Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by luc1f3rb0b
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.38.32 PM (resized).png
    48EE1708-EEB8-4A24-8215-ED6A7FAB5047 (resized).jpeg
    583EB7DE-D57F-41A8-9BE8-8E4471D4CA7B (resized).jpeg
    E9DDFC3F-C721-4FD6-BF74-DE32BA33BE13 (resized).jpeg
    F2234AB0-1121-42B1-8253-0DA29C728932 (resized).jpeg
    3DCA8F6C-FA87-48EC-BFE1-19928D998580 (resized).jpeg
    LOGO SMALL (resized).jpg
    Podcast episode 01 image (resized).jpg
    IMG_0998 (resized).JPG
    64334208_(resized).jpg
    image.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by solarvalue (9 years ago)

Post #116 Useful list of links Posted by DennisK (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Russell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 7 years ago

Here's what I look for in a podcast:

1. Keep me updated about the latest pinball news. I like hearing about the rumors, drama, releases, buzz from shows, tournament news, and the most interesting discussions happening in the Pinside community. In other words, I'd like to feel like I'm plugged in to everything going on in pinball without having to spend hours reading every thread.
    2. Relatively short, maybe around 30 minutes.
    3. Frequent, at least weekly
    4. Carefully curated, not just random conversations. I've gradually deleted all of the super long stream-of-consciousness podcasts. I realize these are easy to produce, but they are really boring.
    5. NO pinball origin stories. (I've always loved pinball....zzzzzzz.....)
    6. No arcade game or virtual pinball news

At the moment, I only listen to C2C, KPP and Pinheadz. Are there others I should try that would get close to my preferences?

2 months later
    #92 7 years ago

I'm really enjoying the Little Kings podcast. Generally short, focused on a few topics, casual conversation but not stream-of-consciousness. Thumbs up.

I'm sick of KPP. I'm not interested in hearing him lecture about his own unhealthy obsession with Pinside. That show can be excellent, but lately it's just a whine-fest. Thumbs down.

1 year later
    #153 5 years ago

Here's what I look for in a podcast:
    1. Keep me updated about the latest pinball news. I like hearing about the rumors, drama, releases, buzz from shows, tournament news, and the most interesting discussions happening in the Pinside community. In other words, I'd like to feel like I'm plugged in to everything going on in pinball without having to spend hours reading every thread.
    2. Relatively short, maybe around 30 minutes.
    3. Frequent, at least weekly
    4. Carefully curated, not just random conversations. I've gradually deleted all of the super long stream-of-consciousness podcasts. I realize these are easy to produce, but they are really boring.
    5. NO pinball origin stories. (I've always loved pinball....zzzzzzz.....)
    6. No arcade game or virtual pinball news

This is something I posted a while back. Really, I’m only listening to KPP and C2C. With the huge amount of new podcasts lately, are there any new shows that meet my criteria? I would like to add maybe one more to my regulars. The main thing I want to avoid is super long, boring shows. Who else is doing something similar to KPP and C2C?

#157 5 years ago

I will try it.

Actually, I think what I’m really asking for is exactly what C2C used to do. I’m shocked that nobody has tried to fill the void that Nate left behind.

Yes, Nate got a little too close to Stern there for a while, then got a little too tournament-focused, then got busy selling guitars or something. But, for a couple of years, his podcast was close to perfect.

KPP is excellent, but really only focused on new games, manufacturer drama, etc. IMHO, his is easily the best out there right now, but he’s only interested in a very narrow slice of the hobby.

Someone should step up and create the next C2C...just clone it! Nate has shown you the way!

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just start your own. It's really easy. I do one of the longwinded ones that are really easy to produce, of course that is after running a hardline through my house to my basement so my internet was better, bought a new laptop that could handle several mics, bought several mics, paid for software for taking calls, purchasing enough headphones to record live and a recorder for an interface for the mics...and mixer...and headphone amp..all to provide free content. Podcasting is really not worth it, if you do it you do it for those that appreciate what you do and the way you do it. If you can't find one or two that you like you may just not be who podcast are catering to.

I definitely appreciate all the free content, and don’t mean to denigrate anyone for tons of thankless labor. And no, I’m not stepping up to do it myself, that is a fair point.

Taylor, I really like your voice. I would love to see what would happen if you were in a better format.

Just my opinion, intended as constructive criticism only. Nothing personal. Just feedback from an avid podcast listener.

#163 5 years ago

I don't mean an exact clone, of course. I just mean a show that has some of the best qualities of C2C, and other shows that have been successful. Brief, frequent, topical, preferably by someone who really knows what is going on in all aspects of the hobby. I don't really even care for interview segments. Based upon my favorites, I think I prefer the one-man-show format. I think there is plenty of room for creativity in a show with those general qualities.

3 weeks later
    #200 5 years ago

I would love to see Hilton start a one man podcast, following some of the guidelines I mentioned above. He is smart, informed and connected. He is unafraid to be controversial. I think it would be very interesting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Russell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/definitive-pinside-pinball-podcast-list?tu=Russell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.