New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190701)

First State Flip Off - 9/23/17 @ 1PM

By djreddog

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

Fellow Pinsiders,

***IT'S OFFICIAL. SEE UPDATED DETAILS BELOW***

While Delaware isn't necessarily a hotbed for pinball players, we do have some people in the state who enjoy competitive pinball. Myself, and wmspin, are attempting to team up to host an annual pinball tournament in Delaware. This thread is being created to see how much buzz we can create outside of Delaware to entice people to come our tournament that we plan to host annually.

Tournament Details:

When: 9/23/17
    Time: 1PM Start (Games will go on at 11am for practice)
    Where: 30107 Stage Coach Circle, Milford DE 19963
    Cost: $25 ($20 will go to prize fund, $5 will go to refreshments, trophies, etc.)
    Format: IFPA Match Play in groups of 4. Qualifying will be from 1-4pm.
    Finals: Based on 32 or more entries, Top 8 will go to "A" Finals, Next 8 will go to "B" Finals, all other players will go to "C" Finals
    Scoring: 7 points for 1st, 5 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd, 1 point for 4th
    Prize: Trophies plus cash payouts. "A" division will award prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. "B & "C" divisions will awards prizes for 1st and 2nd

****PLEASE RSVP TO DJREDDOG IF YOU ARE 100% COMMITTED SO WE HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MANY WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE****

***CURRENT SPONSOR LIST***
    Pinball Star Amusements - http://www.pinballstar.com/
    Cointaker - http://cointaker.com/
    Jersey Jack Pinball - http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/
    Marco Specialties - http://www.marcospecialties.com/
    Pinball Life - http://www.pinballlife.com/
    Pinball Gallery Arcade - http://www.pinballgallery.net/
    Stern - http://www.sternpinball.com/
    Fawzma Games - https://www.facebook.com/FawzmaGames/
    Mezel Mods - https://mezelmods.com/
    Mispillion River Brewing Company - https://www.mispillionriverbrewing.com/
    The Cottage Cafe - https://cottagecafe.com/

**Current game lineup is X-Men, Earthshaker, Comet, Full Throttle , ToTAN, Metallica, Indy 500, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Jokerz, Road Show, Fish Tales, Cirqus Voltaire, Stars, World Poker Tour, No Good Gofers, Phantom of the Opera, Mousin Around, Iron Man, Conquest 200(EM), Sure Shot(EM) and Safecracker. Additional games that might show up are Space Shuttle & Grand Lizard.

First State Pinball Flyer FINAL REVISION (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Hi Chad. I'd be interested but it might make sense to do in the fall after summer season is over and folks get back from weekends at the shore. I'd vote No to IFPA at least starting out. $20 or even $25-$40 would be a good price point imo.

#3 3 years ago

Hey Gerry! I'm guessing September would definitely be the month to host it as well. And we are definitely open to going with an open format, and not using IFPA, just wanted to throw it out in case that was a big deal.

-Chad

#4 3 years ago

In addition to the prize money, I will be reaching out to different vendors/distributors to try and pick up some door prize giveaways for everyone to enjoy.

#5 3 years ago

Chad, I am not a tournament player so couldn't care less about the actual tourney setup.

Definitely would toss in 20 bucks to play those pins and drink a few beers though. Please keep me posted, as ggbgroup mentioned fall is probably a better time.

Rich

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Definitely would toss in 20 bucks to play those pins and drink a few beers though.

Same here!

#7 3 years ago

I cant go but you can come borrow Street Fighter II and Terminator 2

#8 3 years ago

Hello - Newly relocated to DE. I'm in.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Chad, I am not a tournament player so couldn't care less about the actual tourney setup.
    Definitely would toss in 20 bucks to play those pins and drink a few beers though. Please keep me posted, as ggbgroup mentioned fall is probably a better time.
    Rich

Rich - I don't think we would turn any fellow Pinsiders who want to make the trip down to drink and play! Hell, if you are putting up $20 you might as well play in the tournament for fun and who knows, you might get lucky and walk away with some cash!

Come on down!

