By JoshODBrown

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6537_(resized).JPG
IMG_6536_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

a while back I rebuilt the flippers for my Data East Rocky and Bullwinkle. The flippers played fine for a couple dozen games and then i noticed one of the flippers sinking a bit when it got hit by a ball at high speed while it was in the flipped position. Upon taking the assembly apart to inspect, i see that the coil stop rivets were coming loose (on each new coil stop) . I ended up putting the original coil stops back on, and they have been working fine. The rest of the flipper/plunger/coil assembly is also fine! I had contacted the company i bought the rebuild kit from and they had their supplier directly send me some new replacement coil stops. Turns out the stops came from Marco Specialities. Upon arrival, right away before i even install them, i notice one of the new coil stops has a weak rivet, as the stop portion is coming apart from the plate and spinning a bit. I was able to turn it to tighten it a bit, and figured i'd give them a shot in my machine this morning, and sure enough after about 3 games, the rivet has completely loosened to the point i just ended up putting the original stops back in. Has anybody else experienced this from Marco? or maybe they get their parts from another supplier? Is there any other company i could order the Data East stops from that are not complete pieces of garbage? The game is playing totally fine with the original stops in the meantime.

You can see from the attached pictures how its separating from the plate.

IMG_6536_(resized).JPGIMG_6536_(resized).JPG

IMG_6537_(resized).JPGIMG_6537_(resized).JPG

#4 8 years ago

I'm going to try the peen thing to see if it helps. will report back whenever i get around to fixing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/defective-marco-coil-stops?tu=JoshODBrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.