(Topic ID: 61285)

Design your perfect 5 game non-licensed lineup and why

By Whysnow

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

If $$$ were no option and you could build a 5 game line up of all NON-licensed themes what would it be an why?

I go with Fishtales, Whitewater, BK2k, RFM, and Centaur currently

FT is cheesey and I love the cheese plus it is tough and just fits with living in WI

WH2O is a perfect match to FT and also the exact opposite >> ramp master next to fast and furious cross over in your face

BK2K because who does not love to bounce up and down to the tunes and get amped to a straight forward game that makes fun of you and cheers you on.

RFM because pin2K rocks and it adds to the variety of the games. I mean come on> you get to shoot at pictures of aliens and it has great comedy

Centaur >>> again more variety and great classic style line art plus a straight forward ruleset

#3 10 years ago

tamoore >> why that specific lineup?

I'd think AFM and MM are very similar or AFM and RFM are similar in theme enough???

#4 10 years ago

AFM and MM feel like totally different games to me. The idea that they're similar comes from... I don't know. It's like T2 and AC/DC are similar, but they're totally different.

AFM and RFM are the same theme, but totally different feeling games.

Diner is a great looking and playing machine.

WH20 is really funn to shoot. Love the ramps.

#6 10 years ago

WH2O - all the ramps you'll ever need

Fathom- Bally 81 alum. The only one I'd choose over Flash Gordon

Funhouse - love the creepy.

Black Hole- one of the coldest, most clinical machines ever put together

Single player Gottlieb wedgehead. I would be equally happy with so many different titles in this era.

#7 10 years ago
    #8 10 years ago

*licensed*

what is the significance of them being non-licensed? just curious.

Cactus Canyon - I like the theme. Ramps are nice and smooth. Rarity. Awesome new Continued software a must, though!

MM- No explanation needed.

Whirlwind - nostalgia factor for me.

FT - I like fishing. Monster fish makes me bust a gut.

Jack*bot - The best bot

#9 10 years ago
    #11 10 years ago

non-licensed just because I tend to like the non stuff because I find it more timeless and like pinball designers and software folks are less constrained on these titles and we see more of their true talents.

#12 10 years ago

- BBB
    - Captain Nemo
    - One Zaccaria from the 80's: Farfalla, locomotion, or Pinball Champ
    - Another pin from the 80's: Centaur / Fathom / Barracora / Spectrum...(*)
    - One EM: Target Alpha.

(*) Black Hole is a licensed pin (but who remembers that dumb movie !?)... otherwise would be there too.

#13 10 years ago

I think I may trade out Cebtaur for WW in my hypothetical lineup >> I need a lawlor in there

#14 10 years ago

Now that i think of it I may also swap in Zombie Adventure or Spooky or Ben Heck's new game for the WH2O slot. I mean, I made the rule of $$$ being no issue so why not spurgle a little on a rare title like Jpops new game

#15 10 years ago

CV
    TOM
    MM
    JOLLY PARK
    WH2O

#16 10 years ago

All of these games have great sound, art and multiball. Those are my three favorites aspects of pinball:

Black Knight
    Centaur
    Diner
    Space Shuttle
    Whirlwind

Alternates: might swap Sorcerer for Space Shuttle. might swap TOTAN for Whirlwind

-mof

#17 10 years ago

Afm-Theme alone.
    CC-Western, cool art, nice flow
    Wh20- Ramps ramps ramps.
    Tom- great pin overall
    Totan- Amazing art

#18 10 years ago

MM-theme and gameplay
    FT-sentimental value
    WH20-ramps and topper
    TOM- artwork and theme
    RS- depth

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

(*) Black Hole is a licensed pin (but who remembers that dumb movie !?)... otherwise would be there too.

Hey now, I remember that awesome movie! I used to draw pictures of bad-ass Maximillian on everything.

I'm pretty sure the table and the movie are unrelated- just closely released together, (although I'm betting Gottlieb had to know there would be assumptions linking the two.)

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

I'm pretty sure the table and the movie are unrelated- just closely released together, (although I'm betting Gottlieb had to know there would be assumptions linking the two.)

