5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

Fellow Pinballers,

I'm reaching out to all of you today to inform you that the time has come to try and bring more pinball to the state of Delaware. The resurgence of pinball over the past 5 years has been incredible in and of itself, however, combined with the recent efforts of the First State Flippers over the past 2.5 years, competitive pinball in Delaware is rapidly becoming a hotbed in the tri-state area. More cowbell? No, more pinball!!

Yet there is one glaring thing missing in Delaware and that is a place that pinball enthusiasts can come together and enjoy pinball in a relaxed setting other than someone's basement. I've personally talked to so many restaurant and bars about adding pinball machines and no one wants to do it and most of the time there is no real good reason. Pinball leagues are all the rage across the US, except in Delaware, and the First State Flippers crew wants to change that. We truly believe that we can push Delaware to the top of everyone's destination list when it comes to a place where enthusiasts, hobbyists, and competitors can gather to play a simple game that we all love.

With that said, we are looking to create a pinball social club and/or collective. Our ideal spot would be large enough to hold about 30 games from private collections plus some ample seating for people that would include a mixture of chairs and couches. This social club would give all of us an opportunity to come together and enjoy pinball, rather than playing at home or at the random bar by ourselves. While we are excited about this opportunity, please know that its in the very early planning stages, however we can't make this happen without the support of the local hobbyists/enthusiasts/competitors, and that is where all of you come into play. We need your help and support to make this vision possible.

At this point all we are looking for are people in and around Delaware that are willing to help support this effort by any means necessary. We will have more details to come in the coming days/weeks but for now we are just gauging interest. If you have friends or know of other enthusiasts in or around Delaware who would be interested in this social club, please have them contact me.

Finally, we have already reached out to a few different "pinball collectives" to get their feedback and we will be sharing some of those details in the very near future. So, if you want to see pinball grow in the First State let me know and together we can all make this happen!

--
    Chad Hastings
    First State Flippers
    302-228-8988
    https://www.facebook.com/1ststateflippers

#2 5 months ago

Chad - as you already know glad to help and be involved. Further north the more involved I can be! Rodney

#3 5 months ago
    Quoted from rodcom:

Chad - as you already know glad to help and be involved. Further north the more involved I can be! Rodney

Thanks Rodney! Interesting is starting to build. I'm going to give this another week, then start reaching out to individuals with more specifics. Stay tuned!

#4 5 months ago

Awesome Chad! - can't wait to hear details on this. Let me know what I can do to help.

#5 5 months ago

i’d reach out towards larger pinball places like barcade and pinball gallery to see if they want to expand their franchise

#6 5 months ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Awesome Chad! - can't wait to hear details on this. Let me know what I can do to help.

Will do!

#7 5 months ago

OK Pinside. Things are looking pretty positive. I believe our next step is to start officially looking for a reasonable office space. If you have any realtor friends, or friends that own strip malls, please let us know! We are focusing our efforts on a space located anywhere between Middletown and Wilmington.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,599.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside