Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago

I'd be interested but not if it isn't ifpa.

Why wouldn't you do ifpa? It will draw many more people. Delaware isn't in the middle of nowhere.

And try not to get too hung up on "how many people plan to attend." You simply never really know. Build it and they will come. Or they won't. Either way it will be fun. Plan for it like you are gonna get a replay fx sized crowd and the rest will work out. I've hosted many of these tournaments and that's really the best approach.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Thanks for the feedback Levi. Our biggest problem is space. Secondly I really don't know how many people honestly are interested in driving to southern Delaware to play pinball, thus the feeler question. This is being hosted in wmspin's basement, therefore we can't really have 60 people just show up. If the interest level reaches 60, then we might have to go to reserved entries so we don't get overcrowded.
    As for IFPA or not, this tourney stuff is relatively new to me (one year under my belt). I know from playing other sports, some people only prefer sanctioned events, and some people don't care. Since this is the first in an annual series we are just gauging everyone's interest and feedback and will move forward from there. I want you to come down regardless of IFPA or not because I want to play some 1v1 pinball against you for some mad loot.

I am interested, and many of my friends in the NYC area will be too. You'd probably draw interest from Virgina-New York depending on if there's other tournaments the same weekend (try to schedule an open day).

And yes, I understand your space concerns. My place is REALLY small. And I used to try to cap it. But the reality is I've never had more than 22 show up so now I don't bother worrying about it. Even if 30 showed up we could make it work. You will simply NEVER have 60 people show up - this is a first-time thing, not a circuit event or a tournament with a reputation, and like you said, you are in Southern Delaware. If it's a success maybe you'll have more people next time around but I don't think you have to worry about the throngs descending on your place.

The other thing about trying to gauge how many people will show up is that most people don't know what they are doing on Wednesday. Expecting people to know what they'll be doing on a random weekend in September isn't realistic - for a tournament like the one you are suggesting, it would probably be a thursday before the tournament decision for myself and many others in the NYC area, and that's how it'll be for people in Philly, DC, baltimore, etc.

But seriously for it to be worth anybody's time to make even a 45 minute drive - anybody beyond pure novice - you'll want to do an IFPA event. Now, if you really don't care about that, and in fact want a small, novice tournament for people in Delaware, then yeah unsanctioned makes sense.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

He has spoken...

Come on man, he asked for advice so I'm giving it. He's never done a tournament before, and I don't think he's played in many either, and the entire point of his thread was to get some experienced opinions.

I'm trying real hard here. Do you really not want me to post anymore?

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not to derail his thread here, but did you really think that SW Pro was "good enough"? (as opposed to Prem or LE, which we can't evaluate at this point).

Man no clue. I'm really surprised the game STILL isn't out there to play or video - it's been weeks since I played it!!! And it seemed like it was ready to go except for the tilt bug (you got a tilt warning and the game would basically freeze for 30 seconds). I am generally a "pro guy" and this game seemed to be a very good, fast, complete pro title to me. But that's all personal preference, I'm usually "happy" with the pro version, and certainly for all of their latest titles. (AC/DC I'd need a prem. if I were buying new).

2 months later
    #140 6 years ago

is there a facebook page for this event?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/delawares-first-annual-state-pinball-tournament?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.