You might be right, need to check. I am surprised Disney would not have protected that name!
    (You forced me to watch the movie trailer... OMG... You'll be cursed for that )

#21 10 years ago

I'd probably go with the following:

AFM - Fast and simple game with great rules and theme
    CV - Beautiful game with unique layout and fairly deep rules.-and a great wizard mode
    FT - kind of reminds me of a more modern System 11 game with DMD. great humor and fun!
    Whirlwind - Need a Pat Lawlor design and WW edges out Funhouse for me.
    BK2K - Struggled with choosing between this and Centaur. But a line-up wouldn't be complete without a Steve Ritchie game in it. Spectacular sound and art package!

#22 10 years ago

Any one of several wedge heads
    Stargazer - Early SS; love the unique "scoops" by the flippers and the spinners
    Taxi - System 11; theme, music, the ability to steal the Jackpot...
    MM - DMD for most of the usual reasons, particularly the humor.
    The forthcoming Jon Pop pin in a fun gamble.

That should do nicely.

-Steve

#23 10 years ago

TOTAN- I loved playing it on the Pinball Arcade.
    HH- Cool theme that would be a nice distraction in a bigger collection.
    HS2- Not much into cars, but the fast speed of the game and music do it for me.
    POTO- The art is terrific and it's a bit of a steep game.
    Firepower, Black Hole, Skateball, something like that

#24 10 years ago

TOM - fun, flow, art, theme
    BBB - never played, want to someday, prob need to own to play, also a nice collection piece!
    Pinbot - childhood fav
    Black Rose - love the shot pattern and variety
    Embyron or Space Invaders - early childhood fav

#25 10 years ago

WH20- love those ramps!

Getaway- Love that flow.

Banzai run- So unique, have a feeling that non pinhead guests would be blown away by it.

Centaur- Old school EM feel but has those extra features that put it over the top. And the artwork is amazing and unique.

Whirlwind- Need something that will really challenge me.

Would also possibly swap in Pinball zombies from beyond the grave for Banzai Run but would have to see it first.

#26 10 years ago

There is no "perfect" non-licensed 5 pin lineup because there is no modern/dmd zombie themed pin!

#27 10 years ago

King Kong (it technically never got licensed), BBB, MM, CC, MB .... so I can sell them all and change this 5 pin lineup into a 40 pin lineup

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

AFM and MM feel like totally different games to me. The idea that they're similar comes from... I don't know. .

Same theme & basic layout I would assume.

They certainly feel diff'rent being diff'rent systems though.

#29 10 years ago

MM - perfect mix if everything theme, art, sound, & rules.
    AFM - timeless classic that never gets old. Has some of the best multiball modes around.
    WH2O - Best multi playfield game there is. Excellent rules and design.
    Kingpin (Capcom) - Awesome theme, sound and dotmatrix animation.
    BBB - Great adult theme, art, dotmatrix animation and sweet lighting.

#30 10 years ago

Easy--most of my favorite pins are non-licenses.

Embryon
    Diner
    Whirlwind
    FunHouse
    Black Knight

#31 10 years ago

Centaur
    Whirlwind
    Surf Champ
    Sorcerer
    Cyclone

#32 10 years ago

1.Medieval Madness, love the theme always a huge fan of castle destroying one is even cooler.

2.Whirlwind, its a fun relaxing game to play especially after sweating love the fan.

3.Gorgar, I like the artwork a lot and its a good ole game to play with some history.

4.Black Knight, also another great artwork machine and has easy to get to for me multiball + the Magna saves and uperplayield first.

5.I'm torn between white Water, Fun House, Fire, TOTAN, and any of the three theme park pins comet, cyclone stupid brain cant remember the other, for my last choice. I guess I'd say White Water the most to much fun I love the ramps, Bigfoot, and the deep rules they pretty cool. I loved the modded white one at expo with the white frost mountains and white trim sweet!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

King Kong (it technically never got licensed), BBB, MM, CC, MB .... so I can sell them all and change this 5 pin lineup into a 40 pin lineup

But money wasn't a problem to begin with

#34 10 years ago

great lists here and very happy to see some of my favorites among the lists.

also

Quoted from RobT:

There is no "perfect" non-licensed 5 pin lineup because there is no modern/dmd zombie themed pin!

not yet...

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

MB is licensed. You need to pick another one!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deisign-your-perfect-5-game-non-liscensed-lineup-and-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.