the Stern page. I mean seriously, if I were Gary and I found out my marketing guy was doing that I'd be PISSED.
    Anyway.. FU, Jody.

Of course, no company is going to leave an alleged sexual harassment claim on their page!

Of course you got banned (as Jody used to maintain the Facebook page), and does not want you getting himself fired.

I'm sure Gary never even saw your allegation.

If you wanted to bust Jody, you should have called Gary directly.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

What new theme suggestion are you going to possibly have, that Stern is not already aware of?

That is a no win question.
    Since Stern can't confirm or deny they thought of it, we will never know.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

That is a no win question.
    Since Stern can't confirm or deny they thought of it, we will never know.

Exactly.

Before you had ever even saw that first clip of the new Starwars7, Stern's Licensing Department already had read the script and had seen the storyboard art.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Of course, no company is going to leave an alleged sexual harassment claim on their page!
    Of course you got banned (as Jody used to maintain the Facebook page), and does not want you getting himself fired.
    I'm sure Gary never even saw your allegation.
    If you wanted to bust Jody, you should have called Gary directly.

All i said was "that a little creepy, jody..", and i was only half kidding. I believe the pic is still up there if anyone wants to pursue it further.

#134 5 years ago

All i said was "that a little creepy, jody..", and i was only half kidding. I believe the pic is still up there if anyone wants to pursue it further.

Yep.

Jody nipped you in the bud.

He is not a dumb as he looks.

#135 5 years ago

So, you're ok with Stern posting all the Whoa Nellie stuff but a picture of a woman playing pinball (which if you take a picture of anyone from behind playing pinball is going to include their butt in the image...just saying) has you all up in arms and suggesting the pin community (not exactly one to turn up its nose at images of good looking women) take a stand? About that?

Or, maybe you're not ok with the Whoa Nellie stuff. I don't mean to assume anything here. Since you've been banned, you can't exactly go put a "isn't that a little creepy" comment on any of their other photos.

It's a Facebook page people. A Facebook page.

It's Friday. I'm gonna go have dinner, play some pinball, have a beer, and get ready to take my family to our first Expo tomorrow. Peace!

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

It's Friday. I'm gonna go have dinner, play some pinball, have a beer, and get ready to take my family to our first Expo tomorrow. Peace!

What are you doing in here?
    Go have a good time.
    Stern will still be screwing up something when you get back.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
    Before you had ever even saw that first clip of the new Starwars7, Stern's Licensing Department already had read the script and had seen the storyboard art.

"Whoa Nellie" Vid. You can't possibly believe Stern has a list of every possible theme ever created known to man? I.e. Janitor Man - Ramp shot is clean up on aisle 9, a scoop shot that unclogs the toilet and starts mop head multiball. I know that analogy is way overboard but there is no way Stern knows it all.

Edit: The analogy above was a joke and I know it isn't a liscensed theme. - The more I reread your post to me the more I get offended. I don't like the tone of "your not good enough to come up with a theme they haven't thought of" in your post. Plus it isn't relative to my topic of this thread in the least bit. All theme's don't have to be Movie's or TV shows. Asking me what possible ideas I could have is insulting and is below you Vid! For your information I know a couple of independent film producers. Many films are shot and produced then brought to a major film company for distribution. So I do know of two or three movies at the moment that Stern has no idea exists as the producers haven't even approached a movie company to distribute it. I also am privie to their TV show sizzle reels they made to pitch to multiple TV companies like Discovery and HBO.

#138 5 years ago

Ok i think you guys are missing the point. I was kidding around with him. I wasn't the only one ribbing him about it. He's swift with the ban hammer. That's all.

#139 5 years ago

Ok i think you guys are missing the point. I was kidding around with him. I wasn't the only one ribbing him about it. He's swift with the ban hammer. That's all.

No No your point is fine

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

The more I reread your post to me the more I get offended.

No reason to get offended.

You don't work in Licensing, so it is not your area of expertise.

Quoted from KingNine:

I don't like the tone of "your not good enough to come up with a theme they haven't thought of" in your post.

I do believe you certainly COULD come up with a theme that Stern has not thought of.

But Stern does not build games around themes, they ONLY do LICENSED THEMES with INTERNATIONAL APPEAL.

