• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TOK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

williamsrow.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CapitolAuctions.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I know this is probably the wrong forum, but any help would be appreciated.
My Defender will not start a new game. I set #17 for free play(1) and scroll through all of the settings, close the door, push 1 player or 2 player start, and then nothing happens. I have checked the 1 player and 2 player buttons, and they appear to be working fine, I have jumpered the pins on the start buttons, and that does not work. The coin door switch is operating correctly.
On power up, it passes the initial tests, and the screen shows the attract mode, and all appears to work fine.
I have also played around with the settings, taking it off of free play, enabling the coin mech, and adding credits, and a game still will not start.
The machine was working great up until it stopped working, LOL
Thanks for any input.

#3 9 years ago

Maybe I should have mentioned that this is the Williams Defender, arcade machine, not pinball. I know this is the wrong forum, but there is so much knowledge out there, that I thought I would give it a shot.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the response Fuko

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

Thank you so much for the help. I have not had any luck. The wiring from the 1 player and 2 player start buttons to the widget board checks good.
I am thinking it may be the widget board.

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

I found a widget board on E-Bay, replaced it, and the machine is now working great. Thanks for all of the input.

1 month later
#11 8 years ago

Now for my next issue. The screen flickers sometimes. I know it makes it tougher to troubleshoot when it is not all of the time. Any suggestions on where to look. Thank you so much for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monrovia, MD
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CapitolAuctions.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/defender-help?tu=CapitolAuctions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.