(Topic ID: 291121)

Delaware Now Has An Official IFPA/FSPA League!!!

By djreddog

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by djreddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Yes, you read the topic correctly!! Delaware now has an official IFPA/FSPA league taking place in Dover, Delaware!! While the IFPA is currently on hold, once it resumes this league will be an official IFPA sanctioned league. Additionally, we will be using the FSPA guidelines to run this league. A few details about the league are listed below. Also, we have 2 available spots if anyone wants to join.

We do have an official website for our league where you will be able to visit so you can view the standings, view stats on games and other players, and see information about the league in general. Here is the website you want to bookmark:

http://fsf.league.papa.org/

Below are some bullet points covering the more important stuff:

1. We currently have 18 players who have signed up for our inaugural session which starts on 4/6
    2. League Membership is $10 per person
    3. Weekly league dues will be $5 per person and is due each week
    4. This league will take place in private homes because Delaware doesn't have any public places to host a league!
    5. Start time each week will be 7pm. Practice will begin at 6:30pm and end at 6:55pm.
    6. For this first session at least and possibly a few more, we will be following COVID guidelines. Masks will be required to be worn at all times while playing, standing, or moving around. Players will be asked to only eat/drink while they are sitting down. These restrictions will lighten up once things with COVID settle down some more.

Here is the league schedule for the Spring 2021 session:
    Week 1 - 4/6
    Week 2 - 4/13
    Week 3 - 4/20
    Week 4 - 4/27
    Week 5 - 5/4
    Week 6 - 5/11
    Week 7 - 5/18
    Week 8 - 5/25 (final week of regular season)
    Week 9 - 6/1 NO LEAGUE PLAY
    Week 10 - 6/8 PLAYOFFS FOR THOSE PLAYERS WHO QUALIFIED

#2 3 years ago

Just a quick point of clarification: First State Flippers is using FSPA's rules and scorekeeping system, but isn't actually affiliated with the Free State Pinball Association (FSPA) in the Washington DC/Baltimore area. But we wish djreddog and the Delaware crew much success with their new league.

And of course, any league is welcome to use FSPA's scorekeeping system, with our rules or pretty much any rules of your choosing... sign up for free at http://league.papa.org

#3 3 years ago

This guy Chad aka djreddog is really making noise with the Delaware pinball scene!

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

This guy Chad aka djreddog is really making noise with the Delaware pinball scene!

And we are just getting started!!! Stay tuned as we have big plans for such a small state!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ferret:

Just a quick point of clarification: First State Flippers is using FSPA's rules and scorekeeping system, but isn't actually affiliated with the Free State Pinball Association (FSPA) in the Washington DC/Baltimore area. But we wish djreddog and the Delaware crew much success with their new league.
    And of course, any league is welcome to use FSPA's scorekeeping system, with our rules or pretty much any rules of your choosing... sign up for free at http://league.papa.org

What is FSPA? Is it like a competing organization or something? First time I’ve heard of it

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What is FSPA? Is it like a competing organization or something? First time I’ve heard of it

See post 2. Free State Pinball Association. Been running leagues for 20+ years and Ferret wrote his own custom software to run leagues with, which is free!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

FSPA has run pinball leagues in the Washington DC / Baltimore MD metro area since 1995. (We'd be at 26 years of continuous seasons, were it not for &$%^ COVID.) We were amongst the first organizations to create a thorough ruleset for competitive pinball, portions of which have found their way into most other rulesets of leagues and tournaments. And we created an online scorekeeping system for leagues, which we're able to offer completely free to any leagues who wish to use it, thanks to our friends at PAPA and the Replay Foundation.

#8 3 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

That's all I ever think about when someone mentions Delaware.

But now I have a second reason. Hooray for you guys!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

[quoted image]
    That's all I ever think about when someone mentions Delaware.
    But now I have a second reason. Hooray for you guys!

Thanks! We’ve been running sanctioned tournaments since 2017, this is just our first foray into leagues. I’m stoked to have 18 players for our first ever session!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/delaware-now-has-an-official-ifpa-fspa-league?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.