Gary has stressed this point for many years now.

Quoted from KingNine:

All theme's don't have to be Movie's or TV shows.

True!

Stern has done other Licensed Themes like Bands (AC/DC, Elvis) Video Games (BBH, RCT), and porn (Playboy).

Quoted from KingNine:

Asking me what possible ideas I could have is insulting and is below you Vid!

Nothing is beneath me, I've sunk as low as a soul can go.

I just wanted to hear some of your ideas.

Quoted from KingNine:

Many films are shot and produced then brought to a major film company for distribution.

True.

Not only have I acted in many Hollywood films (57 IMDB entries), I attend SXSW each year to check out the new blood.

Quoted from KingNine:

So I do know of two or three movies at the moment that Stern has no idea exists as the producers haven't even approached a movie company to distribute it.

Excellent.

Now to be of service to Stern, how could you give Stern's Licensing Department 15 months notice about these movie's commercial debuts?

Stern needs 12-15 months to produce a pinball title, so you would need very early permission from the film's producers to shop the theme option to Stern.

If the movie has not found distribution yet, Stern may be cautious in investing the over one million dollars in pinball production costs on a yet unproven theme.

It's kind of a Catch22, but if you can swing it, there could be a nice percentage in it for you......

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

No reason to get offended.
    You don't work in Licensing, so it is not your area of expertise.

I do believe you certainly COULD come up with a theme that Stern has not thought of.
    But Stern does not build games around themes, they ONLY do LICENSED THEMES with INTERNATIONAL APPEAL.
    Gary has stressed this point for many years now.

Now to be of service to Stern, how could you give Stern's Licensing Department 15 months notice about these movie's commercial debuts?
    Stern needs 12-15 months to produce a pinball title, so you would need very early permission from the film's producers to shop the theme option to Stern.
    If the movie has not found distribution yet, Stern may be cautious in investing the over one million dollars in pinball production costs on a yet unproven theme.
    It's kind of a Catch22, but if you can swing it, there could be a nice percentage in it for you......

Ok, again, this has nothing to do with my topic and is still on the condescending side. My whole point is that Stern needs to respond to, and not ignore, customers. Their practices are barbaric in today's world. As I stated, I've been to many education classes on business protocol in the social media world. The only thing Stern has done right was set up a Facebook page. Their management of it is terrible. Every interaction a prospective customer has with a company needs to be positive, helpful or informative in some way. Negative is NEVER an acceptable customer reaction. I'll repeat it, NEGATIVE is NEVER acceptable!! Will there be negative reactions? Sure, no one or no company can avoid it all together. But it doesn't mean you go out there and create the negative reactions yourself. That is plain stupid. Negative reactions should be treated as opportunites to show off how much you care about their concerns and how good your customer service is. Even if the negative problem doesn't get fixed it can be abated by good communication.

#142 5 years ago

This is long but I've cut the unimportant parts that didn't pertain to this discussion. Stern needs to read this! It is from an article I found on connecting with customers in both social and standard mediums.

14 Proven Ways to Connect With Customers

Today, there are more ways than ever to connect with customers. ...
    Data integration is often underestimated and poorly implemented, taking time and resources.

1. Survey your customers.

2. Use newsletters.

3. Blog. "One of the best ways to connect with customers is by blogging," says Deborah Sweeney, CEO, MyCorporation.com, an incorporation and trademarking service. "If you actively keep up a quality blog, not only will your customers read your blog, but they will respond to your blog," she notes. "This creates a positive flow of communication"--and helps build customer loyalty.

4. Pick up the phone.

5. Go visit.

6. Respond to email. "At our company, we make it our goal to respond to customer emails within five minutes, and the response we receive from our customers is usually something like 'Wow, that was fast' or 'Fastest response I've ever received. Thanks so much," says Giancarlo Massaro, the cofounder of ViralSweep, which provides businesses tools to create giveaways on their website. "How has this helped us? People love amazing customer service and in turn have been referring people to our service, all because of our customer service."

7. Send a personalized note or a postcard.

8. Be active on Twitter and Facebook. "One of the best ways to connect with customers is through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter," says Ian Aronovich, cofounder and president, GovernmentAuctions.org, a site that compiles and provides information about government auctions of seized and surplus merchandise from all over the country.

