Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

I'd be in...IFPA sanctioning might dissuade non-registered / non-sanctioned players from coming and participating though. I'd be happy to hook you up with some LED's or a few products / something as prizes.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Lastly, we will have a date ironed out by the end of next week so everyone can start planning. It will definitely be in either September or October.

Check the dates for the York show...that's usually in October.

#31 6 years ago

I'd say I'm open to carpooling down...but I'll probably be looking for games to snag on the way down or back.

1 week later
    #46 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Now you're puttin' the pressure on.

Quoted from djreddog:

And yes, being in the DJ/Entertainment business for over 20 years

I heard that you always end a show with "Puttin on the Ritz" from Taco. LOL. Really, if I hear that song when I come down, I'm leaving....and taking Conquest back with me.

#62 6 years ago

Have a few things going on in September, but I should be good for either.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd be interested but not if it isn't ifpa.
    Why wouldn't you do ifpa? It will draw many more people. Delaware isn't in the middle of nowhere.
    And try not to get too hung up on "how many people plan to attend." You simply never really know. Build it and they will come. Or they won't. Either way it will be fun. Plan for it like you are gonna get a replay fx sized crowd and the rest will work out. I've hosted many of these tournaments and that's really the best approach.

The headliner tourney game is going to be SF2...just FYI.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But seriously for it to be worth anybody's time to make even a 45 minute drive - anybody beyond pure novice - you'll want to do an IFPA event. Now, if you really don't care about that, and in fact want a small, novice tournament for people in Delaware, then yeah unsanctioned makes sense.

He has spoken...

Pin God (resized).jpgPin God (resized).jpg

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Already been done

LMFAO.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on man, he asked for advice so I'm giving it. He's never done a tournament before, and I don't think he's played in many either, and the entire point of his thread was to get some experienced opinions.
    I'm trying real hard here. Do you really not want me to post anymore?

I'm just bustin balls man...keep posting and want you to show up. Chad's a newb, but a cool guy. And he dove in like most of us did. I've met him a few times and sold him a few games of my own and from the shop. We need more "energetic" guys like him in the hobby. I just didn't know if he was looking to get something going and grow it, or he wanted to go IFPA and have Lyman show up right out of the gate.

Not to derail his thread here, but did you really think that SW Pro was "good enough"? (as opposed to Prem or LE, which we can't evaluate at this point).

1 week later
    #76 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Everything is now finalized and the first post has been updated.

Chad, had to back out of LOP this past week due to differences with my partner. Although it was foreseeable on some level, still unexpected and unfortunate. Working on starting my own separate entity, so hopefully I can get it up and running quickly and still sponsor your event in some way. Either way, I should be at least attending.

#90 6 years ago

Chad, awesome to see so many companies & vendors stepping in to support the event. At this rate we might have to move it to a bigger venue, especially if Jack shows up with a few Dialed In pins.

And given the chosen name of your event, I was trying to come up with T-shirt designs that somehow involved the middle finger.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/delawares-first-annual-state-pinball-tournament?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.