6729C4B8-BE1A-42A1-B458-C44E6CB02685 (resized).jpeg
7F4493A3-7B4F-4729-9AD5-F41488881E7E (resized).jpeg
2D208096-BE9C-4699-893E-328AD21B56D2 (resized).jpeg
4B8FD074-D379-42CF-907B-9241F67FDE3C (resized).jpeg
1377B4C7-9C00-43DC-9C1A-2260856116AF (resized).jpeg
40D742D0-6B74-46DE-BAF5-B2C0E4F0BBEE (resized).jpeg
F76129C0-2C0A-451E-9D0C-DA098A684E42 (resized).jpeg
Defendermicro-switch (resized).jpg
Defender Solenoid test.pdf (PDF preview)
20200731_100557 (resized).jpg
20200731_100602 (resized).jpg
20200731_100502 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monster_bash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

+10000!

I picked up a Defender a few months ago after looking for 10+ years. It's actually in pretty decent shape compared to most I have seen (unrestored obviously).
I'm on the fence about restoring it..or just playing it. My basement is still quite a few months away from being pinball ready..so it's just sitting anyway.

Does anyone have a PF scan available? I've been in touch with a couple of Pinsiders that restored their Defenders. One said they would share their PF scans with me but I never got them after asking a couple of times

#17 8 years ago

I inquired about a back glass with John Greatwich..the guy in Canada that does the direct print Sorcerer (and others now) playfields. He mentioned some time ago if he had a good scan..he could do a back glass. Might be worth giving him a shout.

My back glass is pretty good but certainly not perfect

Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Count me in the club!

When I bought my game, it came with an uninstalled NOS backglass. I asked Stu from CPR if he wanted me to send it to him to scan. He told me that CPR would never sell enough of them to make any money and didn't even want to scan it. I have since installed it in my game, but it may have been NOS, but wasn't perfect.
gabe³

#45 8 years ago

Can you add the scans or PM me with them. I'd like to stitch the PF together and send it to John to see if he can do the direct price screening

Quoted from kbliznick:

Also have scans from my NOS pf before I installed it if someone wants to stitch that together. Never thought to scan my standard backglass.
Also have scans of the apron.

#51 8 years ago

Can you upload them to my FTP? Or dropbox? Or drop them in the mail on a USB stick?

Actually Gmail has a 25MB limit...if you compress them VIA win.rar...winzip...whatever...they might be small enough to email

Quoted from kbliznick:

It's 12 seperate 25mb scans, so the files are too big for PM or email. I'd like to have someone actually do this and send me the full file. I have sent scans off for this and and the backglass several times and have yet had anybody actually finish it.

1 week later
#53 8 years ago

Just an update..
Kbliznick did get me the NOS PF scans and even the Proto back glass.

I've confirmed with John Greatwich that if the art work is provided..he can direct print the PF at his current rate of $500 returned. The only PF I've seen from him was a Sorcerer that looks amazing

So we might have a source for reasonably priced PF restores

4 weeks later
#72 8 years ago

Just an update on the PF art. I've got the scans stitched and started correcting the art. There are a total of 13 scans (and parts of a 14th) that makeup the PF. I have over 12 hours into just one of those scans correcting horrible registry issues...and border lines that are no where near straight. Any blues were so poorly screened that they all showed white through. Almost like they didn't use enough ink...those all had to be redrawn by hand. Also the PF had terrible planking that needs correcting.

It's gonna be a time consuming process..but will be worth it in the end

7 months later
#145 8 years ago

Nice!

I have the defender\defender thing as well

Also have Stargate\Stargate

I had Spy hunter\Spy hunter but the pin just sucked to bad to keep =)

Got a Qbert Vid and the Tron vid. Would really like that Qbert pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monrovia, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monster_bash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/defender-club-fans-welcome?tu=monster_bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.