"With social media, you can reach out to your customers at any moment rather than wait for customers to send you emails or phone calls with feedback," Aronovich says. Use your company's Facebook fan page or Twitter account to "engage your followers and keep conversations going. Social media can also be used as a form of customer service, where company representatives can directly answer customer questions and concerns," he says.

“It's critical to have a social media listening post to quickly respond to each issue that arises," notes Chuck Wall, founder and CEO, Customer CEO Consulting. "You may not be able to solve their specific problem, but don't ignore them. They will give you credit for listening and acknowledging their situation."

9. Use Instagram.

10. Offer webinars.

11. Empower salespeople.

12. Provide exceptional customer service. "One of the most powerful tools an organization has to connect with its customers is its employee base," says Rick DeMarco, managing director, West Coast Operations, Inward Strategic Consulting, a marketing, branding and positioning firm."Every interaction between a customer and employee, whether that is pre-sale, the actual sales process, after sales support or billing, provides an opportunity to either add or detract from the equity of your brand and company," DeMarco says. "Significant empirical evidence exists that makes a direct connection between employee engagement and satisfaction and customer satisfaction and loyalty." So one of the best ways to connect and engage with customers, he says, is to "turn your employees into company ambassadors and brand advocates who deliver on your brand promise and business strategy at every single customer touch point."

13. Go mobile.

14. Monitor review sites. "Whether it's Yelp, TripAdvisor or Angie's List, find out what customers are saying about your business [on review sites]," says Lisa Parkin, president of Social Climber, LLC, a social media consultancy.

"Responding to customer reviews on these popular sites shows that your company is aware of any problems and is willing to fix them," Parkin says. However, she urges caution when replying to negative comments. Instead of being defensive or picking a fight, try to understand and offer to fix the problem or provide an inducement for the customer to try your product, service or establishment again.

Jennifer Lonoff Schiff is a business and technology writer and a contributor to CIO.com. She also runs Schiff & Schiff Communications, a marketing firm focused on helping organizations better interact with their customers, employees and partners.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Facebook sucks anyway. All it is is a status symbol.

Not anymore. FB is garbage posts. Never had any need for it.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Ok, again, this has nothing to do with my topic and is still on the condescending side. My whole point is that Stern needs to respond to, and not ignore, customers. Their practices are barbaric in today's world. As I stated, I've been to many education classes on business protocol in the social media world. The only thing Stern has done right was set up a Facebook page. Their management of it is terrible. Every interaction a prospective customer has with a company needs to be positive, helpful or informative in some way. Negative is NEVER an acceptable customer reaction. I'll repeat it, NEGATIVE is NEVER acceptable!! Will there be negative reactions? Sure, no one or no company can avoid it all together. But it doesn't mean you go out there and create the negative reactions yourself. That is plain stupid. Negative reactions should be treated as opportunites to show off how much you care about their concerns and how good your customer service is. Even if the negative problem doesn't get fixed it can be abated by good communication.

Quoted from KingNine:

This is long but I've cut the unimportant parts that didn't pertain to this discussion. Stern needs to read this! It is from an article I found on connecting with customers in both social and standard mediums.
    14 Proven Ways to Connect With Customers
    Today, there are more ways than ever to connect with customers. ...
    Data integration is often underestimated and poorly implemented, taking time and resources.
    1. Survey your customers.
    2. Use newsletters.
    3. Blog. "One of the best ways to connect with customers is by blogging," says Deborah Sweeney, CEO, MyCorporation.com, an incorporation and trademarking service. "If you actively keep up a quality blog, not only will your customers read your blog, but they will respond to your blog," she notes. "This creates a positive flow of communication"--and helps build customer loyalty.
    4. Pick up the phone.
    5. Go visit.
    6. Respond to email. "At our company, we make it our goal to respond to customer emails within five minutes, and the response we receive from our customers is usually something like 'Wow, that was fast' or 'Fastest response I've ever received. Thanks so much," says Giancarlo Massaro, the cofounder of ViralSweep, which provides businesses tools to create giveaways on their website. "How has this helped us? People love amazing customer service and in turn have been referring people to our service, all because of our customer service."
    7. Send a personalized note or a postcard.
    8. Be active on Twitter and Facebook. "One of the best ways to connect with customers is through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter," says Ian Aronovich, cofounder and president, GovernmentAuctions.org, a site that compiles and provides information about government auctions of seized and surplus merchandise from all over the country.
    "With social media, you can reach out to your customers at any moment rather than wait for customers to send you emails or phone calls with feedback," Aronovich says. Use your company's Facebook fan page or Twitter account to "engage your followers and keep conversations going. Social media can also be used as a form of customer service, where company representatives can directly answer customer questions and concerns," he says.
    “It's critical to have a social media listening post to quickly respond to each issue that arises," notes Chuck Wall, founder and CEO, Customer CEO Consulting. "You may not be able to solve their specific problem, but don't ignore them. They will give you credit for listening and acknowledging their situation."
    9. Use Instagram.
    10. Offer webinars.
    11. Empower salespeople.
    12. Provide exceptional customer service. "One of the most powerful tools an organization has to connect with its customers is its employee base," says Rick DeMarco, managing director, West Coast Operations, Inward Strategic Consulting, a marketing, branding and positioning firm."Every interaction between a customer and employee, whether that is pre-sale, the actual sales process, after sales support or billing, provides an opportunity to either add or detract from the equity of your brand and company," DeMarco says. "Significant empirical evidence exists that makes a direct connection between employee engagement and satisfaction and customer satisfaction and loyalty." So one of the best ways to connect and engage with customers, he says, is to "turn your employees into company ambassadors and brand advocates who deliver on your brand promise and business strategy at every single customer touch point."
    13. Go mobile.
    14. Monitor review sites. "Whether it's Yelp, TripAdvisor or Angie's List, find out what customers are saying about your business [on review sites]," says Lisa Parkin, president of Social Climber, LLC, a social media consultancy.
    "Responding to customer reviews on these popular sites shows that your company is aware of any problems and is willing to fix them," Parkin says. However, she urges caution when replying to negative comments. Instead of being defensive or picking a fight, try to understand and offer to fix the problem or provide an inducement for the customer to try your product, service or establishment again.
    Jennifer Lonoff Schiff is a business and technology writer and a contributor to CIO.com. She also runs Schiff & Schiff Communications, a marketing firm focused on helping organizations better interact with their customers, employees and partners.

You will probably have to call Stern and make an appointment to speak with Gary directly.

Gary is great on the phone, you will enjoy his frankness.

No one here on Pinside is going to be able to implement the above changes you believe need to be made at Stern.

#145 5 years ago

I can think of a thousand things that are more important to worry about than stern's facebook page maintenance plan.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

You're better off on Pinside anyway. Here poor grammar, incoherent sentence structure, and a general butchering of the English language is held in the highest esteem by most. The rest can't tell the difference.

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from gamestencils:

I can think of a thousand things that are more important to worry about than stern's facebook page maintenance plan.

Really not a constructive post. If you aren't interested in the topic please do not post in the topic to inform us all of that point. Just ignor the topic.

#148 5 years ago

Oh please.... Try posting anything mildly critical on JJP's Facebook and see how long it lasts. The most hypersensitive company I've ever seen.

More Stern bashing on Pinside? I'm shocked!

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Oh please.... Try posting anything mildly critical on JJP's Facebook and see how long it lasts. The most hypersensitive company I've ever seen.
    More Stern bashing on Pinside? I'm shocked!

I'm cool with people complaining about JJP deleting posts here as well. I don't interact with them much to know if they are as bad as Stern or not. The big issue is if either of them are doing it they should stop. It is bad business no matter how many people say "it is their page and they can do what they want". I wan't to keep buying pinball machines in the future and if they treat customers this way they won't be selling them but for a few more years. (please don't reply to this and say a few is hard set to 3 and I'm crazy to think they would close in three years. You know what I mean) It will start slow and build and when it hits critical mass it will be too late for them to realize what they've done and fix it.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You will probably have to call Stern and make an appointment to speak with Gary directly.
    Gary is great on the phone, you will enjoy his frankness.
    No one here on Pinside is going to be able to implement the above changes you believe need to be made at Stern.

You seem to know a lot of people there. I nominate you to call since you think the phone is the best way to get them to see how many people the've upset. With your gravitas they'll listen more than if just I call.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.95
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside