Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
    DE2 (resized).PNG
    DE State Standings (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Tournament Date: January 20, 2018
    Where: Wilmington Home Amusements - 14 Germay Dr. Wilmington, Delaware 19804
    Event will be from 1pm-5pm. Food and beverage is allowed to be brought to the location. $10 coin drop fee(admission fee, games are set to free play), plus $20 tournament fee.

We will be following the rules put in place by IFPA for the State Championship Series.

Head-to-Head Single Elimination Format
    Players will be placed in a single elimination bracket once the seedings have been completed.

First round pairings are as follows:
    1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15, 3 vs. 14, 4 vs. 13,
    5 vs. 12, 6 vs. 11, 7 vs. 10, 8 vs. 9

Second round pairings are as follows:
    1/16 winner vs. 8/9 winner, 2/15 winner vs. 7/10 winner,
    3/14 winner vs. 6/11 winner, 4/13 winner vs. 5/12 winner

Third round pairings are as follows:
    1/8/9/16 winner vs. 4/5/12/13 winner,
    2/7/10/15 winner vs. 3/6/11/14 winner

Fourth round pairing are as follows:
    Two winners of round 3 play for the State Championship
    Two losers of round 3 player in the Consolation Final for 3rd/4th place.

Each match will be a best-of-seven. The higher seeded player will have choice of machine or position for the 1st game, with the loser of each subsequent game having choice of machine or order, until someone has won 4 games. A machine may not be played more than once in the same match unless there are less than 7 machines available. If that is the case, only after all machines have been chosen can either player select that game to be played for a second time within the same match. Once a player verbally announces their game choice, or chooses position, that decision will be locked in and cannot be changed.

Each player will have the opportunity for 30 seconds of practice time before starting every game of every match. This is to ensure that both players have a chance to get familiar with the machine.

The winner of the match advances to the next round, while the loser is eliminated.

The 3rd/4th place Consolation Final will be played as a best-of-three instead of a best-of-seven like all other rounds, using the same rules. All other finishing positions will also be played out in best-of-three matches to also determine 5th through 16th place.

PRIZE PAY OUTS:
    1st Place = $93
    2nd Place = $65
    3rd Place = $46

#2 6 years ago

Top 16 have qualified. I have already confirmed that the #1 seed, Steve Bowden, and the #9 seed, Greg Poverelli, will not be attending. I have also confirmed that the #17 seed, Brian LeBlanc, has accepted one of the alternate spots. Here are the confirmed participants so far:

1. Chad Hastings
    2. Mike Veith
    3. Pete Tsipouras
    4. Matt Groh
    5. Rob DeStasio
    6. Tom DeStasio
    7. Matt Gusler
    8. Joe Fox Jr.
    9. Beck Gusler
    10. Charlie Bucks
    11. Corey Hulse
    12. Brian LeBlanc

Still have 4 spots to confirm or fill. Below is the current list of alternates:

1. Howard Dobson
    2. Joe Fox Sr.
    3. Marianne Pangia
    4. Christina Queen

DE State Standings (resized).JPGDE State Standings (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

At this time I have no further details, such as when does registration open, when does it end, what machines will be there, will they be in tournament mode, etc. As soon as I know more, I will let everyone know.

I do know that Rage Tilt Pinball will be in attendance promoting, sponsoring, and streaming the finals! Please help support this awesome new company. More info about Rage Tilt can be found here https://www.ragetiltpinball.com/ and here https://www.facebook.com/ragetilt/

#5 6 years ago

Thanks Corey. The deadline to commit to the State Tournament is 1/7/18

With the State Championships planned earlier than normal on January 20th, 2018, registration process for SCS is going to be QUICK (not quite Pinburgh fast, but faster than usual). Players will have until the end of January 7th, 8pm CST to declare the state they wish to compete in. Contact your IFPA State Representative to make sure you are registered for the state you wish to play in.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

What's the $10 coin drop fee? Is that for admission in lieu of coin drop or...? Tuna was wondering if there'd be games to play for attendees who didn't qualify. I'm going to need to put in for the day off as I'm currently scheduled to work the 20th.

Yes, that's admission. Games are all on free play. I haven't talked to him about non-tournament players and what it would cost for them to play. I'm hoping to get over there this week or weekend to iron out some details.

#8 6 years ago

ATTENTION,

IFPA requires that we have your email address on file to be eligible to compete in the IFPA World Championship and the various IFPA Championship Series that are hosted.

We just made a public announcement on our site reminding players to get their account REGISTERED if they want to compete in the SCS. It's the duty of those players to submit a profile update to make themselves eligible.

There are numerous people on the list who do not have a registered email address with IFPA, which is required in order to go to the SCS or Nationals. Please visit IFPA's site ASAP to register your email. Thank you.

#9 6 years ago

An email (transcript below) was just sent out to all 54 players who played in 1 of the 2 tournaments hosted in Delaware this year. If you did not receive an email, that is because you are not officially registered with IFPA. As mentioned in the previous post, you have to be registered with a valid email address in order to play in the State Championships. Additionally you cannot just show up on 1/20 and expect to play without registering your account. If you do just show up, and your account is NOT registered with IFPA, you will not be playing, instead your spot will be given to the next player in line that has a registered account. Please update your accounts ASAP and notify me once you have done so. This will be the last effort to contact people who are not registered. Below is the list of people who do not have registered IFPA accounts.

#3 - Mike Veith
    #5 - Matt Groh
    #7 - Matt King
    #8 - Tom DeStasio
    #17 - Brian LeBlanc
    #21 - Christina Queen
    #24 - Sean Nagowski
    #26 - Joe McGinnis
    #28 - Rich Moon
    #31 - Cindy Myers
    #32 - Dennis Vallone
    #37 - Sam Cardona
    #40 - Jim Cardona
    #43 - Joe Czajkowski
    #44 - Anthony Wojtkowiak
    #45 - Jason Hansen
    #46 - J Phil Marozzi
    #47 - Shawna Fuss
    #48 - Issa Cardona
    #49 - Frank Lane
    #51 - Matt McMahon
    #52 - Todd Severn
    #53 - Mike Myers

All,

We are contacting you regarding the 2017-18 IFPA Delaware State Pinball Championship, to be held Saturday, January 20th at Wilmington Amusements in Wilmington, DE. The official process involves emailing the top 100 people qualified in the state, which is the purpose of this email.

Tournament will start at 1pm.

For more details on the tournament please read up here:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/scs/rules/

Important information I need from you is whether you can or cannot attend. If you cannot attend or are not interested please respond immediately as the IFPA needs to move down the rankings list as quickly as possible to fill these 16 spots. If no response is received before the deadline you will automatically be skipped and the next available person who can attend will inherit your spot.

Registration is open until January 7th, 8pm CST, at which time if a response has not been received by the IFPA, we will remove you from the eligible players list and fill the field with those players ranked below you that have accepted the invitation.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Chad Hastings
    IFPA Delaware State Representative

#10 6 years ago

Update for everyone regarding the State Championship. I went onsite today and met with Scott to get answers to all the lingering questions. I believe I covered everything, if not please let me know.

1. Do they have WiFi? YES

2. Can we use their WIFI to live stream the event? YES

3. If some of the participants bring their significant others/children/friends, can they play games that are not in use? YES, accompanied with a $10 admission fee. Normal rates are $10 an hour for free play, however Scott is making an exception and will be charging anyone that is not in the tournament $10 for the entire day.

4. Do we have the ability to setup the games for tournament play? YES. I will have access to the facility either the night before or early that morning to go through the games to make sure they are set to Tournament Mode, extra balls are turned off, and tilt levels are set.

5. During the tournament we will have access to the games for stuck balls? YES

6. Where to park? Wilmington Amusements has plenty of parking. Besides the street parking, there are about 6 spots in front of the store and then around the back of the building there is more than enough parking spots.

7. Food and Beverage options? There are no options onsite for food or beverage. We are allowed to bring in food and beverage from the outside. We will be placing a pizza order if anyone is interested. He has a deal with a local pizza place for $6 pizzas.

8. What machines will be in the tournament? **This list is subject to change**. Please keep in mind this is a retail establishment that sells to the public. Games on this list could sell tomorrow, next week, or even the night before. However he is what is currently on the showroom floor.

Pinbot
    Lethal Weapon 3
    Addams Family
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Road Show
    Star Wars Episode 1
    Sopranos
    Terminator 2
    No Fear
    South Park
    Junk Yard
    Cyclone
    NBA Fast Break
    Gorgar
    Sorceror
    Corvette
    Bram Stokers Dracula

Below is a list of games he is working on that may be included:

Fish Tales
    Fire
    Road Kings
    8 Ball Deluxe
    World Cup Soccer

I think that covers everything!

3 weeks later
    #12 6 years ago

Well the first ever Delaware State Pinball Championships is in the books. Such a great tournament. The first ever Delaware State Pinball Champion title goes to Rob DeStasio from NJ, who edged out Pete Tsipouras in the final match. Congratulations once again Rob!

Full results are below. Delaware decided to play out all 16 positions, so the official standings are below:

1. Rob DeStasio
    2. Pete Tsipouras
    3. Tom DeStasio
    4. Matt Gusler
    5. Chad Hastings
    6. Matt King
    7. Mike Veith
    8. Corey Hulse
    9. Matt Groh
    10. Beck Gusler
    11. Marianne Pangia
    12. Joe Fox Jr
    13. Rob Thomas
    14. Brian LeBlanc
    15. Charlie Bucks
    16. Joe Fox Sr

image.pngimage.png

#15 6 years ago

Here is the Challonge bracket for those interested:

http://challonge.com/2018_IFPA_delaware_scs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/delaware-state-championships-1202018?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.