Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by luc1f3rb0b
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.38.32 PM (resized).png
    48EE1708-EEB8-4A24-8215-ED6A7FAB5047 (resized).jpeg
    583EB7DE-D57F-41A8-9BE8-8E4471D4CA7B (resized).jpeg
    E9DDFC3F-C721-4FD6-BF74-DE32BA33BE13 (resized).jpeg
    F2234AB0-1121-42B1-8253-0DA29C728932 (resized).jpeg
    3DCA8F6C-FA87-48EC-BFE1-19928D998580 (resized).jpeg
    LOGO SMALL (resized).jpg
    Podcast episode 01 image (resized).jpg
    IMG_0998 (resized).JPG
    64334208_(resized).jpg
    image.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by solarvalue (9 years ago)

Post #116 Useful list of links Posted by DennisK (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

I will try it.
    Actually, I think what I’m really asking for is exactly what C2C used to do. I’m shocked that nobody has tried to fill the void that Nate left behind.
    Yes, Nate got a little too close to Stern there for a while, then got a little too tournament-focused, then got busy selling guitars or something. But, for a couple of years, his podcast was close to perfect.
    KPP is excellent, but really only focused on new games, manufacturer drama, etc. IMHO, his is easily the best out there right now, but he’s only interested in a very narrow slice of the hobby.
    Someone should step up and create the next C2C...just clone it! Nate has shown you the way!

One of the beauties of early C2C was that it was the perspective of a player/collector. An infatuation with discovering games and enjoying pinball for pinball. Spoke about the excitement of installing mods and buying new lights... wasn’t afraid to share a learning process about the history of pinball... and seemed interested in the magic of pinball.

There was a certain innocence.

In a lot of ways it echoed the beauty of the silverball podcast.

That changed some as tournament play became more of a topic, along with growing influence of more new games - which is all fine and good. But that ending really gave birth to podcasters really attacking the news/reporting side of things, not to mention mind numbing discussions about specific details having to do with tournament play.

I sure wish a pure collectors podcast would emerge. That’s the void that’s missing, IMO.

And Pinside should totally allow Chris’s show to be discussed. It has moments of being stellar. Kind of ironic that the guy gets lashed for crapping on people, yet there are Pinsiders that turn around and do the exact same thing to the same level of maturity and there’s zero repricussion.

#179 5 years ago

Wow. I really can’t believe that thread is still up... and you’ve got someone actually suggesting that violence might be one avenue of community resolution or entertainment.

SMH.

Pinside has officially hit rock bottom. This community was such a cool place 4 or 5 years ago. It’s so divided and divisive now, full of anger and venom... it’s sad. Might be time for an extended vacation.

#187 5 years ago

edit: I'm removing this comment.

Added over 6 years ago: Someone asked why I pulled down the comment. Let's just say it was due to some new information and explanation provided by someone that I would consider to be reliable, trustworthy, and a friend. Sounds like more information will be coming to the forefront tomorrow...

2 months later
    #213 5 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Episode #5 was uploaded today. Special shout outs during this episode to our fellow podcasters (This Week In Pinball Podcast - Jeff and Zach, Head 2 Head Pinball Podcast - Martin and Ryan, Kaneda's Pinball Podcast - Chris). Thanks to everyone for the listens as we've gone over 1200 downloads!
    http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.libsyn.com/so-far-so-good

Your shoes have been great!!

#216 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

What brand does he wear?
    I’m always on the lookout for some sweet footwear ...
    rd

Can’t help it. I like their shoes!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/definitive-pinside-pinball-podcast-list?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.