Quoted from Malenko:

I cant go but you can come borrow Street Fighter II and Terminator 2

Thanks for the offer! If we consider this I will definitely reach out!

#10 3 years ago

In addition to the main tournament, we will also be holding a few side tournaments as well. Whatever the people want. Dollar games, Hidden Flipper format, split flipper format. And a few games of Left, Right, Center as well!

You don't have to BYOB, we will have stuff available, but I know some people prefer certain beverages so feel free to bring it along.

As for food, I think I will probably end up grilling a wide variety of things for everyone to eat. Or maybe I just grill scrapple all day long?

#11 3 years ago

Now that you're throwing DE into the IFPA mix, have you thought about running a SCS championship in February?
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/scs/

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Now that you're throwing DE into the IFPA mix, have you thought about running a SCS championship in February?
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/scs/

Have not! Not sure what that entails, but I'm sure it's something that me and wmspin would definitely entertain.

#13 3 years ago

Reach out to the IFPA. Someone will need to be the official state representative, and you'll have to run some minimum number of events/year.

#14 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I will talk it with Mike (WMSPIN).

#15 3 years ago

Some photos of the game room where the tournament will be held.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#16 3 years ago

I'd be interested if I could make it, and if the tourney was ifpa sanctioned.

Mike

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I'd be interested if I could make it, and if the tourney was ifpa sanctioned.
    Mike

Mike,

We are looking to have everything finalized over the next couple of weeks. As soon as we iron out the details I will let you know. Thanks for your interest!

#18 3 years ago

Target number of players we are shooting for is around 30-40, with 40 probably stretching it. If we can get 30 confirmed spots that would be killer! So far we have 15 interested in coming.

#19 3 years ago

I'd be in...IFPA sanctioning might dissuade non-registered / non-sanctioned players from coming and participating though. I'd be happy to hook you up with some LED's or a few products / something as prizes.

#20 3 years ago

Id take the trip down as long as the the date works for me when its locked down.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'd be in...IFPA sanctioning might dissuade non-registered / non-sanctioned players from coming and participating though. I'd be happy to hook you up with some LED's or a few products / something as prizes.

Colson dude, I can't say enough good things about you man, you rock! What a great asset to the pinball community. As for using IFPA or not, we will go with the majority. I wasn't sure if most people would want it or not. I'm new to the pinball tournament scene and don't know what people want when they attend a tournament. At this rate, most people are saying forget IFPA and that is fine be me. We may look into hosting the IFPA "official" state tournament in February, so that could always be an option for the IFPA players in Delaware.

Quoted from dorksince83:

Id take the trip down as long as the the date works for me when its locked down.

Sounds good! Hopefully you either know some fellow pinsiders or friends local to you that also want to make the trip down and you guys/gals can carpool down!

#22 3 years ago

All,

We have our first official sponsor for the event with Lights Out Pinball and colsond3 stepping up and volunteering to donate some prizes for the giveaways. If you are unfamiliar with Lights Out Pinball, please become familiar with them. They have awesome deals on LEDS, along with other pinball mods that will make your machines shine. They also have a decent inventory of games and they are active in the community buying/trading/selling. And to top it off, Colson is just awesome in general. Have a drink with him!

Lastly, keep spreading the word fellow Pinsiders, we are up to 20 people, date pending.

#23 3 years ago

I sent a group message to some of the guys i play in pinball league with mattg said he would attend and a guy i know named matt mcmahon who isnt on pinside said he would come.

#24 3 years ago

As a DE native I'll put up a RZ Apron mod if there's interest.

I'll be in the Red Mill pond area for vacation after SFGE.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from dorksince83:

I sent a group message to some of the guys i play in pinball league with mattg said he would attend and a guy i know named matt mcmahon who isnt on pinside said he would come.

Much thanks! If you have any feedback or suggestions let us know!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll be in the Red Mill pond area for vacation after SFGE.

Thanks! I know of at least one person coming that has an RZ.

Where did you grow up at in DE?

