(Topic ID: 311386)

Degenerate Pinheads... Remember Garbage Pail Kids?

By drypaint

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220422_232016321 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220506_181915_01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220709-212051 (resized).png
    IMG_7969 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220419_190353679 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220419_125619 (resized).jpg
    santa-is-always-watching (resized).jpg
    IMG_3519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20220318_131236 (resized).jpg
    gpk (resized).JPG
    IMG_20220315_170803 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220315_171245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220315_171231 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220315_105807 (resized).png
    PXL_20220309_182323717 (resized).jpg
    Pinhead Pearl (resized).jpg
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Do you remember Garbage Pail Kids cards!?! The Flipper Room has been working on a parody project called Degenerate Pinheads that is GPK meets Pinball. We have three artists that have worked and are still working on finalizing the designs: Dirty Donny, Zach Hall, and Brent Scotchmer (who is an official TOPPS sketch artist for Garbage Pail Kids, Star Wars and more...). Many of them are already available as 11" x 15.625" giclee prints on our Pinside shop and website. When the designs are complete they will be printed as collector card stickers.

Here are some finished pieces from Zach Hall (Watermark logo not on actual product)...

deathsavedave (resized).jpgdeathsavedave (resized).jpgAdd-A-Paul (resized).jpgAdd-A-Paul (resized).jpgrage-tilt-roger (resized).jpgrage-tilt-roger (resized).jpgTilt Bob (resized).jpgTilt Bob (resized).jpgTina-Tilter (resized).jpgTina-Tilter (resized).jpgMagna-Save Marley (resized).jpgMagna-Save Marley (resized).jpgRe-Skin Rick (resized).jpgRe-Skin Rick (resized).jpgWedgehead-will (resized).jpgWedgehead-will (resized).jpgservice-tech-tess (resized).jpgservice-tech-tess (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago

A few Concept Sketches from Brent...

Multi-Ball Molly (resized).jpgMulti-Ball Molly (resized).jpgDrop Target Terry (resized).jpgDrop Target Terry (resized).jpgPinhead Pearl (resized).jpgPinhead Pearl (resized).jpg
    #5 2 years ago

All a hoot! Tilt Bob my fave so far. Sadly my Garbage Pail Kids card was ‘Russ Puss’

#6 2 years ago

Where is PhilLE Flipper?

#7 2 years ago

excellent work!

#8 2 years ago

Watch a rare confluence of genius, talent and gutter immaturity. Bravo gentlemen!

#9 2 years ago

Love these. Great job.

#10 2 years ago

My common name had many... Live Mike, Mad Mike, Mike Dike, Thriller Mike, etc.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from glasairpilot:

Where is PhilLE Flipper?

I have a large list made up of names from local players and others. The artists selected from the list. No name with Flipper was selected believe it or not. If these do well the next series will have to have one for sure!

#12 2 years ago

Will the cards be available to purchase as a set? I’d definitely buy at least 1

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Will the cards be available to purchase as a set? I’d definitely buy at least 1

Yes, They will most likely be released as three separate packs of 10 for a full set of 30 cards. the 30 cards will make up 4 puzzles using the back images as puzzle pieces. (3) 9 card puzzle images and (1) 3 card puzzle image. That's the current plan anyway. We are working on securing the sticker card vendor and wax wrapper designs.

So basically, each pack will make a full puzzle plus 1 extra card. If you buy all three packs you can put the extra card from each pack together for the final 3 card puzzle.

Hope that makes sense... LOL.

#14 2 years ago

This is Dirty Donny's contribution to the set. We have a limited number of signed prints on canvas and paper from him.

Sally and Randy (resized).jpgSally and Randy (resized).jpg
    #15 2 years ago

There's a great Garbage Pail kids documentary out

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

There's a great Garbage Pail kids documentary out

Is it "30 years of Garbage"? I have not seen it yet.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Is it "30 years of Garbage"? I have not seen it yet.

Yeah, it's neat, it'll take you back....in time a bit

Also - funny p.s. - my sons name is Finley. I may have to grab one, lol

#18 2 years ago

These are awesome! I will definitely buy these

#19 2 years ago

Very clever, OP! These are way cooler than the originals!

#20 2 years ago

Fantastic artwork !!!

man.. brings back good memories.

I remember being disgusted but also intrigued by the artwork. I used to collect them as a kid. I think some of them you could put together to form a poster.

My jaw used to hurt because of all the chewing gum I used to eat. Every pack came with gum that I just had to eat..

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vin-bot:

Fantastic artwork !!!
    I remember being disgusted but also intrigued by the artwork. I used to collect them as a kid. I think some of them you could put together to form a poster.
    My jaw used to hurt because of all the chewing gum I used to eat. Every pack came with gum that I just had to eat..

They called it gum. It was more like stick of rock.

#22 2 years ago

These are amazing! I still have all my sets of garbage pail kids from the 80s. I even collected some of the 2000s sets. I’d love to get these pinball ones

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

was more like stick of

Yeah.. it was hard ass .. haha

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vin-bot:

Fantastic artwork !!!

Here is a link to my website that has all of completed characters for sale as prints (My Pinside shop does too). 11" x 15.625" high quality giclee prints with archival ink. https://theflipperroom.com/shop/ols/categories/degenerate-pinheads

We will have prints soon that are like uncut sheets of cards... Maybe that's what you are referring to? We just need to get the final 11 images back from the artists. We have 19 of 30 complete.

#25 2 years ago

Oh, Fun fact.... The head that "Death-Save Dave" is cutting off belongs to Paul, and can be found in "Add-A-Paul"

#26 2 years ago

These are disgusting. I love them!

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

We will have prints soon that are like uncut sheets of cards...

An uncut sheet of these is going to look great in my game room!

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

An uncut sheet of these is going to look great in my game room!

Thinking the same thing!

#30 2 years ago

Love these! I loved GPK, I really dig these.

#31 2 years ago

Should have been a Death Savin' Jason with Jason Voorhees......

#32 2 years ago

There's still time, nudge nudge, wink wink...

#33 2 years ago

Super cool.. great job

#34 2 years ago
    PXL_20220309_182323717 (resized).jpgPXL_20220309_182323717 (resized).jpg
    #35 2 years ago

These are awesome! What about Cussin Carl?

#36 2 years ago

These are great! GPK first came out when I was in 2nd grade so I have many, many memories of trading them in grade school and of course now have all the cards, etc. I remember when Topps Vault ebayed all the original art from the early series about 20 years ago. They sold for $600-800 apiece. I thought that was too expensive at the time, but now I look back and wow... should have bought some of those!

These cards all needs twins though, right?

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

These are great! GPK first came out when I was in 2nd grade so I have many, many memories of trading them in grade school and of course now have all the cards, etc. I remember when Topps Vault ebayed all the original art from the early series about 20 years ago. They sold for $600-800 apiece. I thought that was too expensive at the time, but now I look back and wow... should have bought some of those!
    These cards all needs twins though, right?

Damn! I wish I would have known about that.

#38 2 years ago

drypaint : any chance you guys offer the entire set framed like you have in your game room? Just out of curiosity: what might that price be? It looks incredible in your game room.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

drypaint : any chance you guys offer the entire set framed like you have in your game room? Just out of curiosity: what might that price be? It looks incredible in your game room.

I just sent you a message. Thanks!

#40 2 years ago

The framed option will be available soon on my website and pinside after we work out all of the shipping charge combinations at different volumes. But we have them available framed in the gallery and can ship. Just contact me if you are interested. Framed pricing looks like this:

In Store Purchases...
    $75 framed with glass
    $200 as a set of 3, save $25

Shipped Orders...
    $78 each framed with Plexi (safer for shipping)
    $205 as set of 3 with Plexi (save $29)

Edit: Just to be clear, the above prices are for the images created by Zach Hall (as seen in the photo above of my gallery wall). These are open editions and not signed by the artist. The 2 Dirty Donny images are limited to 100 stretched canvases and only 30 paper prints! These are hand signed and numbered and we will never print them again, once sold out. They are also larger than the 18 Zach Hall designs.

#41 2 years ago

Beer anyone...? Super sneak peek at The Flipper Room and Ale Industries beer collaboration. Scheduled to release next month. Volume 1 will be a West Coast IPA with 9 different collectable cans. Yes, they will be available to purchase online and have shipped via the brewery.

IMG_20220315_105807 (resized).pngIMG_20220315_105807 (resized).png

#42 2 years ago

More orders are coming off the printer and getting prepped....

IMG_20220315_170803 (resized).jpgIMG_20220315_170803 (resized).jpgIMG_20220315_171231 (resized).jpgIMG_20220315_171231 (resized).jpgIMG_20220315_171245 (resized).jpgIMG_20220315_171245 (resized).jpg
    #43 2 years ago

Love these. Am I the only one who thought it said Degenerate Potheads though? With the way the I and the N bleed together, it looks that way and I can't unsee it now that I saw it.

Also, for your consideration, "Jackpot John" has a real nice ring to it.

gpk (resized).JPGgpk (resized).JPG

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Love these. Am I the only one who thought it said Degenerate Potheads though? With the way the I and the N bleed together, it looks that way and I can't unsee it now that I saw it.
    Also, for your consideration, "Jackpot John" has a real nice ring to it.
    [quoted image]

Ironically Jack-Pot was on the list that has not been taken by an artist yet

#45 2 years ago

More concept art for the beer can packaging.

IMG_20220318_131236 (resized).jpgIMG_20220318_131236 (resized).jpg
    #46 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

More concept art for the beer can packaging.
    [quoted image]

Looks great!

#47 2 years ago

Do I remember Garbage Pail Kids? I have a problem. Like pinball and I guess everything else right now, most of these unopened boxes are going for many times more than I paid, but I can't convince myself to sell!

IMG_3519 (resized).JPGIMG_3519 (resized).JPG
    #48 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Do I remember Garbage Pail Kids? I have a problem. Like pinball and I guess everything else right now, most of these unopened boxes are going for many times more than I paid, but I can't convince myself to sell!
    [quoted image]

Daaaaaamn!!!!

#49 2 years ago

If my future Pinside Secret Santa is watching, I'm just saying these would be great gift ideas.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

If my future Pinside Secret Santa is watching, I'm just saying these would be great gift ideas.

santa-is-always-watching (resized).jpgsanta-is-always-watching (resized).jpg
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.