Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by luc1f3rb0b
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.38.32 PM (resized).png
    48EE1708-EEB8-4A24-8215-ED6A7FAB5047 (resized).jpeg
    583EB7DE-D57F-41A8-9BE8-8E4471D4CA7B (resized).jpeg
    E9DDFC3F-C721-4FD6-BF74-DE32BA33BE13 (resized).jpeg
    F2234AB0-1121-42B1-8253-0DA29C728932 (resized).jpeg
    3DCA8F6C-FA87-48EC-BFE1-19928D998580 (resized).jpeg
    LOGO SMALL (resized).jpg
    Podcast episode 01 image (resized).jpg
    IMG_0998 (resized).JPG
    64334208_(resized).jpg
    image.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Thank you I'm not planning to do anything like a regular published podcast as the main focus is still producing an in-depth glossy printed publication. But you never know how things will roll

Well, you're off to a good start.

#52 7 years ago

I'm not sure if this new podcast has been listed here or not. This is episode two and as you will discover by listening, I loved it along with the first podcast.

https://soundcloud.com/user-120799407/cornball-pincast-002

#53 7 years ago

Thanks, added The Cornball Pincast.

1 week later
    #54 7 years ago

I know this isn't going to make me popular but I have to give credit where it's due. Kaneda's pinball podcast did a very good pre-expo preview, it's episode 61. Yes, the guy often takes it too far and sometimes he's abusive but he does occasionally put out a good episode and this is one example of that. The fact is, since Nate stopped putting out weekly episodes of Coast2Coast there's no one else doing timely podcasts about current pinball happenings. It's left a gaping hole in the pinball podcast line-up and, for all his problems, Kaneda is partially filling that spot. I know the mods removed his podcast from the list, please remove this post as well if it's outside of the forum rules.

#55 7 years ago

Added the Little Kings Pinball Podcast.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I know this isn't going to make me popular but I have to give credit where it's due. Kaneda's pinball podcast did a very good pre-expo preview, it's episode 61. Yes, the guy often takes it too far and sometimes he's abusive but he does occasionally put out a good episode and this is one example of that. The fact is, since Nate stopped putting out weekly episodes of Coast2Coast there's no one else doing timely podcasts about current pinball happenings. It's left a gaping hole in the pinball podcast line-up and, for all his problems, Kaneda is partially filling that spot. I know the mods removed his podcast from the list, please remove this post as well if it's outside of the forum rules.

What is timely? 30 minutes after something happens? My podcast, as well as others, do not focus on being reactionary, but we certainly discuss timely events.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I agree, he is on top of the news. Sometimes a bit repetitive. Episode 61 was good, also the ones with the Black Knight are good. About deleting the link to or existence of this podcast in the list is in my eyes ridiculous. Although there are issues between the Pinside community / owners/ moderators, you can't deny the existence of the podcast nor the discussion about it. That would be neglecting certain parts of history (like wwII) because you don't like that era. Just my thoughts on it (start the downvote

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

I agree, he is on top of the news. Sometimes a bit repetitive. Episode 61 was good, also the ones with the Black Knight are good. About deleting the link to or existence of this podcast in the list is in my eyes ridiculous. Although there are issues between the Pinside community / owners/ moderators, you can't deny the existence of the podcast nor the discussion about it. That would be neglecting certain parts of history (like wwII) because you don't like that era. Just my thoughts on it (start the downvote

Nah, thumbs up and I agree with you and Soloarvalue.

In general, I'm a supporter of the Pinside moderators. However, they, like all of us are capable of human error. Kaneda was an egregious provocateur and people often over compensate to right a wrong. I believe the moderators did just that and Soloarvalue should privately appeal to Robin about reversing it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Yes, we removed Kanedas Podcast from the list. We love censoring information and this is just part of our daily routine to keep random information away from the American people!

Just kidding. Truth is, we always remove links to inflammatory or abusive content when we see (or in this case hear) it. That's not exclusive to podcasts. In this particular case, it's a long story where we (the Pinside team) ultimately decided we no longer wanted Pinside to be linking to this podcast. I'm not gonna elaborate about it here, but suffice to say too much has happened for me to to reverse that decision at this time.

Look, I am not denying its existence or telling anyone not to listen to it. That's of course your own prerogative. But I don't want to link to it anymore either because, frankly, it's just causing too much polarisation in the community and costing the mod team and me too much grief, time and energy to deal with day in day out.

If you want to discuss, feel free to PM me - but please do not derail this podcast thread with any more opinions on the matter. If we ever conclude that the Podcast is no longer abusive or inflammatory towards our site/community, I will personally add its name back to the list. Thanks.

#60 7 years ago

Having the right to speak doesn't mean you can do it in my house. Podcasters have many avenues to publicize their work. It's appropriate that banned users who have performed terrible deeds not be given a platform here.

#61 7 years ago

Wow, this is definitely the year for new pinball podcasts.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

What is timely? 30 minutes after something happens? My podcast, as well as others, do not focus on being reactionary, but we certainly discuss timely events.

Don't get me wrong, I love your podcast, I sincerely thank you for doing it and I don't mean to disrespect any other show. I just mean to say that a lot of the podcasts are more of a monthly thing, which is great, but Nate used to do shows once or twice a week and often right after something happened. He would also often podcast after each day of the big shows. I know not everyone can do this, I certainly don't expect any of the others to do it, it's a different kind of podcast. You really need to to be a one-person operation to pull it off and it's likely why Nate is not doing it any longer, it became too hard when he got busy with other stuff. However, it's part of the reason why Nate's show was so fun to listen to, it really made you feel like you were part of the action. That's all.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I just mean to say that a lot of the podcasts are more of a monthly thing, which is great, but Nate used to do shows once or twice a week and often right after something happened.

The C2C Void as I think of it. Though, do we know what percentage of the pinball podcasts are monthly or longer between releases? That would be pretty interesting information (to see what the standard release schedule is for each one). I currently subscribe to 11 (including mixed gaming podcasts that include pinball). It looks like just under half of those are releasing monthly+, but a number of them are fairly loose with the release schedule.

#68 7 years ago

I know Taylor and I go every two weeks. Typical release every other Friday, with an occasional delay by an extra week. I have personally been critical of Pinside on the podcast, well more certain pinsiders than the website as a whole, but I don't think we go around causing trouble for the site. If anything we seek to critique to encourage improvements. That other guy, he is here to cause trouble because he has nothing better to do with his life which is pretty sad.

Anyway the majority of pinball coverage out there is good. We strive to keep the show entertaining, honesty, and fun. Hopefully people enjoy, and if not well offer some feedback or don't listen. Have a good one.

-Tommy
    one half of This Flippin Podcast (the good half probably)

REESE'S PIECES 4 LIFE

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I know Taylor and I go every two weeks. Typical release every other Friday, with an occasional delay by an extra week. I have personally been critical of Pinside on the podcast, well more certain pinsiders than the website as a whole, but I don't think we go around causing trouble for the site.

Guess I should have noted our schedule along with my statement to help out!

Tony and I are every two weeks also, with a typical release on Sunday. We're mixed gaming and a lot of pinball folks might not be keen on that, but we probably average about 70% pinball content across all the episodes.

We've (well, more me) have also been critical towards this forum. Never calling out individuals, but the hostile atmosphere is a constant reference point. I've never heard blow-back that we're mean or unfair in our statements (and I've never been concerned that I'm stepping over a line with this site; at least no one has suggested such to me). We simply feel gamers (many of whom may not be familiar with Pinside) should be aware that the tone here is different than what they encounter on other sites. /shrug

#71 7 years ago

In answer to a few recent comments about Kaneda:

You are free to listen to his podcasts on your own, but the reason the podcasts are not welcome here is that they include personal attacks against members of the community, falsehoods about pinside (well beyond simple criticisms), and various comments that cause a lot problems, arguments, and bad blood. This is supposed to be a community, and Kaneda is simply so polarizing and divisive, and that simply leads to a lot of hostility. It's toxic in a lot of ways. So, since it's obviously unhealthy for the community, it doesn't belong here. That's not to say there isn't some good content or interviews in them, but the problems and trail of wreckage it causes far outweighs any benefits here, so we're not going to provide any free advertising for it.