#27 3 years ago

We are currently in talks with Mispillion Brewing Company, which is a local brewery, about 5 minutes from wmspin house. We are trying to see if they are willing to donate some good brew or swag. We will keep you updated! http://www.mispillionriverbrewing.com/

Lastly, we will have a date ironed out by the end of next week so everyone can start planning. It will definitely be in either September or October.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Lastly, we will have a date ironed out by the end of next week so everyone can start planning. It will definitely be in either September or October.

Check the dates for the York show...that's usually in October.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Check the dates for the York show...that's usually in October.

Already got that blocked off, that's Sept 29 and 30th. That's also the same weekend Dover, DE hosts the NASCAR race, so we kill both of those on one date!

#30 3 years ago

Assuming I am free on the date you choose, I'd probably drive down.

#31 3 years ago

I'd say I'm open to carpooling down...but I'll probably be looking for games to snag on the way down or back.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Assuming I am free on the date you choose, I'd probably drive down.

Definitely would love to have you join us! Bring as many Philly peeps as you can along with you!

#33 3 years ago

Weekend update, we currently have 24 people interested. Most of those people are from NJ and PA. I'm having trouble reaching the pinheads over in Baltimore/DC. I'll send some PM's to some of the heavy users on Pinside and if any of you have a good relationship with anyone in that area, please let them know. Thanks!

#34 3 years ago

I know there are 2 of us from around Baltimore that are interested in coming.

#35 3 years ago

I'm definitely interested. Please let me know when you have a date locked in.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Evilive69:

Great news! Excited to meet you!

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Thanks! I know of at least one person coming that has an RZ.
    Where did you grow up at in DE?

Newark

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from insaneinthedrain:

I'm definitely interested. Please let me know when you have a date locked in.

Whereabouts will you be coming from?

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Evilive69:

Do you happen to be one of the Most brothers, and if not, are you friends with them?

#40 3 years ago

Ahh, I've lived all 43 years of my life in Sussex County. If you lived down here I would probably know you

#41 3 years ago

Looks like we are adding a Target Alpha to the lineup next week.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I can bring a RZ for you to put it on.

Yeah, Tuna & I would be all in to come to something like this. She'll beat more of you than I will but all of it sounds like a blast. "Besties" dollar games are my favorite way to take your monies. I've only met Mr. reddog a couple of times but I would not underestimate his ability to make an event pop.

This is a good thing, for sure.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I can bring a RZ for you to put it on.
    Yeah, Tuna & I would be all in to come to something like this. She'll beat more of you than I will but all of it sounds like a blast. "Besties" dollar games are my favorite way to take your monies. I've only met Mr. reddog a couple of times but I would not underestimate his ability to make an event pop.
    This is a good thing, for sure.

Bring it! That and Flip Flop

And yes, being in the DJ/Entertainment business for over 20 years, I try my hardest to make any event pop!

#44 3 years ago

Now you're puttin' the pressure on. I still have a stupid credit hack to figure out how to remove on Flip Flop, got everything I need but the time to wrap my head around it. Stuck with one player games... but I can rustle up another one that plays great with very little notice. It's a fun game.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Now you're puttin' the pressure on. I still have a stupid credit hack to figure out how to remove on Flip Flop, got everything I need but the time to wrap my head around it. Stuck with one player games... but I can rustle up another one that plays great with very little notice. It's a fun game.

My conquest 200 is only one player. I dropped a power ball in it over the weekend and now the game plays even faster!

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Now you're puttin' the pressure on.

Quoted from djreddog:

And yes, being in the DJ/Entertainment business for over 20 years

I heard that you always end a show with "Puttin on the Ritz" from Taco. LOL. Really, if I hear that song when I come down, I'm leaving....and taking Conquest back with me.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I heard that you always end a show with "Puttin on the Ritz" from Taco. LOL. Really, if I hear that song when I come down, I'm leaving....and taking Conquest back with me.

You won't hear that, but it's a good chance you will hear "Whip It".

#48 3 years ago

I'm interested. My girlfriend would probably be up for it as well.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

I'm interested. My girlfriend would probably be up for it as well.

Good to hear! So far I think we have 3-4 women interested, one being my girlfriend.

#50 3 years ago

All depends on the date chosen, but I'll be there if I'm free!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 109.99
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 53.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 8,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Stealth arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 254.99
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside