Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mkecasey
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CsxQnbqXEBcoszj (resized).jpg
    3B061B67-1D56-4EC2-878E-5F1E81245D3F.jpeg
    A9068556-FE6C-4F56-8502-0B9EDBE43751.jpeg
    2318DF5C-717C-40E2-ADBB-1DDDE04EA30C.jpeg
    B3EC675E-783A-4D4E-AEEC-9E565F94C298.jpeg
    IMG_7135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3864 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3836 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3837 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3835 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7141 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schnollms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago

I'd be interested if it's in northern DE (near the bridge) since I'm coming from north jersey. I'd only go if there's at least 100 pins and a decent flea market. Otherwise, (no offense intended) it wouldn't be worth my while since I'm a 2 hour drive just to the bridge not including turnpike traffic.
    I love seeing the hobby grow and would be in support if it's a decent size with good quality EMs. If the show meets my criteria, it'll be very difficult to pull it off within the next few months. I'm also wondering if ivan will do a fall show in Allentown (which is unlikely since he hasn't said anything about that but it might still be a possibility).

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I doubt you will make the first year or two of any show if you expect to see over 100 pins on Freeplay. When York started at the Fire Hall I doubt if there were half that many and I an sure Allentown was the same way early on. The only show I have ever heard of that started big is Pintastic and Gabe worked well over a year and put a ton of money at risk to make that happen.
    If a first time show starts with 25 to 50 pins and a hand full of vendors they are doing well. But I wouldn't expect a first time show to be much bigger than 50 machines and a half dozen vendors unless someone gets very-very lucky or risks a ton of money. Force Flow will tell you how hard it is to get a show off the ground if you ask him and so far to my knowledge he and Gabe are two of just very few people who have even attempted to add a new show.

Yes I'm completely aware and understanding of that. York started with 60 pins. Only 100 people were supposed to come to the first Allentown show. Unfortunately I have a very busy day to day schedule and I only do this strictly as a side hobby. Traveling more than 2 hours for a pinball show for me is very time consuming and expensive and unfortunately (no disrespect) it's not worth me and my family's time and $ for a show that doesn't meet my "criteria." I love to attend all types of antique shows and love to see the hobby expand and despite what I said last sentence I love going to shows but on the flip side, can't make them all.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

All,
    While we do have some interest, it didn't reach the level I needed or expected in order to pull off a show before the end of the year. With that said, I will be shelving the idea of having a 2017 show and instead will focus on making this happen for November 2018. Thanks for the feedback so far and stay tuned for more announcements early next year.
    -Chad

Let me know if u need any help. Hopefully u can get 100-125+ pins. I do think it's possible to make that happen because many people appear to be interested in an Allentown fall show but I don't think that'll happen. So hopefully this show takes its place

#37 6 years ago

I read that the Chase Center on the River Front in Wilmington has a great venue. It's also not far off the DE Memorial Bridge. A Mid-November to early December show with 125+ pins would be something I'm interested in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schnollms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/delaware-fall-show-interest?tu=schnollms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.