That said, this is not the thread to discuss that topic. If you wish to go into it further, please open a moderator feedback thread or PM Robin. Any further posts about it here will be moderated in an effort to keep the thread from derailing.

#72 7 years ago

I can't believe that my show, the FIRST arcade/pinball podcast was overlooked. Well, I went and looked at my page and I figured out why. The Index page was messed up. It's fixed now and everyone can try and endure the ORIGINAL Arcade podcasts that I did in 1999-2001.

Good Luck!

http://alsarcade.com/pinsnvidsa/

Al Warner
    Pins and Vids Audio Show

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

In answer to a few recent comments about Kaneda:
    You are free to listen to his podcasts on your own, but the reason the podcasts are not welcome here is that they include personal attacks against members of the community, falsehoods about pinside (well beyond simple criticisms), and various comments that cause a lot problems, arguments, and bad blood. This is supposed to be a community, and Kaneda is simply so polarizing and divisive, and that simply leads to a lot of hostility. It's toxic in a lot of ways. So, since it's obviously unhealthy for the community, it doesn't belong here. That's not to say there isn't some good content or interviews in them, but the problems and trail of wreckage it causes far outweighs any benefits here, so we're not going to provide any free advertising for it.
    That said, this is not the thread to discuss that topic. If you wish to go into it further, please open a moderator feedback thread or PM Robin. Any further posts about it here will be moderated in an effort to keep the thread from derailing.

Lol

Pretty sure I am attacked personally in the "corn ball" podcast. But I just really don't care.

#74 7 years ago

I saw that there's a new This Flippin' Podcast out with a review of Dialed In, well done Tommy and Taylor!

#75 7 years ago

Yep enjoy the episode hopefully as much as I enjoyed the game. I was very impressed.

IMG_0998 (resized).JPGIMG_0998 (resized).JPG

#76 7 years ago

Here's what I look for in a podcast:

1. Keep me updated about the latest pinball news. I like hearing about the rumors, drama, releases, buzz from shows, tournament news, and the most interesting discussions happening in the Pinside community. In other words, I'd like to feel like I'm plugged in to everything going on in pinball without having to spend hours reading every thread.
    2. Relatively short, maybe around 30 minutes.
    3. Frequent, at least weekly
    4. Carefully curated, not just random conversations. I've gradually deleted all of the super long stream-of-consciousness podcasts. I realize these are easy to produce, but they are really boring.
    5. NO pinball origin stories. (I've always loved pinball....zzzzzzz.....)
    6. No arcade game or virtual pinball news

At the moment, I only listen to C2C, KPP and Pinheadz. Are there others I should try that would get close to my preferences?

1 week later
    #77 7 years ago

Alright LKPP listeners. Ryan and I recorded two seperate sessions last night. One with and one without special guests. The conversation flowed and the guacamole was tasty. Keep your eye on this string and our facecrack page (https://www.facebook.com/The-Little-Kings-Pinball-Podcast-202574163508700/) for more updates and information. We are grateful for the people who took the time to listen in and we are taking all feedback and constructive criticism very seriously. We even have our own string here on Pinside! ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-little-kings-pinball-podcast).

Have yourself a great day and PLAY SOME PINBALL!

Take a listen and rate us on iTunes and if you'd rather not deal with the cult of the apple, check out: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/…/soundcloud:users:2…/sounds.rss

Thank you for listening!

ryanwanger and caucasian2step

#78 7 years ago

My friend Coury from My Life In Gaming (http://www.youtube.com/mylifeingaming) invited me to talk pinball on their weekly livestream last night. They are a video game channel so it was a fun opportunity to share what's cool about pinball with other kinds of gamers.

They release the show as an audio-only podcast as well, here's the link for those who may be interested: http://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-i2649-63db4e

#80 7 years ago

So how do we add a podcast to the "Definitive" list?

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

So how do we add a podcast to the "Definitive" list?

You post the info in this thread or PM solarvalue and ask her/him to add it.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You post the info in this thread or PM solarvalue and ask her/him to add it.

I've done that, yet nothing changed. Hmmm...

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

I've done that, yet nothing changed. Hmmm...

Al, my sincere apologies, I must have overlooked your post. Doing it now.

I put you in a new category "Mixed arcade and pinball podcasts - no longer running"

#84 7 years ago

Added some details to Little Kings Podcast.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Added some details to Little Kings Podcast.

Thanks! New episode is out on iTunes, Stitcher, or here: https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/episode-2-dory-hill-pinball-campout

If there is anywhere else we should add it, please let us know!

#86 7 years ago

Thanks for including The Cornball ---cast, SolarValue! There was some slight umbrage over my usage of the phrase "Pincast" so I'm coming up with a new name before the next episode.

And guests are always welcome, too! If I haven't pissed everyone in the pinball community off, that is.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Thanks for including The Cornball ---cast, SolarValue! There was some slight umbrage over my usage of the phrase "Pincast" so I'm coming up with a new name before the next episode.
    And guests are always welcome, too! If I haven't pissed everyone in the pinball community off, that is.

Do everything you can to get an RSS feed going, so we can subscribe. I know it's a bit tricky with soundcloud, but I know i've done it before. Some page I used to translate users' sc URLs didn't pan out with yours. Podcatcher didn't like it.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Thanks! New episode is out on iTunes, Stitcher, or here: https://soundcloud.com/user-859738069/episode-2-dory-hill-pinball-campout
    If there is anywhere else we should add it, please let us know!

Add it to the podcast garden?

#89 7 years ago

Here is another episode from Launch the Ball Podcast

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/launch-the-ball

#90 7 years ago

Just a reminder to all the podcasters out there to let me know if you want me to add or update the description about your podcast. You can write a short description about your podcast perhaps explaining the main focus of your show, what topics you discuss, the format, length, release schedule and where you are located. It helps potential listeners to find the podcasts they are interested in and helps to grow your audience.

#91 7 years ago

Both links for Pin-Bar Cavern are dead. Heads up! Thanks for keeping this up-to-date!

1 month later
    #92 7 years ago

I'm really enjoying the Little Kings podcast. Generally short, focused on a few topics, casual conversation but not stream-of-consciousness. Thumbs up.

I'm sick of KPP. I'm not interested in hearing him lecture about his own unhealthy obsession with Pinside. That show can be excellent, but lately it's just a whine-fest. Thumbs down.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Both links for Pin-Bar Cavern are dead. Heads up! Thanks for keeping this up-to-date!

Removed Pin Cavern, they have stopped producing them and there doesn't seem to be an archive for their past shows.

#94 7 years ago

Added Pinball Profile.

#95 7 years ago

Man, I'm missing Coast2Coast, would love to hear a 2016 wrap-up from Nate, here's hoping.

#96 7 years ago

Well, not a new C2C, but the next best thing:

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/wwop-ep-5-123016_95307

1 week later
    #97 7 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

A lot of podcast playing software can do this. If you have an Android phone, I recommend Podcast Addict (it's what I use and the free version is fully enabled, it just has banner ads). Subscribe to the feeds you want in the software, and then if you hold down on the feeds in the list you can choose "Download unread episodes" and it'll grab every single one you haven't yet listened to in Podcast Addict.

I never thanked you for your reply, very helpful thank you. Is there a PC program that will do a similar thing?

#98 7 years ago

iTunes can be installed on PCs and set to download unplayed episodes (and delete them when finished). Any podcast worth its salt is listed with iTunes, so it may be the easiest option on PC.

I think Pocket Casts is another option. It is for phones, but it syncs so you can continue through a web interface. I've never used but I know people who love it.

2 weeks later
    #99 7 years ago

The Boom Go Pinball Podcast is officially over. Move that puppy into past tense!

#100 7 years ago

Arcade Outsiders Podcast also looks to be over. They noted episode 100 as their final back in October it appears. http://arcadeoutsiders.com/

There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/definitive-pinside-pinball-podcast-list/page/2?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.